"Who tends to have a higher IQ, Democrats or Republicans?"

Dec 2017
USA
You seriously equate a degree w/ IQ?
@Sabcat

That is, in fact, an enormous problem. People have set up these bs institutions where they can attend, earn participation and compliance trophies, keep giving each other (as well as themselves) high fives & pats on the back for activities that are typically less productive than twiddling one's own thumbs--as twiddling one's thumbs isn't corrupting.

This is starting to come down, in the modern age of the internet. The first Domino appear to be the softest of the Humanities, into other areas, pushing up against Social Sciences. In my view, within the next half century (or less, potentially significantly less time), the same will happen in the Science, Math, & Engineering.

May 2018
USA
You seriously equate a degree w/ IQ?
There's a reason for that. IQ doesn't strictly conform to educational attainment, but you don't see many people with IQs of 100 getting degrees in Engineering or Science...the less intelligent folks tend to stick with easier stuff, like journalism, English (teaching degrees are not very demanding unless for higher level), sports medicine, etc. Of course that doesn't mean that a guy with a degree in Sports Medicine can't have an IQ of 160, it's just not as likely as an Engineer having an IQ of 160. And it doesn't mean that all Engineers/Doctors are necessarily super smart either. Look at Ben Carson for example. Somehow he's a brain surgeon, but he's still ignorant/stupid enough to believe the ancient Egyptians used the Pyramids for storing grain (can't make this stuff up).

The average IQ for college professors is 145 (about 60 points higher than the average Trumpanzee). That's significantly higher than the national average of 100.

Dec 2017
USA
Interesting that I'm on the "new american left", especially since I'm a 53 year old moderate. Or perhaps you are so rightwing and so preposterously stupid that you believe in ghosts, demons, ghouls, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, etc. Which is it? Are you just flatout stupid? Since you are a Trumpanzee...well, I kinda have to think you are just a really stupid man.
@GluteusMaximus

Allegorically, those concepts, among others, have tremendous value, and wisdom.

May 2018
USA
The actor James Woods has a very high IQ and is very conservative.
I didn't say ALL Republicans were stupid. And how smart is he REALLY? Any idiot can study for the SAT, which is what Woods bases all his claims for being smart on. Plus if he's so smart why has he damaged his acting career so badly in the last decade? He can't even get a part in a decent A-list movie anymore. Plus he's lost hundreds of thousands in his attempt to become a poker professional. Personally I think he's probably a raging alcoholic.

Dec 2017
USA
No, they don't. They are mythical, make believe. There is no "wisdom" in make believe, only deception. I challenge you to show me one way that belief in ghosts is "wise".
@GluteusMaximus

Would you contend that "The Lord of the Rings" is devoid of meaningful content? Merely a fantasy, with nothing to offer the reader aside from a cheap way to help pass a bit of time as the clock ticks away ever more?

May 2018
USA
@GluteusMaximus

Would you contend that "The Lord of the Rings" is devoid of meaningful content? Merely a fantasy, with nothing to offer the reader aside from a cheap way to help pass a bit of time as the clock ticks away ever more?
Yes, I would. But entertainment has a different value....as long as you enjoy the show is it necessary to learn anything real? Probably not. I enjoy fantasy more than the average guy, but I'm not fooling myself that I'm learning anything of concrete value when I read "Fafhyrd and the Gray Mouser". Is it possible to learn from fiction? Possibly, but I wouldn't count on it.