White House proposed releasing immigrant detainees in sanctuary cities, targeting political foes

Mar 2019
Texas
You would really look like less of an ignorant troll if you would actually try to read the article, which explicitly disproves you...

A White House official and a spokesman for DHS sent nearly identical statements to The Post on Thursday, indicating that the proposal is no longer under consideration.

This was just a suggestion that was floated and rejected, which ended any further discussion,” the White House statement said.
Yet hours later the proposal was on the table again.

I really think potus should just do it now and ask questions later.

I do not think the people should be in cages in the first place.

Many have the view that it is better to be homeless in america than to be homeless in a third world country.

Nov 2005
California
... and you cited it as a consequence of one and not the other, hence my point.
So you understand that there is a difference, but I didn't state the difference so therefore you whine about me not telling you something you claim you already knew???
:rolleyes:

If it's not what you meant then write more carefully next time and you won't have to fumble through these tiresome explanations.
I typed what I meant.
I don't write in crayon for people like you.

Actually, yes.
The 14th amendment extends federal rights recognition and protection upon the states and local governments.
You need to study the statute if you don't understand.

It says "No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States." How does that obligate a state to assist in a case with federal jurisdiction?
Jesus.
You are incapable of keeping up with a conversation.
I didn't say the 14th amendment "obligate a state to assist in a case with federal jurisdiction".
I said: "The 14th amendment requires state and local governments protect civil rights ..."

You mentioned "federal civil rights law".
The state and local government is required to recognize ALL federally recognized rights based on the 14th amendment.

If you are thinking of an example that ties together both "state to assist in a case with federal jurisdiction" and "federal civil rights law", then give an explicit example.

What is even more stupid out of all this is I AM NOT GIVING MY OWN POSITION.
I am just telling you HOW THE SYSTEM ACTUALLY WORKS.
If you would bother to EDUCATE YOURSELF, you would see what I describe is true.
State and local governments ARE NOT required to enforce federal laws.
The 14th amendment DOES extend federal rights protections onto state and local governments.
Both of those are true statements and have nothing to do with me being the messenger. You just can't understand reality so you demand I explain it to you instead of you learning it for yourself...

Nov 2005
California
Welcome to the Trump administration which quickly goes back on its word...

It would be just another lawsuit against the Trump administration then, eh?

Many have the view that it is better to be homeless in america than to be homeless in a third world country.
Why do you assume they were homeless in their country of origin?

Mar 2019
Texas
Welcome to the Trump administration which quickly goes back on its word...

It would be just another lawsuit against the Trump administration then, eh?

Why do you assume they were homeless in their country of origin?
I do not assume they were all homeless but just pointing out that the frame of mind exist.

I say let em sue for the 9999th time. At the least them peeps will be out workin and such.

When and if they sue for such it will just show their true colors of being hypocritical douche bags pretending to care. This is about freeing people from cages and if they have to use certain cities as a starting off point in the beginning of their lives in the usa then no big deal.

Nov 2005
California
I do not assume they were all homeless but just pointing out that the frame of mind exist.
I say let em sue for the 9999th time. At the least them peeps will be out workin and such.
When and if they sue for such it will just show their true colors of being hypocritical douche bags pretending to care. This is about freeing people from cages and if they have to use certain cities as a starting off point in the beginning of their lives in the usa then no big deal.
There is a huge difference inbetween caring for the people who show up at your door step and sending in over a hundred thousand to show up at the door step.

Did you notice the below item in the article?
White House officials first broached the plan in a Nov. 16 email, asking officials at several agencies whether members of the caravan could be arrested at the border and then bused “to small- and mid-sized sanctuary cities,” places where local authorities have refused to hand over illegal immigrants for deportation.​

Why were they interested in busing them to "small and mid-sized sanctuary cities"?
Why were they seeking to avoid the large sanctuary cities?
We both know the answer. It was a purposeful effort to overwhelm the available resources. An even distribution across all the sanctuary areas could potentially be absorbed and providing a situation which could disprove the attempted artificial point.

And the number of people we're talking about is not trivial either. In 2018, ICE arrested about 159,000 people. A mid-sized city is defined as a population between 100,000 and 300,000.
The purpose of this is purely to overwhelm the cities. Plain and simple.

Dec 2015
Arizona

Trump loves musical chairs---without the music. Here's the cycle:
1)Throw out the idea at a rally. The supporters go WILD with JOY. Trump assumes THIS is one of his great ideas.
2) Trump takes it to the advisors--depending on the topic--the advisors say--HOLD your horses, Dotard.
3) Next step, take it to the media and to the voters. HEY, folks, I've got this great idea. Trump tells a few jokes.
4) The media grabs the idea, has a meltdown--brings in their legal team, all the retired miltary and pundits.
5) Meanwhile back at the Oval Office, the advisors repeat and repeat their concerns.
6) Trump says he was just joking. AND in his best Mafia-Boss voice says "Forget about it". Badda bing
7) Finally Trump TWEETS the idea again.

AND...........the circle is complete. Who's without a chair?

Mar 2019
Texas
There is a huge difference inbetween caring for the people who show up at your door step and sending in over a hundred thousand to show up at the door step.

Did you notice the below item in the article?
White House officials first broached the plan in a Nov. 16 email, asking officials at several agencies whether members of the caravan could be arrested at the border and then bused “to small- and mid-sized sanctuary cities,” places where local authorities have refused to hand over illegal immigrants for deportation.​

Why were they interested in busing them to "small and mid-sized sanctuary cities"?
We both know the answer. It was a purposeful effort to overwhelm the available resources. An even distribution across all the sanctuary areas could potentially be absorbed and providing a situation which could disprove the attempted artificial point.

And the number of people we're talking about is not trivial either. In 2018, ICE arrested about 159,000 people. A mid-sized city is defined as a population between 100,000 and 300,000.
The purpose of this is purely to overwhelm the cities. Plain and simple.
Go for it potus.

This is the best plan he has come up with yet.

You are missing one important piece of the puzzle.

Once they are free and set loose then they can go where ever they want.

The goal should be to get them out of cells.

Get them jobs.

Keep them from draining the system via welfare or forced gov. housing.

In the mean time it will force a new view from people saying lets keep giving them benefits and such cause now they will be able to personalize the problem.

Sort out the felons and such and let them go to work and DO NOT GIVE THEM FREE STUFF from the government.

Issue more work visas.

STOP playing politics.

Nov 2005
California
DED, I would appreciate it if you would explicitly address the following:

Go for it potus.
This is the best plan he has come up with yet.
As I (and even people that have discussed the issue in the article) have pointed out, there are legal problems with this approach.
But of course, the Trumpettes often don't care about the constitution nor legal requirements in their own personal interests...

You are missing one important piece of the puzzle.
Once they are free and set loose then they can go where ever they want.
The goal should be to get them out of cells.
Get them jobs.
Keep them from draining the system via welfare or forced gov. housing.
Let me be clear on my opinion.
I think Trump is an idiot.
I don't support sanctuary cities.
I don't support our government pursuing illegal actions in order to try to prove a point in a clear way that is biased to artificial failure.

In the mean time it will force a new view from people saying lets keep giving them benefits and such cause now they will be able to personalize the problem.
Who the <bleep> is saying that?

Sort out the felons and such and let them go to work and DO NOT GIVE THEM FREE STUFF from the government.
Issue more work visas.
STOP playing politics.
This plan is a purely illegal political ploy, and you say "stop playing politics"???

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio

Trump doth not speak with a forked tongue. Sancutary Cities wanted them and now they got 'em.

Sep 2017
Hell
DED, I would appreciate it if you would explicitly address the following:

As I (and even people that have discussed the issue in the article) have pointed out, there are legal problems with this approach.
But of course, the Trumpettes often don't care about the constitution nor legal requirements in their own personal interests...

Let me be clear on my opinion.
I think Trump is an idiot.
I don't support sanctuary cities.
I don't support our government pursuing illegal actions in order to try to prove a point in a clear way that is biased to artificial failure.

Who the <bleep> is saying that?

This plan is a purely illegal political ploy, and you say "stop playing politics"???
Send them all to Seattle. They have a girl-wonder mayor that wants to play Merkel.