What are thoughts of Universal Basic Income

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
they tried it in finland for a time.. no more the results were mixed many quit their job and started their own business, more quit their job and became alcoholics

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
i'm more in favor of a negative income tax, if you are working poor instead of being taxed you get your money back and then some, it encourages people to work and better thesmelves universal income might be okay for the disabled or elderly.. for the able bodied.. why? why should a person be idle if they can work? i'd be for a flexicurity approach pay people to get marktable skills so they can re enter the job market with a marketable skill and make a good wage, the idea is once automation takes hold there will be no jobs to have, if there are jobs and people are able to work? they should

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
I could get behind it if it was based like this.

Basically replaces all other entitlement programs. At 21 everyone gets $13k/yr and they must devote $3k to healthcare. No exceptions.
okay for the disabled what about the elderly

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
i did it is very compelling and might reduce your tax burden!! my only concern is the elderly and how affrodalbe private insurance is.. if we do like the dutch did i say go for it get rid of mdeicare they did back home and it worked fine its all private and everyone is covered Netherlands : International Health Care System Profiles
If everything one was given $3k for insurance that is about how much it would cost. Kinda funny how that works. It definitely would not be any less.

Jul 2018
Earth
The main thing is that the 1%'ers want to kill off 80% of humanity, which they consider to be worthless. The world is undergoing a major change and people are becoming surplus. Anderoids, robots, and AI are the wave of the future and will replace billions of people who do all kinds of jobs. So what will the people do without work? Eat, crap, and screw.

If universal income is such a good idea then the Venezuelan government should have done it. The people would have had "money" but it wouldn't have bought them anything because the "money" ould have been worthless. Such ideas may have some merit on a small scale but they simply won't work on a national scale. Can you imagine such a program for hundreds of millions of people in countries such as China and India? If the US tried it everyone in the Western Hemisphere would flood in here in a minute. It is simply impractical from an economic pov.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
If everything one was given $3k for insurance that is about how much it would cost. Kinda funny how that works. It definitely would not be any less.
would there be regualtions to protect perexisting conditions and risk equalization funds? https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/pdf/10.1377/hlthaff.27.3.771 this sounds good i think it might reduce poverty and reduce your taxes, if they can reduce the bureacracy and cover everyone? hell at least its worth looking into

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
The main thing is that the 1%'ers want to kill off 80% of humanity, which they consider to be worthless. The world is undergoing a major change and people are becoming surplus. Anderoids, robots, and AI are the wave of the future and will replace billions of people who do all kinds of jobs. So what will the people do without work? Eat, crap, and screw.

If universal income is such a good idea then the Venezuelan government should have done it. The people would have had "money" but it wouldn't have bought them anything because the "money" ould have been worthless. Such ideas may have some merit on a small scale but they simply won't work on a national scale. Can you imagine such a program for hundreds of millions of people in countries such as China and India? If the US tried it everyone in the Western Hemisphere would flood in here in a minute. It is simply impractical from an economic pov.
those are industrial nations in post industrial societies automation will occur first an such program s wil become essential

Jul 2018
Earth
those are industrial nations in post industrial societies automation will occur first an such program s wil become essential
People will certainly need some type of income program when that becomes the norm but only if they are not killed off. You and I are probably not essential in the new world.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
People will certainly need some type of income program when that becomes the norm but only if they are not killed off. You and I are probably not essential in the new world.
well then we have to make sure that those that would kill us are convinced that if they try.. they are toast.. i dont plan on going quietly i doubt you plan to either do not go gentle into that good night rage rage against the dying of the light