What the hell is wrong with Georgia?

May 2013
arkansas
3) Cat this is just for you. If the fetus has full rights at 6 weeks, does that mean the mother will able to take out a life insurance policy on her unborn child and if there is a miscarriage, get to collect the death benefit just as if the child had been born alive ???
I don't see why not.

May 2013
arkansas
Ohio has decided to jump on the anti woman stupidity bandwagon. Rep. John Becker is sponsoring a bill that not only outlaws birth control pills and IUD's, but requires that any ectopic pregnancy be 'transplanted' into the womans uterus!

WHY in the name of all that's holy are MEN this stupid allowed to have anything to do with laws concerning women's bodies?

Someone Tell This Ohio Legislator You Can't Move Ectopic Pregnancies Into the Uterus #ABLC

Fresh off the heels of passing one of the most restrictive abortion bans in the country, lawmakers in Ohio seem eager to continue chipping away at abortion access.

Enter Ohio Rep. John Becker, aka This Fucking Guy: a Republican who has sponsored a bill that literally defies science. In defending his bill, Rep. Becker has claimed that contraceptives cause abortion (they don’t) and that ectopic pregnancies—in which the embryo implants somewhere other than the uterus, usually the fallopian tube—can be fixed by simply sticking the errant embryo into the pregnant person’s uterus.

Last edited:
Dec 2015
Arizona
Ohio has decided to jump on the anti woman stupidity bandwagon. Rep. John Becker is sponsoring a bill that not only outlaws birth control pills and IUD's, but requires that any ectopic be 'transplanted' into the womans uterus!

WHY in the name of all that's holy are MEN this stupid allowed to have anything to do with laws concerning women's bodies?

Someone Tell This Ohio Legislator You Can't Move Ectopic Pregnancies Into the Uterus #ABLC

Fresh off the heels of passing one of the most restrictive abortion bans in the country, lawmakers in Ohio seem eager to continue chipping away at abortion access.

Enter Ohio Rep. John Becker, aka This Fucking Guy: a Republican who has sponsored a bill that literally defies science. In defending his bill, Rep. Becker has claimed that contraceptives cause abortion (they don’t) and that ectopic pregnancies—in which the embryo implants somewhere other than the uterus, usually the fallopian tube—can be fixed by simply sticking the errant embryo into the pregnant person’s uterus.
And this type of crap is a perfect depiction of the minds of Republican men. Completely clueless.

Nov 2012
nirvana
And this type of crap is a perfect depiction of the minds of Republican men. Completely clueless.
There is a concerted effort with Trumps advisors from Fox to project an anti semitism, Liberals want late term abortion, Democrats are getting ready to repeal the 2nd Amendment, narrative going on. Pay close attention to what you see and hear the Trumpees do and say over the next weeks and months.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Ohio has decided to jump on the anti woman stupidity bandwagon. Rep. John Becker is sponsoring a bill that not only outlaws birth control pills and IUD's, but requires that any ectopic pregnancy be 'transplanted' into the womans uterus!

Read an article earlier this week. While the fright wing says IT NEVER HAPPENS, right now, there is an 11 year old girl in Ohio that is pregnant after multiple sexual assaults by a 26 year old man. If Ohio's new law were in effect SHE WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED AN ABORTION !!!

Is there anyone on this board that thinks an 11 year old should be forced to carry her rapist's baby to term ??

It's not just Ohio. The speaker of the house in Florida referred to pregnant women as "host bodies" no less than five times in an interview. They are deliberately dehumanizing women. Reducing them to nothing more than vessels, owned by their male partners, to be used as he sees fit. They really are trying to rewind the clock back to the 1950's when women were little more then broodmares and chattel.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Personally I'd like to see the ACLU or whoever normally challenges these laws NOT challenge this bill. Let it go into effect. Then watch as company after company pulls up stakes and moves out of state. At least three movies productions have decided not to film in state already. Can you imagine the fiscal damage that would be caused when Delta packed up and moved their headquarters and main hub to another city ?? Followed by God knows how many other national and international companies that currently have their headquarters or regional offices in the Atlanta area ?? Can you imagine the crash in property values as hundreds of thousands of people moved away ?? The airport alone, minus Delta using it as their hub, would bankrupt the city of Atlanta in short order. Much of Georgia's economy is tied to the city of Atlanta. The rural areas simply could not, in a million years, generate the revenue Atlanta does. Atlanta minus dozens if not hundreds of major businesses would simply collapse.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
In the alternative, instead of shouldering the burden of moving a major company and thousands or tens of thousand of employees, those companies could throw cash and support to opposition candidates and simply get enough legislators and a governor elected who would then repeal the law.

May 2013
arkansas
Personally I'd like to see the ACLU or whoever normally challenges these laws NOT challenge this bill. Let it go into effect. Then watch as company after company pulls up stakes and moves out of state. At least three movies productions have decided not to film in state already. Can you imagine the fiscal damage that would be caused when Delta packed up and moved their headquarters and main hub to another city ?? Followed by God knows how many other national and international companies that currently have their headquarters or regional offices in the Atlanta area ?? Can you imagine the crash in property values as hundreds of thousands of people moved away ?? The airport alone, minus Delta using it as their hub, would bankrupt the city of Atlanta in short order. Much of Georgia's economy is tied to the city of Atlanta. The rural areas simply could not, in a million years, generate the revenue Atlanta does. Atlanta minus dozens if not hundreds of major businesses would simply collapse.
My sons fiancee and I were discussing this issue at dinner on Sunday. I said pretty much the same thing. My position was that perhaps we should just let them overturn Roe and let them discover the meaning of 'be careful what you wish for, you might get it'!

I'm well past the age of having to worry about it, and she will never have to worry about how to get a safe, legal abortion if that is what she decides to do. The only thing that worries me is the resulting tax increases on them to pay for the thousands of poor children that will be born.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
My sons fiancee and I were discussing this issue at dinner on Sunday. I said pretty much the same thing. My position was that perhaps we should just let them overturn Roe and let them discover the meaning of 'be careful what you wish for, you might get it'!

I'm well past the age of having to worry about it, and she will never have to worry about how to get a safe, legal abortion if that is what she decides to do. The only thing that worries me is the resulting tax increases on them to pay for the thousands of poor children that will be born.

And there is it. The instant that fetus becomes a living breathing human being. THEY STOP CARING. The irony is just too rich. The very same people who are out to get rid of abortion, are the exact same people that refuse to let schools teach REAL sex education, even tho it can reduce unwanted pregnancies, and thus the need for abortion, by as much as 70%. They are also the very same people that howl the loudest and longest about taxes and the size welfare state. That the vast majority of abortions (something like 80%) are sought because of economic reasons, the mother/parents just can't afford to raise a child, seems to be completely lost on them. They want to punish people, especially the poor and minorities, for having sex, then complain about the costs of doing so. Eliminating abortion will simply increase the size of the underclass and thus the need for a larger welfare state. This will be infinitely more true when the economy takes it's next downturn.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
Make no mistake about it. This IS a well financed and coordinated attack on America by the American Christian Taliban. The ACT are in pursuit of nothing less than their own Christianized version of Sharian law AND apartheid !!! A very small minority is seeking to impose their will on the entire country. It's no mistake that Georgia is but the latest of several red states to introduce and/or pass extreme anti-abortion bills. For all their crying about "deep state" the truth is there is some seriously deep dark money, probably coming through the mega churches, flowing into campaign coffers all over the red states and driving these neanderthal, redneck, hillbilly politicians to pass these bills. This is a full on attack on the women of this country. This is a cancer and we desperately need to find it and cut it out. These people WILL be the destruction of this country. They DO NOT care about anyone's God given and constitutionally guaranteed RIGHTS !!! They will strip away the amendments in their zeal. They are seeking nothing less than a full blown theocracy. This is the American Christian Taliban making their power play. This is why they voted for a man like Trump. They don't care that he has every flaw they have ever held against every other politician that's ever run for office. They know as long as they stroke his narcissistic little insecure ego, that fucking moron will do what ever they want. For all his bluster and blather, the ACT has their hands WAY up Trump's ass. He is far more of a puppet than any president before him. He's stupid and as long as these people stroke his ego and stoke his maniacal narcissism he'll do what ever they want. He'll support anything or any one they want. You don't think he is actually choosing all those hard core uber-conservative, alt-right judges the fright wing controlled senate is currently stacking the courts with do you ??

For anyone that supports these bills I have a few questions.

1) If LIFE begins at 6 weeks, is THAT when the CHILD SUPPORT KICKS IN ??? Let's face it pregnancy is very expensive, even if you don't have complications. I'm sure working women all over the country will greatly appreciate the extra income while they're taking time off work to see the doctors.

2) If at 6 week the fetus has full rights as a US citizen, does that mean we can no longer deport pregnant illegals. If their unborn fetus has full legal rights then we can't deport the mother without deporting the LEGAL citizen she is carrying !!!!

3) Cat this is just for you. If the fetus has full rights at 6 weeks, does that mean the mother will able to take out a life insurance policy on her unborn child and if there is a miscarriage, get to collect the death benefit just as if the child had been born alive ???

These "personhood rights of the fetus" and "life begins at conception" arguments raise some interesting problems.

1. will tax deductions apply from date of conception
2. what will be the best legal management of ectopic or abdominal pregnancy
3. if life begins at conception how can there be an "exemption" for rape/incest of life of mother
4. why does a specific ultrasound finding define "life"
5. will in vitro procedures be outlawed in these states as often all the fertilized embryos do not survive
6. what is the legal status of a frozen embryo
7. would a woman goes to another state for an abortion be subject to extradition to her state of residence for prosecution
8. the Alabama law does not criminalize women for abortion, would that promote DIY abortions?