Who is Amy Berman Jackson?

Dec 2015
Arizona
So glad you asked! Amy is better known as Judge Jackson and you're about to get real familiar with her, although the judge has been in the news before.
Jackson was born in Baltimore--she's Jewish--a graduate of Harvard Law School.
She's worked her way through the circuit courts and for law firms in D.C. In 2010, Jackson was nominated to fill a vacant seat on the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. She's ruled on decisions on the EPA, National Labor Board Relations, Jesse Jackson (no relation), the Roman Catholic Diocese, U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services, Benghazi/Hillary Clinton, Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, Alex van der Zwaan, and now.......Roger Stone.

On February 15, after Stone spent several days railing against the charges in a series of public appearances and interviews, Jackson imposed a limited gag order on him and his attorneys. On February 18 he published an Instagram post with an attack on Jackson along with a picture of her that many commentators perceived as a possible threat. He later took it down and apologized, but Jackson ordered him to a February 21 court hearing at which she tightened the terms of his gag order, saying, "From this moment on, the defendant may not speak publicly about this case—period." Having been overruled by superiors, allegedly at the behest of Donald Trump, all 4 prosecutors resigned from the case.
Recently, after Stone requested a new trial, Jackson denied it. It is Jackson who will decide Stone's fate.

E0AFE224-0627-437C-9DD8-CC5D587BE064_4_5005_c.jpeg

Dec 2015
Arizona
Trump will have her "Go Missing" or have Barr fire her.

Actually he'll probably just Pardon his Buddy anyway.
See.....that's what I don't get except that Trump is the kind of person who likes to see people squirm. He probably pulled the wings off butterflies as a child.
All Trump has to do is pardon Stone. But he shames the DOJ.
All Trump had to do was ask for a new ambassador in Ukraine but he slandered Yovanovich.
All Trump had to do was fire McCabe, Sessions, Comey and others......but he had to publicly shame them.
In front of the world, the sitting U.S. president shamed our intell agencies.

I really don't understand this man or his supporters. WHO gets pleasure from humiliating others? Trump.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I may have to completely remove myself from all political information venues.

There is no question - we are well on our way to having a completely dictatorship. We have a legislative and judicial branch that is controlled by the executive branch. That is a dictatorship. Period. Yes, the dictatorship has it's supporters. All dictatorships have their supporters.

I am getting more and more disgusted by the seemingly hopeless ability for sane people to avert it. We worried about it - we warned about it - and now it's here. And there is nothing being done to stop it.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
See.....that's what I don't get except that Trump is the kind of person who likes to see people squirm. He probably pulled the wings off butterflies as a child.
All Trump has to do is pardon Stone. But he shames the DOJ.
All Trump had to do was ask for a new ambassador in Ukraine but he slandered Yovanovich.
All Trump had to do was fire McCabe, Sessions, Comey and others......but he had to publicly shame them.
In front of the world, the sitting U.S. president shamed our intell agencies.

I really don't understand this man or his supporters. WHO gets pleasure from humiliating others? Trump.
Four words:

He's a sick MF.

Dec 2015
Arizona
I may have to completely remove myself from all political information venues.

There is no question - we are well on our way to having a completely dictatorship. We have a legislative and judicial branch that is controlled by the executive branch. That is a dictatorship. Period. Yes, the dictatorship has it's supporters. All dictatorships have their supporters.

I am getting more and more disgusted by the seemingly hopeless ability for sane people to avert it. We worried about it - we warned about it - and now it's here. And there is nothing being done to stop it.
Silly! Susan Collins and others have reassured us that our president has learned his lesson. LOL

Feb 2020
dfw, texas
I would give Stone the maximum prison sentence for his crimes.
i do not want to disagree with the piling on of trump, since i hate him as much as I can hate any human that has not committed a violent crime, but 8 years for the non-violent crime old man stone committed seems a little harsh to me. i am just not crazy about punishment that doesn't fit the crime, regardless of politics.

did he steal any money? did he somehow cause somebody else to go to jail wrongfully? he lied, he obstructed justice, and he made a veiled threat of violence, so he does deserve a harsh punishment, but to me that would be more like 4 years in jail, which might be a life sentence.