What does God lack?

May 2019
USA
The trinity being one god is as good an example of doublethink as I can come up with outside plagiarizing Orwell.
Seems more like textbook schizophrenia with multiple personalities spanning time & space equaling that Islam dhimmitude servitude interpretation of the Koran.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
You have company with that thought. I know it's a common view. But what about my (very brief) explanation? I said "They are different views of the one that become available to us as we grow in our spirituality". No questions? No elaboration requested? No analysis to refute it?

I've been waiting, thinking you might come back and comment further, but since you haven't, I'm inquiring.
Saying there are different views on it is an obvious fact, no further discussion needed. As to having one's spirituality grow, that is much too much of a concept that is going to be unique to each participant to allow me to even attempt to guess how that impacted you.

Of the people I know who say they aren't religious but are spiritual, there is no common denominator as far as I can see.

Feb 2018
Oregon
Saying there are different views on it is an obvious fact, no further discussion needed. As to having one's spirituality grow, that is much too much of a concept that is going to be unique to each participant to allow me to even attempt to guess how that impacted you.

Of the people I know who say they aren't religious but are spiritual, there is no common denominator as far as I can see.
The point is that this is a discussion forum, not a criticize-and-run forum. I was surprised that you posted yet had no discussion to offer. As far as there being many different views and different ideas on spirituality and guessing about me, it's all irrelevant to the possibility of one person having a view or a question to discuss. No one is expected to discuss some other unnamed person's hypothetical perspective. If you have no interest in discussing the subject, that's fine.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
The point is that this is a discussion forum, not a criticize-and-run forum. I was surprised that you posted yet had no discussion to offer. As far as there being many different views and different ideas on spirituality and guessing about me, it's all irrelevant to the possibility of one person having a view or a question to discuss. No one is expected to discuss some other unnamed person's hypothetical perspective. If you have no interest in discussing the subject, that's fine.
I expressed what was obviously my opinion. I don't see how that or your response, another opinion requires discussion.

Feb 2018
Oregon
I expressed what was obviously my opinion. I don't see how that or your response, another opinion requires discussion.
Let me ask you a question. In your personal opinion, is the bible a literal historical document, a compilation of somewhat symbolic writings, or a compilation of highly symbolic writings?

If you're not interested in this question, that's fine. I won't be insulted by your refusal to reply.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Let me ask you a question. In your personal opinion, is the bible a literal historical document, a compilation of somewhat symbolic writings, or a compilation of highly symbolic writings?

If you're not interested in this question, that's fine. I won't be insulted by your refusal to reply.
I think it's a hodge-podge of fiction and ancient myth. The new testament has it's moments. The teachings attributed to Jesus are a good guideline for life. But the OT is pretty well all bull. And the weirdo stuff later that gets into the rapture and related is science fiction/fantasy of the highest order.

Feb 2018
Oregon
I think it's a hodge-podge of fiction and ancient myth. The new testament has it's moments. The teachings attributed to Jesus are a good guideline for life. But the OT is pretty well all bull. And the weirdo stuff later that gets into the rapture and related is science fiction/fantasy of the highest order.
Good. Are you aware that the ancient mystics of ALL RELIGIONS including Buddhism and Hinduism all understand the New Testament and the whole bible to be telling the same stories about Consciousness? ... they are in agreement on things like the meaning of verses like "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it" and "And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, . . . I will give him the morning star" and "Sever yourselves from such a man, whose breath is in his nostrils". They also know who the serpent in the Garden of Eden is. You and I also know that serpent.

But they agree on the meanings! How can that be? I meditated with many of these people for ten years and read many, many others, and that is how I know they agree. How can that be? How could they come from different religions and yet agree on the meaning of the bible? And they can all explain "the rapture" with the same agreement. How can that be?

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
Good. Are you aware that the ancient mystics of ALL RELIGIONS including Buddhism and Hinduism all understand the New Testament and the whole bible to be telling the same stories about Consciousness? ... they are in agreement on things like the meaning of verses like "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it" and "And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, . . . I will give him the morning star" and "Sever yourselves from such a man, whose breath is in his nostrils". They also know who the serpent in the Garden of Eden is. You and I also know that serpent.

But they agree on the meanings! How can that be? I meditated with many of these people for ten years and read many, many others, and that is how I know they agree. How can that be? How could they come from different religions and yet agree on the meaning of the bible? And they can all explain "the rapture" with the same agreement. How can that be?
Hindsight?