We need a ...wall...where the border patrol and National Security people say it is needed. It is

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Most small businesses regardless of owner's wealth or political affiliation are prone to hiring/employing illegals directly or indirectly. You call a plumber, roofer, electrician, how would one know? I've been using this same licensed electrician for years and got to know him well enough that one day he confessed to me that he was illegal. I've hired many gypsy window cleaners, (you know the ones going from door to door asking if you need your windows cleaned), what am I supposed to do, demand papers or just give the poor guy trying to make a humble living his $20 and a tip?
And until you, others like you and the largest contributors, large corporations are sanctioned harshly and quit hiring them, the illegals will continue to come.

Don't you see the irony of you being part of the cause of the problem you seem to fear so badly?

Sep 2017
Hell
And until you, others like you and the largest contributors, large corporations are sanctioned harshly and quit hiring them, the illegals will continue to come.

Don't you see the irony of you being part of the cause of the problem you seem to fear so badly?
Then you seem to miss my point. You blame rich Republicans, I told you my take on who really does the hiring. It is actually all of us in one way or another either directly or indirectly are involved in this issue of hiring.

Small businesses and private individuals are involved just as much if not even more than big corporations. Is the citizen suppose to ask for documentations and how are they trained to asked for what ID/paper/permit/license to ask for to do simple tasks such as trimming the hedges or power-washing your driveway?

There is no irony, I pointed how ludicrous it is that anyone we may do business with may be an illegal. If I asked some Hispanic guy to show me proof of his residential and work legality, I would be most likely be called racist/nationalist/RWNJ/etc.

Liberals got to make up their mind and not try to straddle every position that is anti-wall, even to the point of being contradicting oneself and hopefully no one would listen.

Liberals want sanctuary cities and then blame Conservative for hiring illegals.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Then you seem to miss my point. You blame rich Republicans, I told you my take on who really does the hiring. It is actually all of us in one way or another either directly or indirectly are involved in this issue of hiring.

Small businesses and private individuals are involved just as much if not even more than big corporations. Is the citizen suppose to ask for documentations and how are they trained to asked for what ID/paper/permit/license to ask for to do simple tasks such as trimming the hedges or power-washing your driveway?

There is no irony, I pointed how ludicrous it is that anyone we may do business with may be an illegal. If I asked some Hispanic guy to show me proof of his residential and work legality, I would be most likely be called racist/nationalist/RWNJ/etc.

Liberals got to make up their mind and not try to straddle every position that is anti-wall, even to the point of being contradicting oneself and hopefully no one would listen.

Liberals want sanction cities and then blame Conservative for hiring illegals.
You are using a very wide brush there.

Dec 2015
Arizona
You are using a very wide brush there.

Exactly. Love this comment: Liberals got to make up their mind and not try to straddle every position that is anti-wall, even to the point of being contradicting oneself and hopefully no one would listen.

The truth is that no matter how often and how loudly LIBERALS SHOUT, the RW isn't listening. In fact, they take pride in NOT LISTENING.
Liberals have firmly stated a thousand times or MORE that we support border security. We support technology, fencing, patrols, air/water/horseback security, drones, cameras.....blah blah....and the RW immediately translates that for us:
Liberals want open borders.
Are we speaking in tongues?? Is there some strange defective hearing process in play? Every major media has confirmed the liberal side of border security--WaPo, NYTimes, WSJ, USA Today, LA Times, Chicago Trib---CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS and even FOX--have confirmed this, but the Right continues to parrot the same line.

What does it take to get the point across? SO .... ONCE MORE.
Trump and the GOP had TWO YEARS to fund his wall. They didn't DO IT. WHY??
Democrats OFFERED $25 billion (in exchange for DACA)
to Trump--he said no.
On two other occasions DEMS offered money to Trump---he said no.
Dems have now agreed to strike a bipartisan deal with the GOP and I'm betting Trump won't sign the legislation.

GOP!! Put pressure on this president. He's your "baby". Spank him.

Feb 2014
Oregon
And yet the wall will cost multi-billions and achieve very little.
What, achieve very little? Our Statue of Liberty established how the world thinks of the US and we see ourselves. The Wall gives the US a completely different image. One of a strong police state where citizens can't even ride the Grey Hound bus or a tour boat without carrying ID, nor do much else without a Social Security number. Even babies new to this world must have a Social Security card if the family gets any kind of public assistance, and the No Child Left Behind Act assures recruiting officers get high school students names and addresses. We can now be tracked through our medical care, education, banking and computer use. The Wall is a good symbol of our reality and sends a very different image than our Statue of Liberty and protected freedoms and privacy. But the idiots of the US have accepted the federal government's invasion into our privacy as the "Privacy Act" that protects our privacy as well as the Wall will protect our nation. :lol:

The better we are at keeping people out, the better we will be at keeping people who once had freedom, from leaving. o_O Sorry Statue of Liberty, the US no longer stands for liberty and justice and those who defend liberty and justice, so you might as well sit down. The US is now a strong and efficient Military Industrial Complex, and wars were fought for nothing. The US can protect its economic interest, but not the Spirit of America that is dying.

"Paranoia will destroy ya". ;)

Feb 2014
Oregon
Oh for the days of old when we protected our villages or at least our castles with walls. Then came catapults that destroyed the wall. What kind of nuts is this Wall thing? We flip from open borders and free trade to a Wall.

How about using the Christian system of churches along the border to engage with strangers and be sure they are carrying the proper ID? Make sure this network of churches is at least a days walk in width so no one can get any further without being reported by mandatory reporters. Let the Christians fight it out how they should understand the words of Jesus and act on the word of God. :lol:

Nov 2018
Inner Space

Liberals want sanction cities and then blame Conservative for hiring illegals.
It has been my experience that wise homeowners hire domestic help that can pass a "police check". Of course, we could have a national ID card requirement... but almost everyone is opposed to that idea. Perhaps a tattoo on every citizen would be helpful. It is not illegal to work in this country as an undocumented immigrant (at least a talking head mentioned that recently, I haven't checked that claim) but it is illegal to hire them. So, actually the issue is with anyone who hires the cheapest labor (standing in front of Home Depot, for example) and not the individuals interested in work. Railing about "a wall" (which will not stop border crossings that overstay, the most common cause of the immigration problem) so that you can be prevented from hiring workers reminds me of the idea of a person asking to be protected from himself.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Exactly. Love this comment: Liberals got to make up their mind and not try to straddle every position that is anti-wall, even to the point of being contradicting oneself and hopefully no one would listen.

The truth is that no matter how often and how loudly LIBERALS SHOUT, the RW isn't listening. In fact, they take pride in NOT LISTENING.
Liberals have firmly stated a thousand times or MORE that we support border security. We support technology, fencing, patrols, air/water/horseback security, drones, cameras.....blah blah....and the RW immediately translates that for us:
Are we speaking in tongues?? Is there some strange defective hearing process in play? Every major media has confirmed the liberal side of border security--WaPo, NYTimes, WSJ, USA Today, LA Times, Chicago Trib---CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS and even FOX--have confirmed this, but the Right continues to parrot the same line.

What does it take to get the point across? SO .... ONCE MORE.
Trump and the GOP had TWO YEARS to fund his wall. They didn't DO IT. WHY??
Democrats OFFERED $25 billion (in exchange for DACA)
to Trump--he said no.
On two other occasions DEMS offered money to Trump---he said no.
Dems have now agreed to strike a bipartisan deal with the GOP and I'm betting Trump won't sign the legislation.

GOP!! Put pressure on this president. He's your "baby". Spank him.
But Clara, the "Liberals want open borders" is such a wonder fearmongering campaign slogan. It's even more catchy than "Build the wall, Crime will fall".

The fact they are both lies is irrelevant to the lie-tolerant Republicans.

Dec 2015
Arizona
But Clara, the "Liberals want open borders" is such a wonder fearmongering campaign slogan. It's even more catchy than "Build the wall, Crime will fall".

The fact they are both lies is irrelevant to the lie-tolerant Republicans.

Well, now THERE'S where you're wrong. "Liberals want open borders" DOESN'T even RHYME!!
What were you thinking?!!! :cool:

Jul 2018
Earth