We just want marriage honest! BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
I believe that a business should be allowed to choose who it does business w/ be it a mega store refusing to sell guns to people who have the legal qualifications to buy them or a baker who doesn't want to bake a cake because they believe that they are participating in a sin.

Now, the doctor would be an employee of the hospital so it would be up to said hospital to make that choice not the doctor. Same as the diner.
A doctor is on a flight and the call goes out that a doctor is needed. He is led to a young woman who is pregnant and in obvious distress. The young man with her introduces himself as her boyfriend. Can the doctor then refuse treatment because she is an unmarried pregnant woman?

Can the OWNER of a diner refuse service to black people because his religion says they are not human?

Reactions: 2 people
Apr 2018
America
That article is the most biased, factless distortion of reality I have ever read.

So I had to check on the source and guess what. It turns out it is the official mouthpiece of The Heritage Foundation.

I guess now that they have finally given up trying to convince us smoking is good for us, they need to fill space with something.
Can you prove the basis of article wrong?

LOL, I didn't think so.

There is a difference between a right, and a privilege. LGBT already have rights and are protected from illegal discrimination by law, they need no extra privileges.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Can you prove the basis of article wrong?

LOL, I didn't think so.

There is a difference between a right, and a privilege. LGBT already have rights and are protected from illegal discrimination by law, they need no extra privileges.
Care to name a “privilege” you think they are getting?

Reactions: 1 person
Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
If someone wants to withhold their services from a group because of “sincerely held religious beliefs” then where do we draw the line? Can a Doctor refuse to treat an unmarried pregnant woman? Can the owner of a diner refuse to serve black people because his religious beliefs say blacks aren’t really human?

I’m looking for honest answers.
Good luck with that.

Reactions: 1 person
Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
I believe that a business should be allowed to choose who it does business w/ be it a mega store refusing to sell guns to people who have the legal qualifications to buy them or a baker who doesn't want to bake a cake because they believe that they are participating in a sin.

Now, the doctor would be an employee of the hospital so it would be up to said hospital to make that choice not the doctor. Same as the diner.
No, they choose to no longer sell firearms to fucking ANYONE.

I mean seriously, are you too dull-witted to tell the difference between no longer stocking and selling a product PERIOD and choosing to not sell a product that you do routinely and normally stock to just certain specific people because you don't like their skin tone or religion or how they fuck?

SERIOULSY DUDE?

Reactions: 2 people
Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
OHH what a load of horse shit !!!

Let's imagine shall we ??

An attractive, well built, mid 20s young woman walking down the street, maybe talking on the phone. As she passes the entrance to an ally a thug jumps out, grabs her from behind and drags her into the ally.

As he's dragging her to the back of the ally, throwing her down on the ground and starts trying to rip her clothes off, she's of course kicking and screaming, but at the same time one hand has quickly slipped into her over sized purse and her small well manicured fingers are wrapping around the handle of a snubnose, hammerless .38. Our thugs first hint that HE might be in trouble are the slightly muffled pops as she put three rounds into him from inside the purse.

Now at this point in time, is there ANYONE that would think our young woman was in any way, form or fashion, over zealous or using excessive force to protect herself ?? Is there anyone that would think her in any way NOT justified in using her weapon ??

At the same time, is there anyone who thinks the thug is being OPPRESSED or in any form or fashion having his rights violated ?? Is he being martyred ??

In this country, the Christian right IS THE THUG !!!!!!!! They have for the majority of the last four centuries gotten away with goose stepping all over the rights of anyone and everyone who believes differently. Don't even pretend they haven't. Prayer in schools ?? laws against gays ?? can't buy alcohol on Sundays.

When I was a kid you couldn't buy food or gas or anything else on Sundays. I was a teenager before they started letting grocery stores and gas stations open up after 12 noon. These are just the most obvious ways in which "Christians" have stomped all over the rights of others. Let's not even talk about history !!! Inquisitions and such.

But now that people are starting to push back, the Christian right is whining and complaining and trying to wear that martyr mantle and talking about the "war on Christianity". There's no war. You're simply being told YOU CAN'T MAKE ME believe the way you do. You can't LEGISLATE morality. My experience is most so called Christians wouldn't recognize REAL morality if it slapped them in the face. But that's a different discussion.

Every time one of these kind of "war on Christian values" articles comes out, I just want to puke at the pure, unadulterated, unmitigated HYPOCRISY.

Sadly most of you will blow me off and say I'm wrong, because you can't see it. You don't WANT to see it. This is the world you grew up in. The world of "Christian privilege" where as long as it's in the name of Jesus it's OK !!!

BTW, as an aside, I didn't mention a race for either the female or the thug. WHAT race did you apply when you envisioned the scene in your head ?? If you change their races, does it alter your feelings about the outcome ?? No one has to answer, just some food for thought.

Reactions: 5 people
Feb 2018
ohio
What an unmitigated steaming pile of horseshit.

As opposed to the animosity caused by people who use their "religion" as a reason to marginalize, discriminate and otherwise harm law-abiding citizens?

I think these puke-puddles of fake Christian martyrdom should all get sucked back into the assholes they were born from.
How Christ like of you. As opposed to militant homosexuals who want to take away all rights of Christians to disagree with their perversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.