What I Learned in the Peace Corps in Africa: Trump Is Right

Dec 2016
Canada
As with so many things posted on American Stinker, I have questions. First, why is an experience from 1971 being published in 2018? How would something from over 40 years ago be relevant to 2018-19 politics and remember the title is "What I learned in the Peace Corp: Trump is right." This whole thing makes absolutely no sense.
Second, let me stress that politicizing the Peace Corp is unconscionable. It's like Dr. James Dobson politicizing the children in cages just to praise Trump. The PC is an independent agency of the United States government.

More than 7,000 Peace Corps volunteers serve around the world in approximately 70 countries in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. They do it to serve our nation. The volunteers (for the most part) live in squalid conditions, exposed to every disease imaginable and work their tails off in agriculture/with farmers, teach in shabby schools with little or no supplies, dig ditches and build water systems, promote good nutrition, basic hygiene and water sanitation....during their 2 years of service with 3 months of training in D.C. they make almost no salary.

Third, some women have a very difficult time living with these conditions. Cultural norms are different. Women can be seen as subordinate to patriarchal societies and their safety isn't always guaranteed. Just having enough sanitary supplies can be daunting. Because of these issues, many women can't stay the full two years. It's a pretty miserable existence.

Fourth, living in these 3rd world countries can be heartbreaking. Our son was in a small village in Honduras. He lived in a bug-infested, cinder block house with a dirt floor--although it did have a bathroom. Children and dogs wandered freely. The children had no shoes or toys. Time after time village women would approach our son and beg him to take their children to America or MARRY their daughters.

We owe these volunteers a debt of gratitude for investing over 2 years of their young lives to the global community. They are NOT politically-driven people. They are people who WANT to make a difference--they want to make the world better in some small corner. Do they appreciate the U.S. when they return? Of course, but they also see the waste--the opulence--the luxuries we have--the abundance.....and feel guilty.
And that's a snapshot of why Honduras is one of the countries that is in the midst of a mass exodus today! But, I don't know if your son is at all aware of it, but the misery and deprivation people suffer there cannot be separated from the strategies and moves by US foreign policy over many decades. Honduras is the reference point for "Banana Republic" because the country was set up and enforced as a giant banana plantation after it became such a lucrative cash crop for export. Back in the Reagan years, they even called Honduras "America's aircraft carrier!" And any time over the years there has even been a hint of resistance....such as the attempts by the government of Manuel Zelaya to institute a minimum wage, reform working conditions and control foreign corporations, in sweeps the US Gov. helicopters to pick up the offending leader and whisk him off to exile so that the properly compliant regime can be installed. And let's not forget this isn't just a Republican thing! This last happened in 2009, when Zelaya was dispatched under orders of State Dept. Chief - HIllary Clinton..... a move that had to be signed off by Obama himself in 09, regardless of the fact that he wanted to be kept as far away from the issue as possible!

So maybe peace corp volunteers do some nice work. But that far from makes up for the evil instigated by their government!

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
Name 10 species of mammal where all the breeds [races] ended up without any physical or intellectual superiorities or inferiorities.
We both know you can't name even one, yet you cling to your hopelessly brainwashed beliefs that there are no general superior or inferior traits between the races of humans. At least some brainwashed sheeple will acknowledge the obvious physical superiorities / inferiorities between the races but are unwilling to acknowledge that any intellectual differences / tendencies exist.
In their One World Globalist brainwashed minds evolutionary differences must only occur from the neck down..LOL.
Like I said, just more bulol shit. No one here is speaking of the superiority of the races save for racists, and bigots, like you.

In your case, any evolutionary changes must have occurred only in the buttocks area making you all ass.

Aug 2019
De Congo
Like I said, just more bulol shit. No one here is speaking of the superiority of the races save for racists, and bigots, like you.

In your case, any evolutionary changes must have occurred only in the buttocks area making you all ass.
You can't provide just ONE example of a mammal species where all the individual breeds [races] share no physical or intellectual superiorities or inferiorities..?

Of course you can not because NONE EXIST.....all you've got left to of course do is fling poop like any brainwashed SJW is prone to do .

Dec 2016
Canada