White House proposed releasing immigrant detainees in sanctuary cities, targeting political foes

Nov 2005
California
At this point you not only moved the goal post but you have dismantled it.
If you no longer wish to discuss, that is your decision.

I see the real problem is that the President's plan does not truly align with your stated interests. The goalposts for the two are in different areas.
As I said, Trump's plans are often fundamentally flawed and with an obviously illegal / unconstitutional interest.
This thread is about the President's stated plan.

If you want to talk about the President's plan aligning with yours, then you need to recognize NOWHERE IN THAT ARTICLE DID THEY EVER SAY ASYLUM SEEKERS.
If you don't want to acknowledge that, then answer the question:
How many LEGAL asylum seekers (following the process and breaking no laws) are in jail detained in cells?

If you want to talk about your plan and ignore the President's plan, then we should talk about how many asylum seekers are detained, the reasoning for their detention and also why we should release solely to sanctuary cities...

Mar 2019
Texas
No legal asylum seekers are in jail unless they committed a crime.

This is a good plan and you have no sound reasoning against it.

Most of the cities are on board with the idea.

Keeping these people in detention makes no financial sense.

The claim that their is no funding to move these people somewhere is false. They are moved all the time.

Mar 2019
Texas
This approach is working. CHER has posted that she is against the idea because her town has 50,000 homeless people.

I say keep moving forward with the idea so people in these non border places that are so much pro immigration can personalize the issue and force their leaders to work on this issue and it frees up people being held that are costing us money and these people can begin to work and contribute.

May 2018
Chicago
This approach is working. CHER has posted that she is against the idea because her town has 50,000 homeless people.

I say keep moving forward with the idea so people in these non border places that are so much pro immigration can personalize the issue and force their leaders to work on this issue and it frees up people being held that are costing us money and these people can begin to work and contribute.
That would be a cool idea except that people in border states are against the wall.

Border politicians opposed to Trump's wall

Also, those of us who live in "sanctuary cities" are already dealing with the issue. Being in Chicago, trust me, we take lots of immigrants.

Nov 2005
California
No legal asylum seekers are in jail unless they committed a crime.
So you are talking about letting asylum seekers out of jail and ignoring the crime they committed?

Remember, YOU talked about people being detained in cells.

This is a good plan and you have no sound reasoning against it.
I do have sound reasoning against it in talking about overwhelming resources.
Moreover, there is absolutely no reason to restrict any group of asylum seekers to JUST "sanctuary cities".

Most of the cities are on board with the idea.
Where have they said that?
What, exactly did they say?

Keeping these people in detention makes no financial sense.
The claim that their is no funding to move these people somewhere is false. They are moved all the time.
How many are being detained and why?
Are you including the asylum seekers who are in jail?
How many are being detained and not in jail?

Mar 2019
Texas
So you are talking about letting asylum seekers out of jail and ignoring the crime they committed?

Remember, YOU talked about people being detained in cells.

I do have sound reasoning against it in talking about overwhelming resources.
Moreover, there is absolutely no reason to restrict any group of asylum seekers to JUST "sanctuary cities".

Where have they said that?
What, exactly did they say?

How many are being detained and why?
Are you including the asylum seekers who are in jail?
How many are being detained and not in jail?
You fail again.

No one is talking about letting people out of jail except you.

No one has been jailed for claiming asylum after crossing between ports.

That is not part of any proposal.

Mar 2019
Texas
That would be a cool idea except that people in border states are against the wall.

Border politicians opposed to Trump's wall

Also, those of us who live in "sanctuary cities" are already dealing with the issue. Being in Chicago, trust me, we take lots of immigrants.
The problem is not being handled in a manner that is helping the country as a whole.

The way those cities are dealing with the issue as it pertains to government and their leaders in government is overall lacking.

Nov 2005
California
You fail again.
No one is talking about letting people out of jail except you.
You talked about letting people out of detention.
"Detention" includes jail.

It's not my fault you weren't clear...

No one has been jailed for claiming asylum after crossing between ports.
That is not part of any proposal.
Thank you for finally clarifying that.
Now how about answering the other questions.

Feb 2019
nunya
Well, if we are going to release them wouldn't sanctuary cities be the best place to do so?
Maybe the best thing to do would be to put more funds into the places where they are kept while waiting for asylum/deportation instead of doing an asshole move and putting people we don't know into places where we can't regulate them where they will probably not stay. :neutral:

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Maybe the best thing to do would be to put more funds into the places where they are kept while waiting for asylum/deportation instead of doing an asshole move and putting people we don't know into places where we can't regulate them where they will probably not stay. :neutral:

Wait?

Where/what are.."the places where they are kept while waiting for asylum/deportation"?