What does God lack?

Nov 2012
Michigan
Or use Occam's razor and just admit that there is no god.
You’re just scattering the pieces off the game board because your logic is failing. Your argument started with life isn’t fair therefore there is no God. I’ve shown you that life without unfairness is no life.

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
God lacks the ability to prove itself of the will to do so. God lacks compassion if it is omnipotent as described. God lacks the intellect required to understand and accept what these things do for its reputati

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Read the first sentence of the opening post And try to respond on topic
This?

Suppose we allow that God has the usually understood characteristics: omniscient, omnipresent, all powerful.

You're speaking of Allah? Shiva? Jehovah? Krishna? YHWH? Re? Elohim? Ahura Mazda? Jah?

Does "God" condemn people to eternal hell? Is God a he, or a she, or both, or neither? Does God save all? Is God one person? Three?

How can we determine what God lacks without defining who/what God is?

My question is not only on topic, it's the heart of the matter.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
You’re just scattering the pieces off the game board because your logic is failing. Your argument started with life isn’t fair therefore there is no God. I’ve shown you that life without unfairness is no life.
Life in Heaven is no life?

Dec 2015
Arizona
Which God are we talking about?
Well, THANK YOU. What a stupid conversation!
AND can I just add that GOD is not a GUY---not a person. Why do intelligent people still refer to God like He's this old man with a beard sitting on a throne, dressed in white robes and surrounded by angels and clouds...?
I really can't stand that. Grrrr......

May 2019
USA
Which God are we talking about?
In one nation under God where in a Christian Nation "man is God"; after 20 years of suicidal Christiananality thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament - absentee voting ballot - arsonist pedophilia super egos take up Islamidiotocracy for the Bicentennial didn't need rocket science to determine Christiananality pedophilia Islamophobia to be SCOTUS Rehnquist's second coming fabricated misnomer immaculate drug conception as law of the land lynching enforcement master race master plan after another 20 + years for their 9/11 national patriot act religion..

Nov 2012
Michigan
This?

Suppose we allow that God has the usually understood characteristics: omniscient, omnipresent, all powerful.

You're speaking of Allah? Shiva? Jehovah? Krishna? YHWH? Re? Elohim? Ahura Mazda? Jah?

Does "God" condemn people to eternal hell? Is God a he, or a she, or both, or neither? Does God save all? Is God one person? Three?

How can we determine what God lacks without defining who/what God is?

My question is not only on topic, it's the heart of the matter.
What’s in a name? I supplied three generally understood characteristics of a creator God. The discussion that follows should be in that context.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Suppose we allow that God has the usually understood characteristics: omniscient, omnipresent, all powerful. So why anything else? What does God lack?
What God does not have is limitations. So God made a world with people with limitations. What are the consequences of limitations? Suffering. We desires for what we cannot have. We guilt for what we do wrong. We know loss and death. We know and commit betrayal. We see innocents suffer and we know heartache. Life is a cruel game and sometimes we just want to scatter the pieces and say to hell with it. What other choice is there?
I'd say God lacks a heart. All that you describe above does not point to a loving god. If points to a complete monster.