Who was the best president of the United States?

Jan 2013
Ketchikan Alaska
I personally think Lincoln, F.D.R. and Bill Clinton where the best presidents we've ever had. who do you think the best president we've had was? and why?

Oct 2012
Viking World
My vote would be for George Washington, he was the first and in my opinion most moral and honest president, a founding father who helped draft the constitution. He was also a non-partizan and independent.

Reactions: 1 person
Nov 2012
USA
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="tylercornwall" data-cid="451897" data-time="1357548509">
I personally think Lincoln, F.D.R. and Bill Clinton where the best presidents we've ever had. who do you think the best president we've had was? and why?</blockquote>

Ford was nice and I have the picture of him and my dad the funny thing was I did not know he was who Chevy Chase was making fun of until much later. I never met Carter but Amy was nice even though she was older. I think Carter was best and is doing a good job as an ex-president. If we did as he asked us to we would be out of the Middle East now, the Taliban would've never been installed in Afghanistan, Osama BinLadin would have been killed when he troubled our allies in the Philippines. What a different world we would have now.

Nov 2012
USA
I am happy that Washington decided not to be king, that Lincoln stopped people from owning people forever instead of until their contract was over, and that FDR kept corporations from getting people to sale their souls for a buck. The world I was born into where the people who want to rule others are the bad guys and the good guys fight for freedom, justice and liberty for all are the good guys is a good one. It would be impossible to measure anyone that came after them to them because who will ever be offered a kingship?

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="tylercornwall" data-cid="451897" data-time="1357548509">I personally think Lincoln, F.D.R. and Bill Clinton where the best presidents we've ever had. who do you think the best president we've had was? and why?</blockquote>

FDR. prolonged the Great Depression for 7 years  the rest of the world was out of the depression by 1935..  FDR kept us in the Depression until 1942,

Clinton was a Good President, he knew how to work with the other side of isle..  Him and Gingrich had a chemsitry like   Fred Astaire and Betty Grabel.

Linclon held the Union together..  what is sad is Sherman and Grant had him killed because he was "to Soft on the Rebelious states"    Booth did not die he lived a few miles from my Hometown in Monteagle,Tn where he died of natural causes.

The Greatest POTUS..    Andrew Jackson is on my list, if not for the Trail of Tears.

Harding is the greatest UNHEARLED POTUS 2nd only to Linlcon..   We were in a despirate Depression in 1918,   his policies got us out of the Depression 2 years.  His policies worked so well he created the ROARING TWENTIES.    He cut taxes, Paid off the Debt,  quadrupled Revenue. He did his job nothing more nothing less.

http://mises.org/daily/3788

Instead of "fiscal stimulus," Harding cut the government's budget nearly in half between 1920 and 1922. The rest of Harding's approach was equally laissez-faire. Tax rates were slashed for all income groups. The national debt was reduced by one-third.

The Federal Reserve's activity, moreover, was hardly noticeable. As one economic historian puts it, "Despite the severity of the contraction, the Fed did not move to use its powers to turn the money supply around and fight the contraction."[2] By the late summer of 1921, signs of recovery were already visible. The following year, unemployment was back down to 6.7 percent and it was only 2.4 percent by 1923.

Apr 2009
OHIO
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="tylercornwall" data-cid="451897" data-time="1357548509">I personally think Lincoln, F.D.R. and Bill Clinton where the best presidents we've ever had. who do you think the best president we've had was? and why?</blockquote>

Roosevelt confiscated massive amounts of gold from the poor ass people.  how in the hell do you rank that tyrant among the best?  he put innocent Japanese people in concentration camps.  he prolonged the suffering and torment of my grandparents and in my view is one of the worst in the way of inflicting torture on those who simply just wanted to work and help out the United States and their families.

i wonder how much of great grandpa's gold they stole through executive tyrannical order?  grandpa told me that his dad never would say.  he was too much of a gentleman to explicitly say.

Apr 2009
OHIO
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TNVolunteer73" data-cid="453902" data-time="1357927594"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="tylercornwall" data-cid="451897" data-time="1357548509">I personally think Lincoln, F.D.R. and Bill Clinton where the best presidents we've ever had. who do you think the best president we've had was? and why?</blockquote>

FDR. prolonged the Great Depression for 7 years  the rest of the world was out of the depression by 1935..  FDR kept us in the Depression until 1942,

Clinton was a Good President, he knew how to work with the other side of isle..  Him and Gingrich had a chemsitry like   Fred Astaire and Betty Grabel.

Linclon held the Union together..  what is sad is Sherman and Grant had him killed because he was "to Soft on the Rebelious states"    Booth did not die he lived a few miles from my Hometown in Monteagle,Tn where he died of natural causes.

The Greatest POTUS..    Andrew Jackson is on my list, if not for the Trail of Tears.

Harding is the greatest UNHEARLED POTUS 2nd only to Linlcon..   We were in a despirate Depression in 1918,   his policies got us out of the Depression 2 years.  His policies worked so well he created the ROARING TWENTIES.    He cut taxes, Paid off the Debt,  quadrupled Revenue. He did his job nothing more nothing less.

http://mises.org/daily/3788

Instead of "fiscal stimulus," Harding cut the government's budget nearly in half between 1920 and 1922. The rest of Harding's approach was equally laissez-faire. Tax rates were slashed for all income groups. The national debt was reduced by one-third.

The Federal Reserve's activity, moreover, was hardly noticeable. As one economic historian puts it, "Despite the severity of the contraction, the Fed did not move to use its powers to turn the money supply around and fight the contraction."[2] By the late summer of 1921, signs of recovery were already visible. The following year, unemployment was back down to 6.7 percent and it was only 2.4 percent by 1923.</blockquote>

i too liked jackson's approach to sticking it to the bankers.  my cherokee family lineage precludes me from placing him on my list but i think he had massive cojones when it came to understanding the perils of central and national banking.

lincoln i would suggest (as an alternative theory to the Grant/Sherman one as a possibility) could have been targeted for his ordering the Treasury to print their own money.  possible that kennedy accumulated the same kind of foes.