What is Morality, Where Does it Come From?

Jun 2018
Toronto
Morality is what the tribe (leaders) thinks is good for them.
Some like many wives, some like to stone stuff, some used to think that human sacrifice is good for appeasing the gods, some think that walking around naked on the beach is good for Vitamin D, some think that they should be covered from head to toe. It depends.

Most of them agree that lying, stealing and killing is not a good idea.

Jun 2018
Toronto
Sense of fairness is not moral. You think these monkeys are able to abstract and predict the impact of stealing bananas?

Jun 2018
Toronto
Define morality then, or fairness, or ethics.
As I said, morality as I understand it is a set of rules that every group develops that they think is good for them as a group. From them the religion develops, so Ben Shapiro has it wrong. It's the reverse. Morality that a group develops defines their religion. Fairness is on a personal level. Some people even think that life is not fair ... to them. Ethics is just the personal following of agreed set of morality rules.

That's all I've got

:)

Take the Islam per example, they rule for covering their women. For all western societies forcing the women to wear these things is immoral, for them it's the opposite. It comes from some incident that their prophet said that it will protect them from rape. They agreed to that instead of punishing rape more strongly and voila a rule was created and put into the religion.

Just an example.

Jun 2018
Toronto
Take the group here per example. Posting spam and trolling is immoral. Right? So the gods will issue rules. Ethics is following said rules in the TOS. Some would think it's not fair.

:):)

Apr 2013
Left coast
As I said, morality as I understand it is a set of rules that every group develops that they think is good for them as a group. From them the religion develops, so Ben Shapiro has it wrong. It's the reverse. Morality that a group develops defines their religion. Fairness is on a personal level. Some people even think that life is not fair ... to them. Ethics is just the personal following of agreed set of morality rules.

That's all I've got

:)

Take the Islam per example, they rule for covering their women. For all western societies forcing the women to wear these things is immoral, for them it's the opposite. It comes from some incident that their prophet said that it will protect them from rape. They agreed to that instead of punishing rape more strongly and voila a rule was created and put into the religion.

Just an example.
In fact, the conventional definitions are the opposite.

Ethics and morals
relate to “right” and “wrong” conduct. While they are sometimes used interchangeably, they are different: ethics refer to rules provided by an external source, e.g., codes of conduct in workplaces or principles in religions. Morals refer to an individual's own principles regarding right and wrong.