We did not go to the moon

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
OK, I lied, one more post.

You didn't come close to addressing my points. You're dishonest. You string things along. You are a troll.

Um....what?

The moon rock Armstrong gave to Holland was petrified wood, so we didn't go to the moon. Armstrong didn't give anything to Holland. Nixon gave a moon rock to Holland.

Brass is in moon rocks, so we didn't go to the moon. BS. Copper and zinc, the metals that alloy to make brass, were found, but no brass. Science idiot strikes again

Amazing. The questions posed have been answered every which way.

You are displaying an unreasonable mind, a mind that is willfully immune to reason.

Sorry Sabcat, on this subject you earn being described as a whacko.

We went to the moon.
About the OP video....

Owen Benjamin's rationale goes like this.

Obama laughed evilly, so we didn't go to the moon.

Operation Paperclip, nazi scientists, so we didn't go to the moon.

All the telemetry tapes are missing/recorded over, so we didn't go to the moon. Apollo 11's slow-scan TV tapes are missing, but numerous copies of it exist.

You can't live broadcast from the moon now, so we didn't go to the moon. The live broadcasts from the moon were of very low quality. Read it: How NASA Broadcast Neil Armstrong Live from the Moon. Benjamin reveals he doesn't know squat on this subject.

You need a 150,000 volts to even do it a few miles, so we didn't go to the moon. What a bloody idiot Benjamin makes of himself. Transmitter power is measured in watts, not volts. Idiot. Deceptive idiot fooling self-willed morons.

The moon rock Armstrong gave to Holland was petrified wood, so we didn't go to the moon. Armstrong didn't give anything to Holland. Nixon gave a moon rock to Holland.

Brass is in moon rocks, so we didn't go to the moon. BS. Copper and zinc, the metals that alloy to make brass, were found, but no brass. Science idiot strikes again

The moon lander, looks like it was designed by a kid you gave adderol and glue, so we didn't go to the moon, Clearly he knows nothing about the moon landers. Read: Apollo Lunar Module - Wikipedia

For the reading challenged.

Benjamin would sell all his stuff to go to the moon so he could jump around like a black kid. That's what he said....

I absolutely cannot watch any more of Benjamin's know it all act. He's clueless and so is anyone who'd believe the continues stream of BS that emanates from his smart-ass mouth.

Someone would have to be really lazy and/or stupid to buy this BS.
Curators at Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum, where the rock has attracted tens of thousands of visitors each year, discovered that the "lunar rock", valued at £308,000, was in fact petrified wood.
Xandra van Gelder, who oversaw the investigation, said the museum would continue to keep the stone as a curiosity.
"It's a good story, with some questions that are still unanswered," she said. "We can laugh about it."
The rock was given to Willem Drees, a former Dutch leader, during a global tour by Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin following their moon mission 50 years ago.
J. William Middendorf, the former American ambassador to the Netherlands, made the presentation to Mr Drees and the rock was then donated to the Rijksmuseum after his death in 1988.
"I do remember that Drees was very interested in the little piece of stone. But that it's not real, I don't know anything about that," Mr Middendorf said.
Nasa gave moon rocks to more than 100 countries following lunar missions in 1969 and the 1970s.
The United States Embassy in The Hague is carrying out an investigation into the affair.
Researchers Amsterdam's Free University were able to tell at a glance that the rock was unlikely to be from the moon, a conclusion that was borne out by tests.
"It's a nondescript, pretty-much-worthless stone," said Frank Beunk, a geologist involved in the investigation.

'Moon rock' given to Holland by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin is fake

There are a lot of questions w/ the moon landing.

The tapes going missing is my favorite

Oct 2010
Colorado
How NASA Broadcast Neil Armstrong Live from the Moon

Yeah, that sounds like bullshit to me, to bad we dont have the original source to analyze. Unfortunately they "recorded over" that.
Sounds like bullshit to you, eh?

What do you know about slow scan black and white TV? Tell me what you know about a 500 vs. 700 kHz bandwidth. 300 vs 525 scan lines. NTSC format. An SEC tube.

Here's what you and Benjamin know: nada

You probably think it takes 150,000 volts to transmit a TV signal a few miles, like your guru thinks, and Apollo only had 12 volts. Imbeciles.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Sounds like bullshit to you, eh?

What do you know about slow scan black and white TV? Tell me what you know about a 500 vs. 700 kHz bandwidth. 300 vs 525 scan lines. NTSC format. An SEC tube.

Here's what you and Benjamin know: nada

You probably think it takes 150,000 volts to transmit a TV signal a few miles, like your guru thinks, and Apollo only had 12 volts. Imbeciles.

I don't know anything about it or the energy needed to do it. I do find it very hard to believe that they were able to live stream from the moon in the 60s. Also explaining that the frequencies had to be altered to do so, something that would have been able to look into had the originals survived to be yet another suspicious activity in a line of suspicious activities. What was the alleged delay...? 4 min?

Oct 2010
Colorado
I don't know anything about it or the energy needed to do it. I do find it very hard to believe that they were able to live stream from the moon in the 60s. Also explaining that the frequencies had to be altered to do so, something that would have been able to look into had the originals survived to be yet another suspicious activity in a line of suspicious activities. What was the alleged delay...? 4 min?
And that's your problem. Reason doesn't mean much to you.

As you admitted, you don't know anything about it or the energy needed to do it, but you do find it very hard to believe that they were able to live stream from the moon in the 60s. OK, but you don't want to know. If you're provided some information, you don't care. You "find it very hard to believe," and that's good enough for you.

All kinds of records exist. Even if the Apollo 11 TV tapes are MIA, as far as I can tell the other Apollo TV tapes are available, copies of the 11 tapes were made by multiple worldwide agencies. Hell, I was into ham radio then. I had a friend who listened to the Apollo missions while in flight.

There aren't any suspicious activities except to a mind looking for them. What four minute delay. Benjamin word saladed about the 10 or 12 sec. broadcast TV delay when it's live coverage, which exists to edit out "shits" and stuff, and then points out that the Apollo signal only had a four-second delay.

The moon is ~235,000 miles away. Radio signals travel at 186,000 miles per second.

Oct 2010
Colorado
People in some ways were just more determined, more creative back then. I built and even designed some of my equipment beginning when I was 13. Right now, I can call my daughters in New Zealand or Argentina from my cell phone. Yawn. Back then, I built my equipment and constructed my antenna, and with the power of a 75-watt incandescent light bulb, I talked through the ether alone all over the world. I had regular chats with some hams in NZ and Australia. Talked to guys in Cuba and the USSR. Japan. Everywhere.

Eavesdropping on Apollo 11
In July of 1969 a ham radio operator and amateur radio-astronomer by the name of Larry Baysinger, W4EJA, accomplished an amazing feat. He independently detected radio transmissions from the Apollo 11 astronauts on the lunar surface. Fortunately, his accomplishments were recorded by Glenn Rutherford, a young reporter for the Louisville (Kentucky) Courier-Journal. “Lunar Eavesdropping: Louisvillians hear moon walk talk on homemade equipment,” sporting Rutherford’s byline, appeared in the Wednesday, July 23, 1969 issue of that paper — front page of section B, the local news section (see Figure 1).​
Rutherford opened the Courier story with “Thanks to some homemade electronic equipment, including a rebuilt 20 year old radio receiver from an Army tank (see Figure 2) and an antenna made of spare pieces of aluminum, nylon cord and chicken wire (see Figure 3 and 4), a small band of Louisvillians was able to ‘eavesdrop’ Sunday (July 20) night on the American astronauts’ conversation directly from the moon.”​
The story discussed how Baysinger recorded 35 minutes of conversation from VHF signals transmitted between astronauts Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins (he did not attempt to pick up the encoded S-band signals from the main Moon-Earth communication link).1 These 35 minutes included the time during which President Richard Nixon transmitted a message of congratulations to the astronauts.​
Rutherford’s story briefly mentioned how Baysinger had been previously successful in constructing a device to detect radio signals from Jupiter and in tracking and reproducing pictures transmitted from Earth-orbiting satellites. It briefly described the antenna used for the lunar eavesdropping project — a fully steerable 8 × 12 foot “corner horn” — and it briefly discussed the amazing sensitivity of the receiver, which Baysinger specially modified for the lunar eavesdropping project. Rutherford finished the story with “Needless to say, the receiver worked to perfection Sunday night.”​
Baysinger’s accomplishment earned him some brief recognition — a meeting with the Collins Radio Company, which supplied the communications systems for the Apollo spacecraft. Collins was impressed with Baysinger’s work. Then the story faded into the mists of time. “Lunar Eavesdropping” quietly sat in the rolls of microfilmed Courier-Journal editions in the reference sections of (mostly Kentucky) libraries, awaiting rediscovery.​
Providence brought “Lunar Eavesdropping” back to light this summer. Rutherford, now an assistant editor of the central Kentucky newspaper The Record, was interviewing me concerning the productive history-of-astronomy research program operated out of the Jefferson Community & Technical College observatory. Our discussion drifted into the subject of science being done in unexpected places by a small homegrown operation (such as a Kentucky community college observatory).​
This prompted Rutherford to mention Baysinger’s work and the attention he got from the Collins Company as another example of interesting, homegrown, small-operation science in Louisville. I was immediately intrigued, especially when Rutherford said he did a story on it that appeared in the Courier-Journal.2 He could not recall the exact date, so a few days later I was rummaging through the microfilm collection at the University of Louisville library. I found Rutherford’s story within an hour (with the help of my wife Tina and son Joe).​
When I got back to Rutherford about how I was interested in the story and had found it in the July 23, 1969 Courier-Journal, he mentioned that Baysinger actually still lived in Louisville — retired from a radio career but still active in ham radio. In short order I was talking to Baysinger via phone and e-mail, learning more about the lunar eavesdropping project.​

Eavesdropping on Apollo 11

Mar 2008
australia
NASA admitted in 2006 that no one could find the original video recordings of the July 20, 1969, landing.

Since then, Richard Nafzger, an engineer at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland, who oversaw television processing at the ground-tracking sites during the Apollo 11 mission, has been looking for them.

The good news is he found where they went. The bad news is they were part of a batch of 200,000 tapes that were degaussed — magnetically erased — and re-used to save money.

“The goal was live TV,” Nafzger told a news conference.

Moon landing tapes got erased, NASA admits - Reuters
so? we have copies.
this in no way means the moon landings didnt happen. it means that there was an administrative bungle some years later when nasa was trying to save some money.

...and how did they say they streamed it live in the 60s?
they didnt. they were being actively scanned by massive radio telescopes designed to detect distant galaxies. it was a weird ask for the astronomers involved, but it worked. the message was linked to a tv station and broadcast via their usual transmitter.

We can theoretically shoot things (like teslas) out of low earth orbit, but people?
we could, but space is a dangerous place. the radiation levels are huge, keeping someone alive for a long period is hard and more importantly its expensive. we can build pretty good robots in the 21st century, so we send them instead. robots are smaller, no need for food and water, no need for life supports, they dont go mad on a voyage of several years, and there is no need for a return trip. sending people just doesnt make economic or practical sense.

Mar 2008
australia
The Basics of Lunar Ranging

i guess you are saying that these guys are also frauds, given that their task requires a purpose build mirror to be positioned on the moon.

this particular hoax has apparently been going for decades. imagine all the people who have been part of this conspiracy. and not a single one has come forward.

oh, by the way, i know of some unspent IMF funds in a dormant bank account, we can split it if you send me your bank account details.

May 2018
USA
USA didn't send people to the moon after Apollo 17 (1972) because of lack of funding. I saw live coverage from the moon in 1969 when Armstrong and Aldrin walked on the moon.
You didn't miss much. I remember watching the moon landing (age of 4) in the living room. After that I learned to resent the constant Apollo footage which was, essentially, shown 24/7 for days at a time. I hated it because it interrupted cartoons. NASA TV, for those who haven't seen it, is still staggeringly terrible to this very day. NASA is capable of taking the coolest thing ever (space flight) and turn it into mind numbing boredom. That's what you call "talent".