Who has done more harm Atheists or people doing things in the name one their one true God ?

who has killed more

• 1)Atheists

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 2) God people

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • 3) those that just cant decide

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
tHE OLD BATTLE is who is more destructive the godless or the pious? both have statistics proving that the other side is like totally evil but what do you think? I used to be totally down on religion , and there is much to be down on.. the hatred towards gays and others.. they way women are treated.. all the wars..the mistreatment of the jews.. the way jews mistreat Palestinians, but as I age and get closer to dieing since i am a coward i am afraid.. and also godlessness i see in the world leaves such a vacuum. such a vacuum making many feel life is meaningless.. so does god exist.. do we still need god? or is god the problem.. i'd like to know what you think.. more than telling you what an idiot you are for not agreeing with me.. because i'm agnostic i just don't know maybe you can straighten me out

Last edited:
Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
I'm not sure the body count really matters. Both belief systems, when their followers put their "faith" above the rights of the individual, are capable of extreme barbarism.
why is the rights of the individual more important than the common good?

Jun 2018
Toronto
Look up what is the difference between God and Religion. You seem to be good at looking stuff up in wikipedia. That should get you started.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Look up what is the difference between God and Religion. You seem to be good at looking stuff up in wikipedia. That should get you started.
i already know.. god is a cncept by which we measure our pain, i'll say it again

Dec 2018
New England
why is the rights of the individual more important than the common good?
In the abstract, they're not. If large enough majority wish, through a democratic process, to have the needs of the state take priority over the individual, then they are certainly entitled to enact laws consistent with that belief. I would argue, however, such systems do not have a good track record because, ultimately, the power to declare what the "common good" actually is tends to fall to a privileged few, and that inevitably leads to despotism.

Reactions: imaginethat and RNG
Nov 2017
In the abstract, they're not. If large enough majority wish, through a democratic process, to have the needs of the state take priority over the individual, then they are certainly entitled to enact laws consistent with that belief. I would argue, however, such systems do not have a good track record because, ultimately, the power to declare what the "common good" actually is tends to fall to a privileged few, and that inevitably leads to despotism.
The common good - a picture is worth a thousand words:

Reactions: NatMorton
Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
The common good - a picture is worth a thousand words:

its a stupid analogy i think fuedalism was closer to thsi democracy is where the sheep gang up on you wolves and you know its a good system, we made it work you americans are just to fucking greedy and stupid you think that is even clever its retarded These are world's most democratic countries, according to the Economist de,mocratic societies are not run by wolves they rule over and control the worlves so they you i should say cant hurt the sheep

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
despots then ?