When will the RW finally admit it?

Nov 2017
Yes, if what he is doing has been declared illegal by the Supreme Court of the United States!!!!

Are you (really?) that dense?

You do understand the final word on legality in the United States is the Supreme Court and not the fat orange turd, right?
Seems you didn't read my other post; I come nowhere close to being dense at all & you would've seen that (I'm assuming) if you had read it. If you replied before I posted it, please look for it now & read it.

I don't know what "fat orange turd" is or why you're introducing that into this conversation.

Nov 2017
Do you understand that our founding fathers implemented what some people refer to as Checks and Balances?

While SCOTUS is not "the boss" of POTUS, they clearly have a say in some of what he does.

Furthermore, your scenario is just plain wrong. SCOTUS has already established that what Trump wants to do is wrong.
No, SCOTUS hasn't already established anything of the sort.

Nov 2017
Another RW who totally disregards the rule of law. Why is that not surprising given how their messiah operates.
Although these are sentences that are easier to read than SDD's run-on strings, they don't make as much sense. It's the Trump adversaries who seem to want to totally disregard the rule of law. Trump wants to comply with the law, as I point out in my other posts on this thread; perhaps you need to read them before jumping the gun and posting silly stuff. As an FYI, I'm not religious.

Reactions: BondJmsBond
Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
Explain why the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES who has sworn to defend the CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES would even attempt to supercede a decision by the SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES has declared illegal/unconstitutional.

Reactions: Clara007
Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
No, SCOTUS hasn't already established anything of the sort.
What they established is the the administration was not being honest when asked why they wanted to add the question and until they decided to be honest the question was not going on the census.

Of course if the administration was honest about why they wanted the question then there's no way the court would allow it.

Reactions: Clara007
Nov 2005
California
What they established is the the administration was not being honest when asked why they wanted to add the question and until they decided to be honest the question was not going on the census.
Of course if the administration was honest about why they wanted the question then there's no way the court would allow it.
"You need it for many reasons. Number one, you need it for Congress, for districting. You need it for appropriations: Where are the funds going, how many people are there, are they citizens, are they not citizens? You need it for many reasons," Trump said.​
New York AG slams reports of Trump executive order on citizenship census question

You mean that type of honesty? #sarcasm

The fact that Trump tried to switch his legal team on the issue should tell us something about the type of "honesty" we're dealing with...

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee

This is WHY Trump has become THE losingest president in history. Something like 96% if his actions have been overturned or blocked. NOT because the rule itself is being changed. It's that they can't or won't document the decision making process. He honestly believes he doesn't need to justify any of his decisions. He and his staff make completely arbitrary decisions and when asked WHY, they can't justify them. It's pretty bad when the very industry you are seeking to deregulate TAKES YOU TO COURT to stop you from changing the rules.

Every agency and department has policy and procedure in place for making rules changes. Many of them require a public comment period as well as public hearings with those effected by the rules change. Trump and company seem to think they can simply bypass the entire process.

The census question is but the latest in a long line of issues where Trump and company have utterly failed to even try to justify their actions. And as Nero pointed out, if Trump were truly honest about WHY they wanted the question on the census, no court in the land would allow it.

Deceased G.O.P. Strategist’s Hard Drives Reveal New Details on the Census Citizenship Question

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
I'm speaking rather figuratively when I say "gun to the head"; do you think there wasn't the threat of force all along from Hitler for such a questionnaire? You're comparing apples and oranges by trying to equate "Are you a Jew?" to "Are you a US Citizen?" There's nothing wrong with asking whether or not someone's a US Citizen, particularly when it comes to things like who's going to get this or that perk, or money from the taxpayers. Even if you think the two types of questions are the same, maybe you're blaming the wrong person if you want to pin it on Trump; Congress created the Voting Rights Act, so maybe you ought to pin the blame on Congress.
The question, citizenship has NOT appeared on the regular census form since 1950. It did appear on the LONG form in 1970 and again in 2000, but ONLY on the long form which was sent to a much smaller number of households. The majority of people got the short form which did not include the question.

So Eisenhower didn't ask the question. Nixon only asked it on the long form. Carter didn't ask and W only on the long form. Obama didn't ask.

The other issue is that Trump couldn't present the court with a valid reason for including it. They aren't likely to be honest with the court, and no court would accept their reason if they were. Deceased G.O.P. Strategist’s Hard Drives Reveal New Details on the Census Citizenship Question