We just want marriage honest! BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
That article is the most biased, factless distortion of reality I have ever read.

So I had to check on the source and guess what. It turns out it is the official mouthpiece of The Heritage Foundation.

I guess now that they have finally given up trying to convince us smoking is good for us, they need to fill space with something.

Reactions: 4 people
Jun 2013
Ohio
The discredited Daily Signal again ? Worry about your life. Quit trying to control the lives of others. In other words, get a damn life already.

Reactions: 3 people

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Jul 2014
massachusetts
This is the fear du jour?

AN ACT
26 Prohibiting certain practices of discrimination because of race,

1 color, religious creed, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation,
2 gender identity or expression
, age or national origin by
3 employers, employment agencies, labor organizations and
4 others as herein defined

That?
That pretty much stamps out Christianity and establishes a Caliphate ....
if you read between the lines

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
If someone wants to withhold their services from a group because of “sincerely held religious beliefs” then where do we draw the line? Can a Doctor refuse to treat an unmarried pregnant woman? Can the owner of a diner refuse to serve black people because his religious beliefs say blacks aren’t really human?

I’m looking for honest answers.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
In the long run, SB 613 would leave regular Pennsylvanians constantly vulnerable to be targeted by the government for their beliefs. This enduring threat to their livelihoods would only perpetuate animosity between both sides of the marriage debate.
What an unmitigated steaming pile of horseshit.

As opposed to the animosity caused by people who use their "religion" as a reason to marginalize, discriminate and otherwise harm law-abiding citizens?

I think these puke-puddles of fake Christian martyrdom should all get sucked back into the assholes they were born from.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
If someone wants to withhold their services from a group because of “sincerely held religious beliefs” then where do we draw the line? Can a Doctor refuse to treat an unmarried pregnant woman? Can the owner of a diner refuse to serve black people because his religious beliefs say blacks aren’t really human?

I’m looking for honest answers.
I believe that a business should be allowed to choose who it does business w/ be it a mega store refusing to sell guns to people who have the legal qualifications to buy them or a baker who doesn't want to bake a cake because they believe that they are participating in a sin.

Now, the doctor would be an employee of the hospital so it would be up to said hospital to make that choice not the doctor. Same as the diner.

Reactions: 1 person

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I believe that a business should be allowed to choose who it does business w/ be it a mega store refusing to sell guns to people who have the legal qualifications to buy them or a baker who doesn't want to bake a cake because they believe that they are participating in a sin.

Now, the doctor would be an employee of the hospital so it would be up to said hospital to make that choice not the doctor. Same as the diner.
Are you really claiming that a store deciding not to serve "certain" people but not others is the same as a store choosing not to sell a particular item to anyone?

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.