What the hell is wrong with Georgia?

May 2013
arkansas
Women Who Have an Abortion in Georgia Could Soon Be Sentenced to Life in Prison

HB 481, which is due to take effect on January 1, 2020, would also have consequences for women who suffer a miscarriage. If a woman were to miscarry based on her behavior—such as use of drugs or alcohol—she would be liable for second-degree murder, which is punishable to 10 to 30 years' imprisonment. Even if she opted to leave Georgia to obtain an abortion—she'd still be just as liable for punishment in the state. If a woman travels to another state for an abortion, she may be charged with conspiracy to commit murder, which can lead to 10 years’ imprisonment. And if you're a woman who wants to help a friend cross state lines for her abortion, you could also be charged with "conspiracy."

It's nice to know that Georgia has such an abundance of tax dollars, and nothing that needs funding, that they can waste money on crap like this!

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana

HB 481, which is due to take effect on January 1, 2020, would also have consequences for women who suffer a miscarriage. If a woman were to miscarry based on her behavior—such as use of drugs or alcohol—she would be liable for second-degree murder, which is punishable to 10 to 30 years' imprisonment. Even if she opted to leave Georgia to obtain an abortion—she'd still be just as liable for punishment in the state. If a woman travels to another state for an abortion, she may be charged with conspiracy to commit murder, which can lead to 10 years’ imprisonment. And if you're a woman who wants to help a friend cross state lines for her abortion, you could also be charged with "conspiracy."

It's nice to know that Georgia has such an abundance of tax dollars, and nothing that needs funding, that they can waste money on crap like this!
Looks like these Republicans are in the process of literally creating a tyrannical police state.

May 2013
arkansas
My first three pregnancies, that I was aware of, ended in miscarriage. I simply cannot imagine being questioned during that time by the authorities. A mother loads enough guilt upon herself when she miscarries without the state piling on!

Nov 2013
NM

HB 481, which is due to take effect on January 1, 2020, would also have consequences for women who suffer a miscarriage. If a woman were to miscarry based on her behavior—such as use of drugs or alcohol—she would be liable for second-degree murder, which is punishable to 10 to 30 years' imprisonment. ...
Or GA is trying to empty the state of unsuitable women - a variant on giving vagrants & other undesirables a bus ticket to out of state, with a warning not to return. Yah, the law will be challenged in the courts in short order. @ heart, I assume that GA just wants Southern belles & Rhett Butlers in the state - Butler (in the movie) had a rep, I'm sure he was procreating for all he was worth. If you leave things up to the stereotypical Southern belles, the South may simply go the way of post-WWII Japan (& much of Europe, & Russia, for that matter) - it may simply dwindle away down to nothing. The US is also in trouble on the birth front, but as long as we allow sufficient immigration to make up the difference, we'll continue adding to the population.

May 2013
arkansas
Shores up the political base of lunatics for the next election.
I can see how passing a reasonable anti choice law in order to be able to say "We tried but those damn liberal judges decided to make law from the bench" or some stupidity like that.....but even the most stupid person going would have to admit that this is nothing more than a waste of money! Wouldn't they?