What if ?

Nov 2013
NM
Call the question

They are teaching the tenets of Islam in school
The US Supreme Court allows a kind of civic religion - Singing the US national anthem, reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, & so on before public assemblies - football games, sports in general, & etc.

Teaching the tenets of Islam in class in a public school is probably going too far. Is there a link to this?

Jul 2014
massachusetts
You say you disagree but then you give evidence that supports my contention.

I said the Bible believers took over and then you describe that the people in charge were literate in and used the Bible.
The Empire adopted Christianity as the official state religion.
Prior to the Empire, was the Republic, which had nothing to do with the bible.
Yet we'd recognize so much of our culture in that culture, which didn't have a trace of the bible in it.

If you really want the Bible in the schools, are you ready for it to be presented as mythology? Not as a holy book, but as a collection of myths.

Apr 2013
Left coast
Sometimes people do bad things and try to cover themselves with the Bible. I think it’s an important part of history. Should we teach it so people know it, or should we repeat it?
Nice dodge on the whole white trash thing. Slippery little fellow, aren't you.

Nov 2012
Michigan
The Empire adopted Christianity as the official state religion.
Prior to the Empire, was the Republic, which had nothing to do with the bible.
Yet we'd recognize so much of our culture in that culture, which didn't have a trace of the bible in it.

If you really want the Bible in the schools, are you ready for it to be presented as mythology? Not as a holy book, but as a collection of myths.
I responded to this already. There is no need to comment either way on the truths of supernatural elements in the Bible. If a students asks just say , some people believe it.

Last edited: