What does God lack?

Nov 2012
Michigan
Suppose we allow that God has the usually understood characteristics: omniscient, omnipresent, all powerful. So why anything else? What does God lack?
What God does not have is limitations. So God made a world with people with limitations. What are the consequences of limitations? Suffering. We desires for what we cannot have. We guilt for what we do wrong. We know loss and death. We know and commit betrayal. We see innocents suffer and we know heartache. Life is a cruel game and sometimes we just want to scatter the pieces and say to hell with it. What other choice is there?

Feb 2006
California
Suppose we allow that God has the usually understood characteristics: omniscient, omnipresent, all powerful. So why anything else? What does God lack?
What God does not have is limitations. So God made a world with people with limitations. What are the consequences of limitations? Suffering. We desires for what we cannot have. We guilt for what we do wrong. We know loss and death. We know and commit betrayal. We see innocents suffer and we know heartache. Life is a cruel game and sometimes we just want to scatter the pieces and say to hell with it. What other choice is there?
God lacks money!

Reactions: GluteusMaximus
Nov 2012
Michigan
All sense of decency, fairness, compassion or justice. He definitely lacks those, if you choose to believe in the sky daddy your bible tells you about.
Can there be decency without indecency? Can there be compassion if there is no indifference? Can there be Justice if nothing needs to be corrected?

Rhetorical questions, obviously the answer is no.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Can there be decency without indecency? Can there be compassion if there is no indifference? Can there be Justice if nothing needs to be corrected?

Rhetorical questions, obviously the answer is no.
Fine, but how does that impact on the fact that what you believe is your god is a sadistic, cruel and irrational bastard?

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Since God is imaginary he lacks nothing in the imagination, he just lacks the ability to actually do anything in the real world.

Nov 2012
Michigan
Fine, but how does that impact on the fact that what you believe is your god is a sadistic, cruel and irrational bastard?
Was your dad a cruel bastard when he taught you to ride a bike knowing you would fall?

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Was your dad a cruel bastard when he taught you to ride a bike knowing you would fall?
No, because till I got the hang of it he ran behind me to catch me when I did.

For all your posts, I still say that Job totally proves my point.

Reactions: intangible child