What gay rights?

May 2018
none
So we should not work for equality here because Chechnya sucks? Sorry that's not gonna happen.

And spare us your faux outrage over Chechnya. I Doubt you'd mind if that went on here.

May 2018
none
You truly are a self-righteous idiot to assume that about me; and I guess that makes you an ass. :mad:
Seems I struck a nerve...

You still have not explained what you meant by posting this thread. Should we not continue to work for equality here in the US? I'm already glad I live in a place where we have some legal recourse to ensure equal treatment, but in most places in the US, we can be fired from our jobs or denied housing for simply existing. If you think we should "thank our lucky stars" for that, you got another thing coming. We still have a long way to go.

Last edited:
Nov 2005
California
So we should not work for equality here because Chechnya sucks? Sorry that's not gonna happen.
Ditto.

I never see that work in "the other direction".
Take for example pointing to some aspects of Canada that conservatives don't like. I don't see conservatives reference those stories and say "Glad I don't live in Canada". Instead, it's reported like a lesson in "This could happen here!!!"

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Ditto.

I never see that work in "the other direction".
Take for example pointing to some aspects of Canada that conservatives don't like. I don't see conservatives reference those stories and say "Glad I don't live in Canada". Instead, it's reported like a lesson in "This could happen here!!!"
Not really, it's really a reminder that conditions for gays here are already far better than many places. Thank your stars that you're here and remember the sacrifices made to protect and keep it that way for you. Believe me when I say that I remember.

Reactions: roastpork
Jul 2014
massachusetts
Not really, it's really a reminder that conditions for gays here are already far better than many places. Thank your stars that you're here and remember the sacrifices made to protect and keep it that way for you. Believe me when I say that I remember.
I know this gay guy, he would LOVE to be a Republican, he's super rich, and really quite conservative, but he was giving huge amounts of money to Democrats, because the Republicans were opposed to gay rights, this was before the Supreme Court made same sex marriage legal in 50 states, the GOP were advocating a slower path, and he'd say "Which of your rights do you not mind waiting for, they're rights, you want them now".
Last time I saw him, he was still a Democrat, it's hard to associate with people who only support your rights now that the court has ordered them to.