Who will pay for the roads and other arguments of the STUPID

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Another myth of the "Free Market".
Toll roads are common, private toll roads are exceedingly rare.
There was one privately owned toll road in California that operated from 1997 to 2003.
You just saved me a Google search. I was going to fact check that statement. Well done.

Nov 2005
California
Another myth of the "Free Market".
Toll roads are common, private toll roads are exceedingly rare.
There was one privately owned toll road in California that operated from 1997 to 2003.
This matches my research as well, including the time-frame for when it was declared to be a problem...

While California has *TOLL ROADS* and I suspect that the tolls help make sure they are better maintained, *PRIVATE* toll roads in California is something I think doesn't really exist currently...

Dec 2018
New England
And therein lies the blessing and the curse of democratic governments.
Indeed. The framers wanted to protect us from "the tyranny of majority," but at the end of the day the created a system that doesn't.

Jan 2020
Congo Free State, Africa
Stupid people arguing again? Oh, my. Here's how it works:

I'll listen to what you have to say. Wise.
I'm right and don't care what you have to say. Stupid.

choose-wisely.jpg

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Back to the pandemic. Are you opposed to our government's involvement in the research and development of vaccines?
Sorry, I missed your post. Yes, I am because it is a fake government created pandemic and no, I would never take any of their vaccines. I have stated many times recently that I am overdue for getting the flu and need to catch it since I believe being sick every few years makes the body stronger.

Jun 2018
Toronto
I just feel deep sympathy for his mother, who had to drag him every day to the communist oppressive school; whining, kicking and screaming ... but it was the greatest school on earth.

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
I just feel deep sympathy for his mother, who had to drag him every day to the communist oppressive school; whining, kicking and screaming ... but it was the greatest school on earth.
Actually, you make a good point. Schooling should not be mandatory or run by government. Schooling should be the job of the parents or that of the community only if the parents agree to it.