What the hell is wrong with Georgia?

Dec 2015
Arizona
My sons fiancee and I were discussing this issue at dinner on Sunday. I said pretty much the same thing. My position was that perhaps we should just let them overturn Roe and let them discover the meaning of 'be careful what you wish for, you might get it'!

I'm well past the age of having to worry about it, and she will never have to worry about how to get a safe, legal abortion if that is what she decides to do. The only thing that worries me is the resulting tax increases on them to pay for the thousands of poor children that will be born.
This is the aspect that's being completely overlooked. Abortion laws like this will NEVER affect those who can afford an abortion elsewhere...but that was always the case. Georgia has decided to punish women who can't go elsewhere--who can't pay---and have no means of support. They are not equipped to raise another child. They are probably the uneducated and disenfranchised--not all--but many.
The GOP is famous for its lack of vision. This legislation moves us backward instead of forward. Abortions will continue just as alcohol continued during Prohibition. Abortion clinics in back rooms and alleys will return and so will knitting needles, lye, bleach and turpentine.
Women will die...but that's fine, right? IT'S all about the baby UNTIL it's born. Those babies will not be protected or educated. Those women will petition for welfare, medical assistance and food stamps. Then the GOP will punish them for that as well. Our foster care system will finally BLOW UP, as if they already haven't.

May 2013
arkansas
This is the aspect that's being completely overlooked. Abortion laws like this will NEVER affect those who can afford an abortion elsewhere...but that was always the case. Georgia has decided to punish women who can't go elsewhere--who can't pay---and have no means of support. They are not equipped to raise another child. They are probably the uneducated and disenfranchised--not all--but many.
The GOP is famous for its lack of vision. This legislation moves us backward instead of forward. Abortions will continue just as alcohol continued during Prohibition. Abortion clinics in back rooms and alleys will return and so will knitting needles, lye, bleach and turpentine.
Women will die...but that's fine, right? IT'S all about the baby UNTIL it's born. Those babies will not be protected or educated. Those women will petition for welfare, medical assistance and food stamps. Then the GOP will punish them for that as well. Our foster care system will finally BLOW UP, as if they already haven't.
I''m wondering if the right wing has a long term goal in mind. Considering the fact that most children who are born into poverty grow up without a proper education, the percentage of ignorant, uninformed voters will rise drastically in apx 18 years. And....for which party do the ignorant and uninformed vote?

Dec 2015
Arizona
I''m wondering if the right wing has a long term goal in mind. Considering the fact that most children who are born into poverty grow up without a proper education, the percentage of ignorant, uninformed voters will rise drastically in apx 18 years. And....for which party do the ignorant and uninformed vote?

Haaa---you are such a nice person, Cat. A long term goal? The GOP?? Pretty funny.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
I told you guys that abortion was going to become a states rights issue as soon as trump won. As it should be.

This is a good thing. Don't like it. Move.