What does the bible say about gun rights?

Dec 2012
Colorado
If you look at the old testament, there was a lot of violence by the Jews, including attacking people and defending themselves.  If you look at the new testament, there was a lot of physical harm done to Christians who did not resist, even at death.  Those people are called martyrs. Does God want us to be martyrs? Maybe so.  Is it required to get to heaven? Well, I can't find anywhere in the Bible that says you have to be a martyr to get to heaven.

So until there's a word from God that says I can't defend myself in whatever means I have or I'm going to hell, stop giving me anti-gun lectures and comparing it to what Jesus would or wouldn't do to defend himself.  It simply tells me you're using Jesus to justify your dislike for guns while you'd likely use one yourself if you were in the right situation and had one handy. That's called hypocrisy....a word used several times in the bible.

...and don't lay on me the "turn the other cheek" verse.  It might be a nice way to live; and I'm sure it works for a lot of people.  But there's nothing in the bible that says it's the answer to salvation.  The new testament is very clear about what it takes to be saved.  The list is one line item long.  Many Christians know what that is.  Many Christians and most non-Christians don't.  But I can assure you, it's not "turn the other cheek".

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
jesus said if you do not have a sidearm, you were to sell the shirt off your back and buy a sidearms.