We could have had 3 more mass shootings this weekend

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
Ok. Perhaps i was wrong about the mental illness belief.

So what are the other problems other than guns? Hatred. Racism. Ignorance. Fear. Turf. Money. Prestige. Poverty. Hurt pride. Vengence. Politics. The media. Soceity being fractured because we're told to be.

I see all of these as contributing factors to the violence.

Guns are just a tool to an end goal for immediate localised results. Sort of like sucide bombers and IED's or VBIED's.

We do have a problem but i don't think the fix we have in mind will solve what ails us.

Jul 2018
Earth
Reactions: Gdjjr
Feb 2019
nunya
Ok. Perhaps i was wrong about the mental illness belief.

So what are the other problems other than guns? Hatred. Racism. Ignorance. Fear. Turf. Money. Prestige. Poverty. Hurt pride. Vengence. Politics. The media. Soceity being fractured because we're told to be.

I see all of these as contributing factors to the violence.

Guns are just a tool to an end goal for immediate localised results. Sort of like sucide bombers and IED's or VBIED's.

We do have a problem but i don't think the fix we have in mind will solve what ails us.
Yeah, we do have hatred, racism and ignorance as well as fear. Other countries also do have this. I just do not believe that an insane person can carry out their mass murder fantasies with a kitchen knife.

Aug 2018
been around
Mass shootings are newsworthy but statistically insignificant. Many more children are killed in non headline murders.
If you take out suicides and gang related inner city murders US violent deaths are more or less on par with most nations, and below some that have strict gun laws or have banned guns altogether.
Compare UK knife attacks with US gun attacks and adjust for population to see what I'm saying. It's chilling. You don't mass kill (usually) with a kitchen knife, but if people are attacking each other with knives at a higher rate than they do here with guns, it makes a strong case that it's a societal problem, not a gun problem.
The hysteria here is promoted to take people's guns; not to prevent murder. That is patently clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gdjjr
Jun 2018
South Dakota
There could have been three more mass shootings if these men weren't stopped, authorities say - CNN

Just think about that, we would have had 5 mass shootings in one week. 5.

We have a serious problem. Enough with the bullshit. Every other country has video games. Every other county has mental illness. Yet we are the only ones with more mass shootings and more guns than people.
Are you libs taking turns dragging out this tired old worn out mantra of gun confiscation? Find something new to whine about, please.