White House petition demands Nancy Pelosi be removed for treason

Nov 2005
California
You mean like leftists all over the nation were regarding those high school kids who were accosted by that spotlight seeking old native guy.
That is a reasonable comparison, IMO.
Both actions are condemnable.

Out of curiosity, did anybody on the left on this site wish the MAGA kid death?
If not, I look at it as in some people "in my neighborhood" (i.e. on this forum) committing a heinous act as compared to having to reach out to a more global platform (e.g. twitter, etc) in order to find such examples.

But of course, you only want to criticize the left-wing situation, eh?

Jul 2018
Earth
I just posted her voting record above, and I find little to argue with, actually almost nothing. She's a definitely not under the finger of anyone but the people.

And if FrostKing is honest, the statue of liberty tells us to flood the country with refugees. That's how we got Einstein and other geniuses, BTW.
So you think a silly poem written by a Zionist a century ago should govern our national agenda in the 21st Century? We should send that damn statute back to France.

Jul 2018
Earth
You have the usual adolescent emotionalism of the extreme-right, and it's very silly. Why should I 'love' a foreign politician I never met, and who but nutters has ever seriously pretended she is a traitor to anyone? I thought all 'Americans' were originally illegal immigrants anyway, except the few they stole the land from.
Why don't you whine about Brazilians and Colombians being illegal immigrants in their countries?

Jun 2012
Barsoom
And if FrostKing is honest, the statue of liberty tells us to flood the country with refugees. That's how we got Einstein and other geniuses, BTW.
There is nothing in Lazareth's poem regarding the US and immigration.

Einstein was already in the US.

Jul 2018
Earth
Bull-fucking-shit.
You seem to have an obsession with that. Are you sure that a forum is the proper place to discussion your obsession on such a topic? At least 5 wars in America were fought over slavery by the 1860s.

The Revolutionary War was fought so that the slavers could keep their slaves because they were fearful that the British were going to end slavery in all of their colonies.

The War of 1812 was fought to keep the British from freeing the slaves.

The Seminole Indian war in Florida was fought because the Spanish wouldn't return escape slaves.

The Texas War was fought because slavery had been abolished in Mexico and the Texas slavers wanted to keep their slaves.

The Mexican-American War was fought as a land grab to take the sparsely-settled territories controlled by Mexico west of Texas so that the slavers could expand slavery.

The Civil War was fought because the slavers wanted to expand slavery into the western territories and import more slaves but the Union wanted the land for free white men so it passed the Homestead act which limited the amount of land a person could control. So the slavers couldn't grab large tracts for slave plantations.

Nov 2012
Rhondda
Why don't you whine about Brazilians and Colombians being illegal immigrants in their countries?
I never whine about anyone, kid - that's another of your silly posture-words. And why the hell are you suddenly ranting about people in your colonies. On the drugs you have produced in them, doubtless!

Dec 2015
Arizona
So you think a silly poem written by a Zionist a century ago should govern our national agenda in the 21st Century? We should send that damn statute back to France.

Oh great---another hater in the Party of No. Sure--why not? Let's all hate Lady Liberty now. Send her back to France. Put that on a bumper sticker. Just a thought, but maybe if you’re triggered by the Statue of Liberty the United States of America is not the right place for you. Is the Statue of Liberty now a microaggression against conservatives? Obviously.

Never mind that THAT silly little poem once inspired MILLIONS of immigrants. They cried as they sailed into the New York harbor and first saw that lady. Millions sacrificed their lives and every penny they could scrape together JUST TO SEE that little lady in the harbor. In fact, I'm betting that some of your IMMIGRANT ancestors had the same experience.

The Statue of Liberty is perhaps the most fundamental American icon. It has expressed our country’s highest ideals for 130 years, but now---because the Party of Trump--of Hate--says SEND IT BACK. The poem is silly. The poem has no meaning. The poem should NOT be the centerpiece for left-wing immigration talking points. If it is, we WILL HATE the statue, the silly poem and all those who love it.
AND we have just ONE MORE patriot who loves America and hates Americans---particularly those who don't agree with him.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
~snip~

The Texas War was fought because slavery had been abolished in Mexico and the Texas slavers wanted to keep their slaves.
~snip~
When I attended public school in Texas, we studied Texas history in 4thl, 7th, and 10th grade. Slavery was an element of the Texas Revolution, but to say the war was fought because slavery had been abolished in Mexico is not true.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Oh great---another hater in the Party of No. Sure--why not? Let's all hate Lady Liberty now. Send her back to France. Put that on a bumper sticker. Just a thought, but maybe if you’re triggered by the Statue of Liberty the United States of America is not the right place for you. Is the Statue of Liberty now a microaggression against conservatives? Obviously.

Never mind that THAT silly little poem once inspired MILLIONS of immigrants. They cried as they sailed into the New York harbor and first saw that lady. Millions sacrificed their lives and every penny they could scrape together JUST TO SEE that little lady in the harbor. In fact, I'm betting that some of your IMMIGRANT ancestors had the same experience.

The Statue of Liberty is perhaps the most fundamental American icon. It has expressed our country’s highest ideals for 130 years, but now---because the Party of Trump--of Hate--says SEND IT BACK. The poem is silly. The poem has no meaning. The poem should NOT be the centerpiece for left-wing immigration talking points. If it is, we WILL HATE the statue, the silly poem and all those who love it.
AND we have just ONE MORE patriot who loves America and hates Americans---particularly those who don't agree with him.
Like you Clara, I'm dumbfounded by attacks on the Statue of Liberty and its "...silly poem written by a Zionist a century ago...." Along with our flag and the bald eagle, the Statue of Liberty is one of the defining symbols of the United States of America, as you noted.

I've never seen hatred like the hatred infecting and dominating the minds of many, many twenty-first century Republican white men.

If a disease was infecting as many people as this hatred infects, we'd call it a pandemic and a national emergency.

Sep 2015
Stage Left

my family immigrated here right at the turn of the 20th century from Calabria, Italy after a massive earthquake and resulting disease/famine that killed thousands. my Italian friends still learn about this horrible natural disaster in school over 100 years later. my great-grandfather moved to New York from the poorest region of Italy with nothing but the desire to survive and start a family in this country. he left his home, family, culture, language, everything to find a way to work and start that family that is huge now. Italians were not very welcomed in this country at the time, and my family was not allowed to learn our language, and forced to be "American" because he didnt want his offspring to suffer like those that came here did.

today he would be spit on by these trolls as nothing more than a criminal alien "invading" our country. that is effing ridiculous.