What Attracts Some Women to Conservatism?

Nov 2012
Rhondda
I often use the term 'brainwashing' to cover the phenomenon which drives, for instance, the majority of my countrymen, who never gained in any serious way from English government and did get certain obvious advantages from the EU, to vote for the Brexit lunacy, but I suppose that's too easy. What I mean is that whole populations get used to certain things as being 'the way it is', and adjust within those fixed limits. It takes very violent action (that of the suffragettes, the soldiers of the Easter Rising, the heroes of the Warsaw Ghetto) to shift mental states that have centuries behind them. Take the 'race' piffle: it won't bear serious examination, but obviously those who have descended from slaves or masters will be very seriously damaged as people, and will have learned all sorts of behaviours that fit the stereotypes. It is going to take a long time to get rid of all the tedious shit around gender, and the sooner we stop playing and get on with it, the better.

Nov 2017
Pose it as often as you wish.
Ok.

It is irrelevant to this discussion
Wrong. It's relevant to this thread and it's relevant to this forum. This thread is about what attracts some women to conservatism & I'm asking you if you'll speak with conservative women to find out directly from them; it's probably the best and only way to find out.

and only demonstrates your inability to formulate a contribution pertinent to the conversation.
Wrong again. What I have formulated is the most pertinent contribution to the conversation, because it provides a suggestion on what's probably the best and only way to find out what you ostensibly want to find out about, and it's exposing what appears to be your real agenda, which is to create a false belief about conservative women at the expense of women in general.

Yes or no - are you going to directly inquire with conservative women about what attracts them to conservatism?

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Ok.

Wrong. It's relevant to this thread and it's relevant to this forum. This thread is about what attracts some women to conservatism & I'm asking you if you'll speak with conservative women to find out directly from them; it's probably the best and only way to find out.

Wrong again. What I have formulated is the most pertinent contribution to the conversation, because it provides a suggestion on what's probably the best and only way to find out what you ostensibly want to find out about, and it's exposing what appears to be your real agenda, which is to create a false belief about conservative women at the expense of women in general.

Yes or no - are you going to directly inquire with conservative women about what attracts them to conservatism?
You question is irrelevant. What I choose or have chosen to do is immaterial. This is a forum for discussion. The question is posed to the community who choose to participate.

Of course, it is entirely possible you believe that no one on DTT capable of discussing the question and you are unable to make any meaningful contribution. Perhaps you wish to waste bandwidth on a meaningless diversion. Perhaps you think the question is unanswerable. Clearly you have nothing of value to contribute on your own, but I suspect others do.

Reactions: leekohler2
Nov 2017
You question is irrelevant.
I already proved that my question is relevant and essential to your inquiry.

What I choose or have chosen to do is immaterial.
Wrong; you chose to create this thread so you own it, and you own the fact that you're unwilling or unable to answer a question.

This is a forum for discussion.
Very good! Now discuss inquiring directly with conservative women about what attracts some women to conservatism on a thread about what attracts some women to conservatism on a forum about defending the truth.

The question is posed to the community who choose to participate.
You chose to participate by starting this thread; you choose to continue to participate by posting comments and replies.

Of course, it is entirely possible you believe that no one on DTT capable of discussing the question
It doesn't matter what I believe; this thread isn't about what I believe.

and you are unable to make any meaningful contribution.
I have already shown and stated that I have made probably the most meaningful contribution to this thread.

Perhaps you wish to waste bandwidth on a meaningless diversion.
I don't consider exposing the truth to be a waste of bandwidth on a forum called Defending The Truth.

Perhaps you think the question is unanswerable.
I think the questions is answerable, and the best way to answer a question about what attracts some women to conservatism is to inquire directly with conservative women. Given that you won't even answer my question, perhaps you don't even consider women to be sentient.

Clearly you have nothing of value to contribute on your own,
You're somewhat right; I'm neither a conservative nor a woman. The ones who have something of value, the only thing that is of more value than anything else, is a direct inquiry with conservative women about what attracts some women to conservatism.

but I suspect others do.
I do to, and those others are conservative women.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
I already proved that my question is relevant and essential to your inquiry.

Wrong; you chose to create this thread so you own it, and you own the fact that you're unwilling or unable to answer a question.

Very good! Now discuss inquiring directly with conservative women about what attracts some women to conservatism on a thread about what attracts some women to conservatism on a forum about defending the truth.

You chose to participate by starting this thread; you choose to continue to participate by posting comments and replies.

It doesn't matter what I believe; this thread isn't about what I believe.

I have already shown and stated that I have made probably the most meaningful contribution to this thread.

I don't consider exposing the truth to be a waste of bandwidth on a forum called Defending The Truth.

I think the questions is answerable, and the best way to answer a question about what attracts some women to conservatism is to inquire directly with conservative women. Given that you won't even answer my question, perhaps you don't even consider women to be sentient.

You're somewhat right; I'm neither a conservative nor a woman. The ones who have something of value, the only thing that is of more value than anything else, is a direct inquiry with conservative women about what attracts some women to conservatism.

I do to, and those others are conservative women.

What are we going to do with you, Neil?
There is no obligation for me to answer your irrelevant questions (or any questions) especially when they are only an attempt to avoid the topic.
I am uninterested in indulging your personal inquiries or allowing this discussion to be distorted anymore by your silliness.
Try to be an adult, at least briefly, and make a contribution to the topic.
Try to answer the subject question as one would in any conversation. I will assume that you have no capacity for discussion if you continue to pursue inapplicable and tangential discussion.

May 2019
USA
I don't think you really understand anything about discrimination, sexism or prejudice. However, if you really think it is "sexist" to discuss anomalous behaviors, then make your case. Of course, that would require some mature thinking and discussing, which do not seem to be your skill set.
What you view as sexism, others may not, particularly women. I have known women who were absolutely anti-democrat because they felt that the democrats looked down on them and even mocked them for actually wanting to be wives and mothers. I knew an otherwise progressive woman who shocked me when she took the position that women shouldn't be in the clergy. She was religious and that is what the Bible told her. She had some rather peculiar positions about gender and jobs though.

Nov 2017
What are we going to do with you, Neil?
There is no obligation for me to answer your irrelevant questions (or any questions) especially when they are only an attempt to avoid the topic.
I am uninterested in indulging your personal inquiries or allowing this discussion to be distorted anymore by your silliness.
Try to be an adult, at least briefly, and make a contribution to the topic.
Try to answer the subject question as one would in any conversation. I will assume that you have no capacity for discussion if you continue to pursue inapplicable and tangential discussion.