Who is the man of lawlessness?

Nov 2019
Upstate NY
The Man of Lawlessness
2 Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers,[a] 2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.

3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,[c] 4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming.

9 The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, 10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, 12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Any takers on:
Who is the man of lawlessness
Who is the restrainer?

Is this happening right now?
If so, what is the rebellion based on?

If we get some interest I will share my theory or take on this, just wanted to see what you guys think of this scripture as it relates to present times, if it relates at all.

My pursuit is to discover who exactly the man of lawlessness, the son of perdition, the antichrist. Is this man plotting evil against us as we speak?

Nov 2012
nirvana
The Man of Lawlessness
2 Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers,[a] 2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come.

3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,[c] 4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming.

9 The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, 10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, 12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Any takers on:
Who is the man of lawlessness
Who is the restrainer?

Is this happening right now?
If so, what is the rebellion based on?

If we get some interest I will share my theory or take on this, just wanted to see what you guys think of this scripture as it relates to present times, if it relates at all.

My pursuit is to discover who exactly the man of lawlessness, the son of perdition, the antichrist. Is this man plotting evil against us as we speak?

1575506376912.png

Feb 2006
California
You forgot one!....

1575506494736.png

Rivlin will consider pardon if Netanyahu resigns, confesses - report
According to the report, Netanyahu has not yet responded to the idea which has been floated by a variety of third parties, though in the past he rejected any talk of a plea deal or pardon.

Trump impeachment: Three law experts tell committee he should be removed

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Almost every one of the reformers, the men that gave birth to protestant Christianity, claimed the POPES were the anti-christ.

Reactions: intangible child
Nov 2019
Upstate NY
Guys, support your position within the confines of the scripture verse (2nd Thess chapter 2) I mentioned i.e. I will give you an example of my take on the situation, please follow suit...

While it is true that no man knows the date or time, we can still postulate based on current world events. Here is my take on it:

Man of sin - Wikipedia

Let me explain: Obama is the man of lawlessness as predicted in Thessalonians:

3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

and a little further down it says this:

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.

Now what he's talking about indicates a rebellion and a man of lawlessness will be revealed after the one who is holding it back will be taken out of the way. This links up with: Obama being the man of lawlessness and Trump is holding back the flood gates. And the rebellion is exactly what we are seeing here on the forum (in constant bickering between the right and rebellious left) and in the news and in society in general. The left is staging the biggest rebellion in human history.

We can start to formulate a theory now.
a) re read the bold sections
b) Obama is the man of lawlessness (the antichrist)
c) The rebellion refers to exactly what the left wing is doing right now
d) Donald Trump is the one who is holding it back (holding back the man of lawlessness and/or evil)

We know this if we look at the langauge:

But in verse 7 he used personal pronouns of the masculine gender to describe the one exercising the power. By this we conclude that whoever is restraining the appearance of the anti-Christ has to be a living entity, not a thing. It refers to a man. And he has to be very powerful since according to verse 9 the anti-Christ’s appearance is a work of Satan.

Nov 2019
Upstate NY
The Obama lawlessness was clearly being black and a Democrat to you.......
The color of his skin has nothing to do with my disgust and disrespect for Obama.

No, that's more of the fact that Obama isnt a valid citizen and had Loretta Fuddy murdered to cover his lies. For example. Oh and maybe the fact that he's using a social security number issued to a Connecticut address.

Dec 2015
Arizona
The color of his skin has nothing to do with my disgust and disrespect for Obama.

No, that's more of the fact that Obama isnt a valid citizen and had Loretta Fuddy murdered to cover his lies. For example. Oh and maybe the fact that he's using a social security number issued to a Connecticut address.
Oooh-boy.......here we go again. Another birther comment: Whatabout Whatabout Whatabout??
AND we're immediately in a time machine moving back to 2008.....because the Trump Dolts can't find any other arguments.
It's a beautiful thing....said no one ever.

Reactions: Lyzza
Sep 2019
U.S.A.

OMFG...you are one of those?

Please place me on ignore.

• Haha
Reactions: Lyzza