When we had a real President

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
i just want to note that they attacked obama with racism, smeared his wife and kids, demanded his birth certificate, questioned his faith, and not once did obama stoop to the level of screaming expletives and accusing the opposition of treason. not once. not a single day in 8 yrs. - Oliver Willis

Jul 2015
chicago
I am glad Trump fights back. I am glad he is not like McCain or Romney. I am glad we have a Republican that doesn't just take it.

• Haha
Reactions: thor gonzales
Jul 2015
chicago
When did we have an R president who just took it? What does "just take it" mean?

Do you rant on, bully, mock, and ridicule people with whom you disagree? With those who criticize you?
I have to do it here all of the time because I am assailed here all of the time. Were I running for President and had the same crap coming at me like Trump has, sure I would too.

• Haha

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I have to do it here all of the time because I am assailed here all of the time. Were I running for President and had the same crap coming at me like Trump has, sure I would too.
You dish out your fair share of assailing.

When did we have an R president who just took it? What does "do it" mean?

Jul 2015
chicago
You dish out your fair share of assailing.

When did we have an R president who just took it? ...
We had two weak Republican candidates in a row in McCain and Romney. Republicans have a constant assault from the main stream media who work in concert with the Democrats. Trump won the presidency partially by not just taking it. Instead he dished it out harder. Does he act horribly sometimes? Sure but I will take that along with the policies that I majority agree with.

• Haha
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
We had two weak Republican candidates in a row in McCain and Romney. Republicans have a constant assault from the main stream media who work in concert with the Democrats. Trump won the presidency partially by not just taking it. Instead he dished it out harder. Does he act horribly sometimes? Sure but I will take that along with the policies that I majority agree with.
In other words the ends justifies the means,

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
So, we haven't had a R president who just took it then?