Whale Fossils Discovered High Up In Andes Mountains

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
because we are culturally accustomed to respecting christian religion

it's time for this to end, treat it for what it is

if people want to believe that junk, fine, "don't ask, don't tell"

it's time to shove this crap in the closet where it belongs
Exactly. Religion in this country, and the Christian religion especially, has enjoyed a position of prestige that is undeserved. ANY religion should be subject to the same scrutiny that any claim is subject to. If the evidence bears it out then we can accept it. But if there is insufficient evidence then we should withhold belief until there is sufficient evidence.

BTW, “How else can you explain [insert favorite observation here]?” Is not evidence. If something lacks an explanation then the correct answer is “I don’t know, let’s see if we can find out.” To say, “It must be God.” or “That’s evidence for God.” is just a cop out.

But now that place of prestige is being dismantled and right wing Christians are crying about a “war on Christianity”. Before I have argued against that idea but I have come to the conclusion there IS a “war on Christianity.” That is NOT a bad thing. There is a “war on Christianity” just as there should be a war on ANYTHING that lacks evidence or is untrue. The Christians are not upset that the war exists, they’re upset that they’re losing.

Jul 2018
Earth
Actually, in my case about 25 years ago I was poised to accept the Bible as inerrant fact, except for the Flood. I did serious research, with help, at one point going through the library at the Colorado School of Mines. I did this for years.

Everything I turned up denied the veracity of The Flood story. I mean everything. Looking back, it's amazing that I sustained my study for as long as I did.

The Bible's story of a literal worldwide flood dismisses any claim of biblical inerrancy. It took me, a naturally stubborn person, a long time to be comfortable saying that, believing it.

After all, I sure don't want to spend eternity in conscious pain and suffering in Hell.
If it rained enough over 40 days and 40 nights to cover the highest mountain plus 20 feet it would rain 6 inches per minute. The noise would be deafening. It would displace all of the air. The sea would be be very rough and capsize any ship on it. And if the animals ate their normal amount of food for an entire year it would be impossible to carry enough food for all of the animals on the size of Noah's boat. A single adult elephant can eat between 200 to 600 pounds of food a day and drink about 50 gallons of water a day.

Now Hannibal did move elephants from Africa to Europe by boat but it didn't take him a year to do it.

Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
If it rained enough over 40 days and 40 nights to cover the highest mountain plus 20 feet it would rain 6 inches per minute. The noise would be deafening. It would displace all of the air. The sea would be be very rough and capsize any ship on it. And if the animals ate their normal amount of food for an entire year it would be impossible to carry enough food for all of the animals on the size of Noah's boat. A single adult elephant can eat between 200 to 600 pounds of food a day and drink about 50 gallons of water a day.

Now Hannibal did move elephants from Africa to Europe by boat but it didn't take him a year to do it.
I gotta hand it to the OP. He has many of you doing back flips.

The guy is a wack job, no reasoning or logic in the world will help him.

Maybe shock therapy, if we really turn up the dial. :lol:

Jun 2018
United States
Think about what you say. The whales were "beached" on mountain tops, and then buried in sediments?

Think man. That's nonsense. Why would sediments collect on the highest terrain?

Let me clear that up for ya. They wouldn't. Sediments would collect on the lowest terrain.

From the article you linked:

And, these fossils were not found on mountain tops, rather, they were found 130 feet above sea level.

Ploughboy, you've struck out here, totally.
For one, I have zero respect for theory and conjecture and you'll find plenty of that when reading fantasy columns by evolutionists who had these presuppositions which drive them to err.

Secondly, it might help if you knew the definition of sediment.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sediment

During the Flood and also while the Flood waters are receding there is plenty of sediment which is why we find marine fossils in all mountain peaks of the world, including the very peaks of Mt.Everest. Sediments collected at lower and higher terrains because the Flood was global.

Third, Your claim that these fossils were discovered 130 feet above sea level is self-refuting in two ways:

1 - 130 above sea level is still higher than sea level and longer in length than a Blue Whale which, in height, is still too high up.

2 - Evolutionists do not agree with you and the New York Times is an atheists Newspaper that keeps up on all the evolutionist fads and fashions.

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/03/12/us/whale-fossils-high-in-andes-show-how-mountains-rose-from-sea.html

This link says:
"Among the fossils the scientists reported bringing back were the bones of whales and other marine animals found at altitudes of more than 5,000 feet."
So this 5000 feet is an even higher elevation than the 130 feet you have stated (although 130 feet above sea level is still not ocean bottom). It is a conjecture to say that South America was not a land mass before the evolution of whales and evolutionists do not even claim whales pre-date the landmass of South America. No proof South America was not a landmass before the evolution of whales. And this according to evolution theory. So stick to your own timeline.

Here are some questions for ya Ploughboy.

How was the fossil record sorted in an order convenient for evolution? Ecological zonation, hydrodynamic sorting, and differential escape fail to explain:

• the extremely good sorting observed. Why didn't at least one dinosaur make it to the high ground with the elephants?

• This is probably the most important question you've asked me so far. Truth is, there are many misplaced fossils that shouldn't be if life evolved. With the Flood there is a general rule which follows the fossil record and with this general rule we would also expect to find some exceptions, whereas with evolution theory no such exceptions can be made.

During the 2004 tsunami that hit India and Indonesia, elephants grabbed people with their trunks and headed to high ground before the tsunami hit. This leads me to my next point.
    During the Flood, the smartest and faster moving creatures headed to higher ground, while the lesser intelligent and slower moving creatures were quickly buried in the sediments as the Flood continued to elevate to higher ground. This is the general order we find fossils.

[*]the relative positions of plants and other non-motile life. (Yun, 1989, describes beautifully preserved algae from Late Precambrian sediments. Why don't any modern-looking plants appear that low in the geological column?)
    There are modern plants found as well but evolutionists don't want to talk about this much. This column mentions birds and plants out of their assigned positions in the strata.

https://creation.com/modern-birds-with-dinosaurs

Feathered birds? May I ask how feathered birds survived the K-T event? I mean, this topic gets even worse for evolutionists when we discuss the absurd asteroid death theory. Yeah, we are led to believe how a firestorm more powerful than all the nuclear weapons going off at the same time will somehow leave behind a fossil record in sedimentary rock :roll:

[*]why some groups of organisms, such as mollusks, are found in many geologic strata.
    That's because the evolutionist view of geology isn't true. They are misplaced everywhere and not all in their assigned seats.

[*]why organisms (such as brachiopods) which are very similar hydrodynamically (all nearly the same size, shape, and weight) are still perfectly sorted.
    We are finding ancient and modern marine life everywhere, including the peak of Mt.Everest where no marine fossils should ever be found!

[*]why extinct animals which lived in the same niches as present animals didn't survive as well. Why did no pterodons make it to high ground?
    Who said pteranodons didn't survive the Flood? There are many legends of them going back to Sumer and still continuing today. Many years ago I saw one in Canada and was very freaked out by it to say the least. Some years later I learn there are reports of pteranodon sightings in Canada and elsewhere. Yeah, its a mystery and wish I could have solved it. What I saw was no eagle as its wing span was that of a single engine plane and it looked exactly identical to the pictures of pteranodons online as linked below.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1067&bih=529&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=_IpKW9HLB6W7tgXp6YLICw&q=pteranodons&oq=pteranodons&gs_l=img.3..0l3j0i5i30k1l3j0i24k1j0i10i24k1.116498.121225.0.122165.13.7.0.0.0.0.136.331.1j2.3.0....0...1c.1j2.64.img..11.2.229.0..0i67k1.0._A9kvUXjfTk#imgrc=DjsOCcAq03YSbM:

That is what I saw in Canada. Same features and all. It was flying at tree top level and flow over the tree line where I was removing fishing gear from the boat. This happened long before online sources started pumping out modern sightings which is why I believe that what I saw was indeed a real pteranodon. It was not an albatross or a pelican! For one, those birds are not as big. Secondly, neither of them have the features of what I saw.

Simply stated, if a mammal or bird was not taken aboard the ark, it did not survive. Some land dwelling life did survive, such as crocodiles which would have survived on floating debris. Anything that could survive by hanging close to floating debris and still feed would survive. But even a great number of marine creatures died in the Flood.

[*]how coral reefs hundreds of feet thick and miles long were preserved intact with other fossils below them.
    How does that defend evolution? I fail to see your point here.

[*]why small organisms dominate the lower strata, whereas fluid mechanics says they would sink slower and thus end up in upper strata.
    Small organisms would be expected to be found in huge numbers on lower strata. But some are also found in the highest elevations of the world. This out of place fossil issue does not defend evolution at all. It destroys it!

[*]why artifacts such as footprints and burrows are also sorted. [Crimes & Droser, 1992]
    You mean like man and dinosaur footprints discovered which evolutionists were successful in covering up? Destroying scientific discoveries made by your opponents seems to be the game that was played in Glen Rose Texas. Now that the best evidence is destroyed by a team of evolutionists, the proof that man and dinosaur is gone. But my sources in Texas said for many years to come down to Glen Rose Texas and see for yourself how long the tracks went. That many footprints of man and dino could not have been forged by some bums in the Great Depression as evolutionists try to claim. So its very clear evolutionists will never admit defeat no matter what is discovered. Its all politics to them.

[*]why no human artifacts are found except in the very uppermost strata. If, at the time of the Flood, the earth was overpopulated by people with technology for shipbuilding, why were none of their tools or buildings mixed with trilobite or dinosaur fossils?
    [*]why different parts of the same organisms are sorted together. Pollen and spores are found in association with the trunks, leaves, branches, and roots produced by the same plants [Stewart, 1983].
    [*]why ecological information is consistent within but not between layers. Fossil pollen is one of the more important indicators of different levels of strata. Each plant has different and distinct pollen, and, by telling which plants produced the fossil pollen, it is easy to see what the climate was like in different strata. Was the pollen hydraulically sorted by the flood water so that the climatic evidence is different for each layer?
Its all found in sedimentary rock!! You do not even get the formation of sedimentary rock by a global firestorm! Seriously! Firestorms do not create sedimentary rock! Almost all the fossils are found in sedimentary rock which is formed exclusively by water!!

How do surface features appear far from the surface? Deep in the geologic column there are formations which could have originated only on the surface, such as:

• Rain drops. [Robb, 1992]
  • River channels. [Miall, 1996, especially chpt. 6]
  • Wind-blown dunes. [Kocurek & Dott, 1981; Clemmenson & Abrahamsen, 1983; Hubert & Mertz, 1984]
  • Beaches.
  • Glacial deposits. [Eyles & Miall, 1984]
  • Burrows. [Crimes & Droser, 1992; Thackray, 1994]
  • In-place trees. [Cristie & McMillan, 1991]
  • Soil. [Reinhardt & Sigleo, 1989; Wright, 1986, 1994]
  • Desiccation cracks. [Andrews, 1988; Robb, 1992]
  • Footprints. [Gore, 1993, has a photograph (p. 16-17) showing dinosaur footprints in one layer with water ripples in layers above and below it. Gilette & Lockley, 1989, have several more examples, including dinosaur footprints on top of a coal seam (p. 361-366).]
  • Meteorites and meteor craters. [Grieve, 1997; Schmitz et al, 1997]
  • Coral reefs. [Wilson, 1975]
  • Cave systems. [James & Choquette, 1988]

Problems with a Global Flood, 2nd edition

How could these have appeared in the midst of a catastrophic flood?
Sedimentary rock and erosion explain all this. A firestorm caused by a large asteroid would not have caused a mass fossil record discovered in sedimentary. That is a fact and basic science for all that.

Jul 2018
After all, I sure don't want to spend eternity in conscious pain and suffering in Hell.
Well then I guess you will be embracing TRump as he paints from the same palette.

create an enemy and offer protection, as simple as coloring by the numbers

Jul 2018
For one, I have zero respect for theory and conjecture and you'll find plenty of that when reading fantasy columns by evolutionists who had these presuppositions which drive them to err.

Secondly, it might help if you knew the definition of sediment.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sediment

During the Flood and also while the Flood waters are receding there is plenty of sediment which is why we find marine fossils in all mountain peaks of the world, including the very peaks of Mt.Everest. Sediments collected at lower and higher terrains because the Flood was global.

Third, Your claim that these fossils were discovered 130 feet above sea level is self-refuting in two ways:

1 - 130 above sea level is still higher than sea level and longer in length than a Blue Whale which, in height, is still too high up.

2 - Evolutionists do not agree with you and the New York Times is an atheists Newspaper that keeps up on all the evolutionist fads and fashions.

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/03/12/us/whale-fossils-high-in-andes-show-how-mountains-rose-from-sea.html

This link says:

So this 5000 feet is an even higher elevation than the 130 feet you have stated (although 130 feet above sea level is still not ocean bottom). It is a conjecture to say that South America was not a land mass before the evolution of whales and evolutionists do not even claim whales pre-date the landmass of South America. No proof South America was not a landmass before the evolution of whales. And this according to evolution theory. So stick to your own timeline.

This is probably the most important question you've asked me so far. Truth is, there are many misplaced fossils that shouldn't be if life evolved. With the Flood there is a general rule which follows the fossil record and with this general rule we would also expect to find some exceptions, whereas with evolution theory no such exceptions can be made.

During the 2004 tsunami that hit India and Indonesia, elephants grabbed people with their trunks and headed to high ground before the tsunami hit. This leads me to my next point.
During the Flood, the smartest and faster moving creatures headed to higher ground, while the lesser intelligent and slower moving creatures were quickly buried in the sediments as the Flood continued to elevate to higher ground. This is the general order we find fossils.

There are modern plants found as well but evolutionists don't want to talk about this much. This column mentions birds and plants out of their assigned positions in the strata.

https://creation.com/modern-birds-with-dinosaurs

Feathered birds? May I ask how feathered birds survived the K-T event? I mean, this topic gets even worse for evolutionists when we discuss the absurd asteroid death theory. Yeah, we are led to believe how a firestorm more powerful than all the nuclear weapons going off at the same time will somehow leave behind a fossil record in sedimentary rock :roll:

That's because the evolutionist view of geology isn't true. They are misplaced everywhere and not all in their assigned seats.

We are finding ancient and modern marine life everywhere, including the peak of Mt.Everest where no marine fossils should ever be found!

Who said pteranodons didn't survive the Flood? There are many legends of them going back to Sumer and still continuing today. Many years ago I saw one in Canada and was very freaked out by it to say the least. Some years later I learn there are reports of pteranodon sightings in Canada and elsewhere. Yeah, its a mystery and wish I could have solved it. What I saw was no eagle as its wing span was that of a single engine plane and it looked exactly identical to the pictures of pteranodons online as linked below.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1067&bih=529&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=_IpKW9HLB6W7tgXp6YLICw&q=pteranodons&oq=pteranodons&gs_l=img.3..0l3j0i5i30k1l3j0i24k1j0i10i24k1.116498.121225.0.122165.13.7.0.0.0.0.136.331.1j2.3.0....0...1c.1j2.64.img..11.2.229.0..0i67k1.0._A9kvUXjfTk#imgrc=DjsOCcAq03YSbM:

That is what I saw in Canada. Same features and all. It was flying at tree top level and flow over the tree line where I was removing fishing gear from the boat. This happened long before online sources started pumping out modern sightings which is why I believe that what I saw was indeed a real pteranodon. It was not an albatross or a pelican! For one, those birds are not as big. Secondly, neither of them have the features of what I saw.

Simply stated, if a mammal or bird was not taken aboard the ark, it did not survive. Some land dwelling life did survive, such as crocodiles which would have survived on floating debris. Anything that could survive by hanging close to floating debris and still feed would survive. But even a great number of marine creatures died in the Flood.

How does that defend evolution? I fail to see your point here.

Small organisms would be expected to be found in huge numbers on lower strata. But some are also found in the highest elevations of the world. This out of place fossil issue does not defend evolution at all. It destroys it!

You mean like man and dinosaur footprints discovered which evolutionists were successful in covering up? Destroying scientific discoveries made by your opponents seems to be the game that was played in Glen Rose Texas. Now that the best evidence is destroyed by a team of evolutionists, the proof that man and dinosaur is gone. But my sources in Texas said for many years to come down to Glen Rose Texas and see for yourself how long the tracks went. That many footprints of man and dino could not have been forged by some bums in the Great Depression as evolutionists try to claim. So its very clear evolutionists will never admit defeat no matter what is discovered. Its all politics to them.

Its all found in sedimentary rock!! You do not even get the formation of sedimentary rock by a global firestorm! Seriously! Firestorms do not create sedimentary rock! Almost all the fossils are found in sedimentary rock which is formed exclusively by water!!

Sedimentary rock and erosion explain all this. A firestorm caused by a large asteroid would not have caused a mass fossil record discovered in sedimentary. That is a fact and basic science for all that.
I have been from here to Jupiter. Stood in front of the unearth monolith.
I can tell you without reservation, those bones were placed there by drunkin' aliens.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I gotta hand it to the OP. He has many of you doing back flips.

The guy is a wack job, no reasoning or logic in the world will help him.

Maybe shock therapy, if we really turn up the dial. :lol:

Alas............

Game over for me Ploughboy. Jesus loves us all.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
You look really stupid when you post a link that proves Nwolfes point, and then follow it with total shit that you just made up.

Do you read your links?
No I proves him a liar.

You see Whales were not created by God, until 15,000,000 years AFTER

The Andes were created by God ~65,000,000 years ago

Whales were created by God 50,000,000 years ago.

And the Andes have been declining in Altitude for 30,000,000 years. (they are receading into the ocean. not increasing altitude) (this is called tectonic movement

yes AFTER the Andes were Created by God.

oops. 1 mile above Sea level is land that was FROM A WHALE FREE PERIOD.

Another liberal caught in his self created Catch 22.

I love proving liberals 1. Stupid or Liars in the case of you 2 both.

Last edited:

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
No I proves him a liar.

You see Whales were not created by God, until 15,000,000 years AFTER

The Andes were created by God ~65,000,000 years ago

Whales were created by God 50,000,000 years ago.

And the Andes have been declining in Altitude for 30,000,000 years. (they are receading into the ocean. not increasing altitude) (this is called tectonic movement

yes AFTER the Andes were Created by God.

oops. 1 mile above Sea level is land that was FROM A WHALE FREE PERIOD.

Another liberal caught in his self created Catch 22.

I love proving liberals 1. Stupid or Liars in the case of you 2 both.
So you are admitting that the bible isn't literally true and the universe isn't ~6000 years old?