Who will pay for the roads and other arguments of the STUPID

Feb 2020
Kalifornia
The best roads are privately owned toll roads.

In California, many stretches of public roadway are in disrepair and gridlocked most of the day, but our Toll roads are immaculate.

I always use the Toll roads when available. I love to wave as I zoom by those poor assholes sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic on the public freeways! :D

Nov 2005
California
You can't logic people out of a position they never "logic-ed" themselves into.

This thread is filled with claims by FreeToChoose which are just plain undocumented and unrealistic.
The reality is that if "free market roads" were actually competitive, then they would be documentable as the superior implementation.
But can FreeToChoose or SkyChief show any such modern examples of their desired systems working?
No.

But I suspect they'll have plenty of other undocumented excuses for why they don't. :rolleyes:

Reactions: intangible child
Feb 2020
Kalifornia
But can FreeToChoose or SkyChief show any such modern examples of their desired systems working?
No.
I just gave you an example of how the Free Market is working in California in post #22.

Toll roads vs public roads.

Privately owned Toll roads are better maintained, safer, and no traffic.

Nov 2005
California
I just gave you an example of how the Free Market is working in California in post #22.
An anonymous person making claims on the internet with no independent corroboration isn't much of an "example".

You talked about "best roads are privately owned toll roads" and now specify California, with no elaboration. No details.
And for this, note I'm focusing on PRIVATELY OWNED claim, which I assume you mean that the government does not own the road, but rather some other entity owns the road.

In comparing government public roads vs government toll roads, I would think it entirely possible that the government toll road could be better.
But the claim of PRIVATELY OWNED is the part you need to document.

Reactions: intangible child

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Ultimately, it’s not the government that’s robbing you. It’s us, the majority of citizens who’ve given them the authority to tax you and to throw you in jail if you elect not to pay those taxes.

When you blame government you’re only shooting the messenger.
And therein lies the blessing and the curse of democratic governments.

Reactions: Clara007
Feb 2006
California
I had Walmart stock and it split several times and did me well. I have never been in a Walmart though, I prefer Target. No one is forcing you to use food stamps at Walmart. So you like welfare and food stamps? And you think wage regulation will help? Are you a fan of Universal Basic Income?

And you never answered my question about the Middle Class.
An anonymous person making claims on the internet with no independent corroboration isn't much of an "example".

You talked about "best roads are privately owned toll roads" and now specify California, with no elaboration. No details.
And for this, note I'm focusing on PRIVATELY OWNED claim, which I assume you mean that the government does not own the road, but rather some other entity owns the road.

In comparing government public roads vs government toll roads, I would think it entirely possible that the government toll road could be better.
But the claim of PRIVATELY OWNED is the part you need to document.
It's all brain dead shit, they want it that way so they can scam We the People!

There are relatively few private highways in the United States, compared to other parts of the world.

Are California toll roads privately owned?

The Toll Roads are owned by the state of California and operated by The Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA). ... The Toll Roads were built with virtually no taxpayer dollars.

Jul 2014
massachusetts

Another myth of the "Free Market".
Toll roads are common, private toll roads are exceedingly rare.
There was one privately owned toll road in California that operated from 1997 to 2003.