Well, it has started. The dark ages of America are upon us.

Dec 2015
Arizona
We have a political system that for the first time has split the electorate along clear demographic lines, and depends on a political fluke to put the put the current regime in office.
This is not the formula for the extended hegemony of the right.
And whatever the right does, they have undone the traditions that would have allowed them to extend the influence beyond their temporary ascendancy.
Once the Democrats gain hegemony, the filibuster will disappear, the simple majority will pass a legislative agenda that could only have been dreamed of before.
If the Supreme Court proves to be an annoyance, a simple majority will be enough to add new seats and fill them with young Liberals.
The changing demographics make Republican hegemony much less likely going forward, especially as the traditions that support minority power have been stripped away by Republican abuses of those very traditions.
Exactly, Goober. I keep repeating this. Every move by the GOP has been in keeping with the MOMENT. The here. The now. With absolutely NO concern about years from now---the time when Trump is gone. The time when the Grand Old Party has to defend all the wrongs. All the hypocrisy. All the HUGE mistakes.
This: Their temporary ascendancy. Because that's what politics is---temporary. When all the wrongs have been righted---and they WILL eventually be righted--
HOW will the Trump supporters FIX themselves? Justify their blunders?

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
You mean like some of the absurd bills being passed in state legislatures to day?
The horrible racist s.o.b.'s will f*ck over the people of color anyway they can.
No question - a rich white woman can leave the state and get health care in a more civilized and intelligent state.
The only people these ignorant and backward laws will affect are the poor women of color who will be forced to either have unwanted children, risk jail and dangerous backalley abortions, or have their babies put up for adoption, knowing that non-white babies are the last to get adoptive parents.
Yessiree - those are some scores to tally up with PRIDE!!!! WHITE PRIDE!!!!

When in doubt cry racist!!!

I love leftist arguments.

Nov 2005
California
You are correct. The GOP has literally done NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Soon to be score card:
1. Protect the unborn
2. Secure border so that voters have the right to decide who gets in and who does not.
What really cracks me up about all this is you are phrasing this as a "soon to be score card"...
Right-wingers who are still drinking the Trump kool-aid are sooooo gullible...

If Trump were truly so interested in "securing borders", why didn't he push the legislation WHEN HE HAD A REPUBLICAN MAJORITY IN HOUSE AND SENATE???
I haven't seen a single right-winger try to answer that question. He only started truly showing interest in Congressional action after Repubs lost majority control...

What will it take to get you guys to finally recognize he doesn't truly care about such issues. HE PUSHES CONFLICT for the sake of creating conflict.

His position on abortion is likewise nonsensical... Evidently it depends upon what day you ask him as to what answer he'll give...
Donald Trump's Views on Abortion? Confusing

But you think Repubs are going to win those issues for you in the future???

With Trump winning the election in 2016, why are you looking to the future to get something you can claim the GOP has done???

Dec 2015
Arizona
What really cracks me up about all this is you are phrasing this as a "soon to be score card"...
Right-wingers who are still drinking the Trump kool-aid are sooooo gullible...

If Trump were truly so interested in "securing borders", why didn't he push the legislation WHEN HE HAD A REPUBLICAN MAJORITY IN HOUSE AND SENATE???
I haven't seen a single right-winger try to answer that question. He only started truly showing interest in Congressional action after Repubs lost majority control...

What will it take to get you guys to finally recognize he doesn't truly care about such issues. HE PUSHES CONFLICT for the sake of creating conflict.

His position on abortion is likewise nonsensical... Evidently it depends upon what day you ask him as to what answer he'll give...
Donald Trump's Views on Abortion? Confusing

But you think Repubs are going to win those issues for you in the future???

With Trump winning the election in 2016, why are you looking to the future to get something you can claim the GOP has done???
We've all been asking those same questions, Found.
June 2015: Trumps says he's going to build a great wall and nobody builds walls like he does.
Trump is inaugurated January 2017. Trump had a GOP House AND Senate. AND yet, the GOP congress never even came CLOSE to approving billions for Trump's wall. WHY?
As Republicans worked on two years of spending bills during the time that the GOP controlled the Congress under Trump, lawmakers twice approved $1.6 billion for border security – but only for fencing and other defenses – not for the wall which was a central part of the President’s campaign. WHY? In fact, Republicans ignored the wall in TWO *TWO* Omnibus plans.
WHY? There was NO WALL VOTE until after the November elections. WHY?

I don't know about you, but somehow this issue ALONE smacks of idiocy. Maybe inexperience, but most definitely stupidity.
These are NOT intelligent people and they are being led around by the nose by the least intelligent one with an ego as big as all outdoors.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
What I don't under stand is that after Trump proudly crowing "Mexico is going to pay for The Wall" - which never happened.
And now condescending to the cult members that "China is going to pay for The Tariffs" - which every SINGLE economist has tried to explain is NOT the way it's going to work.
And the knowledge that Trump's business history always ends with bankruptcy and court cases, not success stories (even after he's become President of the United States(!) his brand loses more and more money!).
HOW can any of these fat orange turd cult members have the effrontery to endorse and support him and lie for him with a straight face?!