What could Trump do to finally make his supporters turn on him?

Nov 2005
California
And? So is October and December.
You deflect because you cannot say anything factual against the booming economy and jobs market, among other positives. The left, ruining everything it touches since the French Revolution.
Who are you kidding?
There was an entire thread talking about that.
America's Real Economy: It Isn't Booming

You jumped into the thread, but didn't say anything about the points raised in the article...
The Nation recently published a stunning overview of the working poor and underpaid. One of the most powerful data points in the piece described how empty the decline in unemployment actually is: having a job doesn’t exempt anyone from poverty anymore. About 12% of Americans (43 million) are considered poor, and yet they are employed. They earn an individual income below $12,140 per year, and slightly more than that for a family of two. If you include housing and medical expenses in the calculation, it raises the percentage of Americans living in poverty to 14%. That’s 45 million people.​
At that level of income, there’s almost no way to pay for food and shelter in any sizeable American city. That means people now can both be employed and homeless. Rajon Menon writes, for The Nation:​
In America’s big cities, chiefly because of a widening gap between rent and wages, thousands of working poor remain homeless, sleeping in shelters, on the streets, or in their vehicles, sometimes along with their families.​

Fewer and fewer people have savings to weather time between jobs or an emergency expense. A third of the U.S. population has no savings and another third has saved less than $1,000. Two-thirds of American households, by this measure, are desperately scrambling to make ends meet from check to check. Nearly half the American population earns too little to live on comfortably:​
One-third of all workers earn less than $12 an hour and 42% earn less than $15. That’s $24,960 and $31,200 a year. Imagine raising a family on such incomes, figuring in the cost of food, rent, childcare, car payments (since a car is often a necessity simply to get to a job in a country with inadequate public transportation), and medical costs.​

May 2018
Chicago
And? So is October and December.

You deflect because you cannot say anything factual against the booming economy and jobs market, among other positives. The left, ruining everything it touches since the French Revolution.
See post #27.

And I'm not the one deflecting. You're off topic. You've got a few more chances to make any posts of substance before you're on ignore.

Apr 2016
Florida
In response to webguys insightful post about Colin Kapernick [sarcasm mode: OFF] I have asked a similar question about Trump supporters and I feel the answer is the same.

Nothing

Trump bragged during the campaign that he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Ave and not lose any voters. We are seeing that claim being proven true right now. If Obama had had even HALF the scandals that have come out of the Trump admin Trump supporters would have been calling for Obama’s head. Instead we get the repeated cries of “Fake News” and “What about ________________?”.

Trump supporters no longer hold their man to any standards nor demand any kind of accountability. After 8 years of Obama they don’t want a functioning government or the fiscal responsibility they screamed about. They want payback. No amount of malfeasance, no amount of lies and broken promises, no amount of incompetence will keep them from their goal.

We see it here on DTT all the time. The “conservatives” here have openly stated that when Trump “pisses off the liberals” that is the end all and be all of a “good” policy. Is it good for them? Is it good for the country? Does it make the US look stupid? It doesn’t matter. Does it piss off the liberals is the only standard they have.

So what could Trump do to make his supporters turn on him? There actually is something.

He could start working with the Democrats to solve some of our problems.
Absolutely nothing. While the number of his supporters is dwindling on a daily basis, there will still be a core group of 20% of Americans who, like Trump, just simply lack the intelligence to think for themselves.

Oct 2010
Colorado
Ok, doesn’t include working for the government
You righties seem to think those who are rich have been anointed by God or something, like the Pharisees of old.

A person with money may have sacrificed, worked exceptionally hard, but not necessarily. They could have inherited money. They could have "legally" swindled people by selling them snake oil. They could have used legal means, like bankruptcy, to protect their fortunes as they snatched money away from people who didn't do anything wrong other than the misfortune of working for them.

Having big money doesn't necessarily involve industriousness or sacrifice. Having big money isn't a predictor of good character.

However, for those who regardless of how much money they possess do have the love of money, everything I've noted above is a little foggy if not invisible.

Nov 2005
California
What other positives?
My, it's amazing to see the religious submitting themselves to the love of money.
That's one thing that boggles my mind about the religious right. They'll back going after discriminating against gays, but then explicitly ignore Jesus's and the Bible's lessons on the rich.

1 Timothy 6:10 to be: For the love of money is the root of all evil
Mark 10:21 Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. “There is still one thing you haven’t done,” he told him. “Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
22 At this the man’s face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.
23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God!” 24 This amazed them. But Jesus said again, “Dear children, it is very hard[b] to enter the Kingdom of God. 25 In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!”

And even the right-wing crap about taxation being theft...
Matthew 22:
17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?
18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?
19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.