When we had a real President

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Yes we have native Americans here in the USA. They have the same situation as they do in Canada. This has absolutely nothing to do with Illegal aliens who are citizens of another country who drain public services from citizens and legal residents.

All you are doing is avoiding the issue. Your Canadian healthcare system drives the tax rate in Canada to 41.8% Do you acknowledge that or are you going to deflect again?
What in your opinion would the net effect on an average Canadian's discretionary income if we lost our healthcare but had to carry insurance? What would the added cost to the government be to treat those who couldn't afford private insurance? (We are a compassionate country and wouldn't let them die on the street.) So your simplistic regurgitation of stupid GOP talking points is bullshit.

And BTW, we weren't anywhere near as successful at accomplishing genocide on our indigenous peoples as the US so they number way more on a percentage basis than the sum of your indigenous peoples plus your illegals.

But I'm sure lying Trump is really proud of you.

Jul 2015
chicago
What in your opinion would the net effect on an average Canadian's discretionary income if we lost our healthcare but had to carry insurance? What would the added cost to the government be to treat those who couldn't afford private insurance? (We are a compassionate country and wouldn't let them die on the street.) So your simplistic regurgitation of stupid GOP talking points is bullshit.

And BTW, we weren't anywhere near as successful at accomplishing genocide on our indigenous peoples as the US so they number way more on a percentage basis than the sum of your indigenous peoples plus your illegals.

But I'm sure lying Trump is really proud of you.
Your Canadian healthcare system drives the tax rate in Canada to 41.8% Do you acknowledge that or are you going to deflect again?

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Your Canadian healthcare system drives the tax rate in Canada to 41.8% Do you acknowledge that or are you going to deflect again?
The healthcare is a cost, but as I said we don't have to pay for personal health insurance. Exactly how much it impacts the average tax payer I don't know. And data from sources all over the world say that you pay way more for your healthcare than I do. Own it.

Reactions: Clara007
Jul 2015
chicago
The healthcare is a cost, but as I said we don't have to pay for personal health insurance. Exactly how much it impacts the average tax payer I don't know. And data from sources all over the world say that you pay way more for your healthcare than I do. Own it.
You are retired. We would have to compare your costs to a retired person on Medicare here.

In Canada your costs are lower than those of say Norway for Universal healthcare. In Canada 26% of your total healthcare costs out of pocket. Mostly due to pharmaceuticals not being covered. If drugs were covered and if you had million illegal aliens that needed tp be added your average taxes would be much much higher. I do not want your system. I loved the way US insurance and healthcare costs used to be. I think the USA could get back to that with reforms. I really do not want to have a 50% plus tax rate for a system like Canada has. No thanks.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
You are retired. We would have to compare your costs to a retired person on Medicare here.

In Canada your costs are lower than those of say Norway for Universal healthcare. In Canada 26% of your total healthcare costs out of pocket. Mostly due to pharmaceuticals not being covered. If drugs were covered and if you had million illegal aliens that needed tp be added your average taxes would be much much higher. I do not want your system. I loved the way US insurance and healthcare costs used to be. I think the USA could get back to that with reforms. I really do not want to have a 50% plus tax rate for a system like Canada has. No thanks.
Your illegal alien argument does not make sense as I have explained to you. And I do have private insurance for my meds. Odds are they will soon be added to our current healthcare so that will go away too. We can see then how much that will impact taxes.

BTW, where did you get your 26% number. And I see your estimate of our tax has now grown to 50%. Just like Trump, you lie a higher number each time you tell a lie.

Reactions: se7en
Jul 2015
chicago
... And I see your estimate of our tax has now grown to 50%. ..
The 50% plus Is what I believe my US Tax rate would be if single payer healthcare were instituted in the USA. Canada's is at 41.8% and in the USA is would be more than Canada. Obviously.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
McCain sucked. I held my nose while I voted for him in the general election. You did not vote for him. Now you sing his praises. If McCain had not stopped the repeal of Obamacare, perhaps the legislature could have actually done something to improve the law. Instead it now continues to suck.

McCain ran a lousy campaign. He was a weak candidate.
That's lame.

The Rs had a long time to come up with a healthcare plan. Hell, they talked as if it was sitting on the shelf. Then, they held Congress and the Presidency, and .............. where was the slam dunk plan.

And you blame McCain.

And you cannot see: You're owned?

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
The 50% plus Is what I believe my US Tax rate would be if single payer healthcare were instituted in the USA. Canada's is at 41.8% and in the USA is would be more than Canada. Obviously.
Why obviously? Other than the ludicrous military budget, your costs wouldn't be higher and arguably with all the MAGA happening, it should be close to where the government pays you.

Reactions: Clara007
Jul 2015
chicago
Why obviously? ….
Obviously if in Canada the average family pays 41.8% in total taxes from income because single payer healthcare drives it that high that in the USA it would be at an even higher RATE than in Canada.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Obviously if in Canada the average family pays 41.8% in total taxes from income because single payer healthcare drives it that high that in the USA it would be at an even higher RATE than in Canada.
Neither of those are "obviously".