What has gone wrong with American democracy?

Feb 2014
Oregon
Democracy didn't bring down Athens, greed for power did, and it'll do it every time if allowed.
The democracy of Athens lasted 200 years, about the same amount of time as ours. It was war that set off the prosperity of Athens and then the greed, just as war set off our prosperity and then the greed.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Is this the EVIL AGENDA that you speak of...?

"In Russia, (we) live like Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, it should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Sharia Law, and live the life of Muslims, then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law.

Russia does not need Muslim minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We will not tolerate disrespect of our Russian culture. We better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland, and France, if we are to survive as a nation.

The Muslims are taking over those countries and they will not take over Russia. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture, or the primitive ways of Sharia Law and Muslims.

When this honorable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the Russian national interest first, observing that the Muslim Minorities are not Russians.’ ...

1) This has nothing do do with my post so why quote my post.
2) Do not caption what other say erroneously. That is juvenile and ignorant .

Grow up.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
LOL, Wow. Virtually every nation started out or became what it is due to a group of men who were traitors. Whats with the "white" men thing? Seriously, are you a
Claraite?
In our countries case the men were white and yes, I am glad you are understanding, revolutions are brought to us by traitors. They are criminals if they fail. They are heroes if they succeed.

Claraite? LOL, is this your weirdo way of calling me a rock?

May 2019
USA
It is "you're" not "your" my simpleton friend.
Did that keep you from comprehending what you read? If not, then my reply is its rather boorish of you to deflect in such a manner. Furthermore, when you feign such perfection, you have to lead with example. No more acronyms for you I guess. LOL

Jun 2019
NC
and greed birthed this country and it does it every time
I disagree, greed did not birth us, wanting for freedom did. Check our history, We were formed by rejects from England, and people seeking religious freedom. At one point in England, if you did not follow their Bible of choice, you were hung. We are a nation of the unwanted, but it's all good, as this is what made us the great country we became and once were, a community of orphans, separated from their mother country, except now some Americans prosecute people coming here today for the same reason as their ancestors and this is what has deflowered us from being great.

Jul 2014
Asia
The rich took over over a century ago, starting with robber barons colluding with the state, then the Fed, followed by a combination of the a military-industrial complex needed to keep the petrodollar propped up and a debt-and-spending economy.