Who thinks that Gov Northam should resign?

Nov 2018
Inner Space
Yes, you a describing an assumption of guilt standard when you , as a matter of procedure, give the accuser's testimony more credence than the accused.
I think you need to practice your reading skills. I am proposing that NO preference be given to a denial over an accusation. There are three possibilities:
Denial>accusation
Accusation>Denial
Denial=Accusation and Accusation=Denial

Given the private and unusual circumstances of sexual assault, it is time to change the legal dynamic.
If I see someone I know steal my car and he denies it, extreme credibility is given to my testimony. In sexual assault cases, the burden always falls upon the victim to prove her testimony.

Dec 2018
New England
I think you need to practice your reading skills. I am proposing that NO preference be given to a denial over an accusation. There are three possibilities:
Denial>accusation
Accusation>Denial
Denial=Accusation and Accusation=Denial

Given the private and unusual circumstances of sexual assault, it is time to change the legal dynamic.
If I see someone I know steal my car and he denies it, extreme credibility is given to my testimony. In sexual assault cases, the burden always falls upon the victim to prove her testimony.
You're right, I did misread you post (this line, specifically "we would apply greater value to the claim of the victim.")

Can't say I've seen widespread examples of people giving more credence to the accused's word. I do see frustration when a he-said/she-said case goes in favor of the accused.

Dec 2018
New England
Just a thought, but Northam might be taken down because of a foolish, racially insensitive moment over thirty years ago; if that's the new standard, so be it. Yet Barack Obama, on both a voluntarily and weekly basis during that same period and for many years beyond, sat in a church pew with his family listening to the Rev. Jeremiah Wright spew forth some of the most racist, antisemitic nonsense one is likely to ever hear, and we're supposed to be fine with that.

This sins-of-the-past standard has a long way to go.