Who's guilty of what?

Sep 2019
Here
It was a joke don't get all boom-lowering on him. I'd give it 5/10 :)

...and this place can use some humor here and there.
5/10? Come one man, you know you'd like your lady to suggest buying more tools. As well as at least some of the other stuff.

Feb 2014
Oregon
That's not THE best I can bring. Don't be a drama queen. It was a joke.

An honest joke.
:lol: :lol: :lol: It is funny what will set other people off. I know sometimes someone will say something and get a very reactionary response from me. Clara and I just have different triggers. I hope we can all laugh at ourselves because yeah, things can get pretty uptight when we can't laugh at ourselves.

Reactions: YoursTruly
Feb 2014
Oregon
5/10? Come on man, you know you'd like your lady to suggest buying more tools. As well as at least some of the other stuff.
Okay, I will argue with you now. My X was far more interested in cars and motorcycles than he was interested in me, so I began a class for females who wanted to learn how to work on cars. I thought that would give us something in common. I even overhauled a small car engine. Had I been a guy he would have enjoyed these projects with me. But he strongly resented his wife trying to wear the pants in the family and competing with him. I don't think guys want their wives to be like men. :lol:

Eventually, we decided living together was not a good idea. To my horror, he took the tools with them. Have you ever tried to fix things with what we have in the kitchen for making meals? :zany:

Reactions: leekohler2
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
You're actually bringing political affiliation into this? Seriously?

Priceless
It is a logical connectiton... typically the religious conservative views men as more valuable than women and disparages rights of those injured by males.(usually white males BTW, although I do not know the demographics of the men in this situation)

Reactions: leekohler2
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
I would ask WTF are you talking about, but since your post directed at me has NOTHING to do with what I said, you can kiss my ass and we'll call it a day.
Ok. so I will re-cap the discussion:

In a thread dealing with statutory rape of underage girls you posted:
When I was 14 I had my date of birth memorized - the one that made me 18. I got jobs and never had a problem getting into places that said you had to be least 18 to enter. I looked and acted older than I was. Nobody was none the wiser.
I responded with:
I'm sorry. Are you suggesting that you were a girl involved in sex with adults during your teens?
Furthermore, what does an anecdote about one person's life experience 50(+/-) years ago have to do with the current discussion?
So, again I repeat my questions....as you seem to be justifying the behavior of the alleged perpetrators..

Sep 2019
NYC
If a person is finding excuses for adults having sex with children AND the person is a conservative, seems like that fulfills the requirements of my premise.

Ahh so your simple minded argument is one you are proud of? No one is making excuses for it, if someone defrauds you are you guilty if that fraud led you do unknowingly commit a crime? grow up with your argument, conservatives nor liberals advocate for having sex with children.

Reactions: YoursTruly and LTP
Sep 2019
NYC
It is a logical connectiton... typically the religious conservative views men as more valuable than women and disparages rights of those injured by males.(usually white males BTW, although I do not know the demographics of the men in this situation)

You are insane. John wayne gacey, democrat captain, Gerry studds and his underage paige, Bill fucking clinton on the lolita express, Menendez alleged underage peurto rican hookers, I can go on and on, but it's not a political affiliation thing, stop trying to make it one.

Reactions: YoursTruly and LTP
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Ahh so your simple minded argument is one you are proud of? No one is making excuses for it, if someone defrauds you are you guilty if that fraud led you do unknowingly commit a crime? grow up with your argument, conservatives nor liberals advocate for having sex with children.
Again, you apparently do not understand "defraud". Please look that up.
You seem to be arguing that these men were "tricked" in having sex with underage girls. Perhaps your argument is that underage girls should inform adults of their age. That is not how it works.
Consider the purchase of alcohol or tobacco--- it is the job of the adult side of the transaction to prove that the sale is not prohibited. Sex with children is illegal in most states and countries. Not a hard concept. Adult males need to protect themselves from any sexual encounter that might involve underage females for whatever reason that might be occurring (prostitution, coerced slavery, or even infatuation by the female for the male).

Sep 2019
NYC
Again, you apparently do not understand "defraud". Please look that up.
You seem to be arguing that these men were "tricked" in having sex with underage girls. Perhaps your argument is that underage girls should inform adults of their age. That is not how it works.
Consider the purchase of alcohol or tobacco--- it is the job of the adult side of the transaction to prove that the sale is not prohibited. Sex with children is illegal in most states and countries. Not a hard concept. Adult males need to protect themselves from any sexual encounter that might involve underage females for whatever reason that might be occurring (prostitution, coerced slavery, or even infatuation by the female for the male).

If a girl, 16 sets up a facebook page, lies about her age, tells everyone she's a studend of age and fakes it to the point of memorizing classes and professors, her intent is what? not to defraud?

So you are saying college kids need to check id's of their peers? that seems not likely.

Reactions: YoursTruly
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
You are insane. John wayne gacey, democrat captain, Gerry studds and his underage paige, Bill fucking clinton on the lolita express, Menendez alleged underage peurto rican hookers, I can go on and on, but it's not a political affiliation thing, stop trying to make it one.
Mostly "conservatives" in this thread have been excusing the behavior of the men.
Your examples do not apply unless you can demonstrate that these individuals were involved with UNDERAGE girls. Last I read, there was no Menendez underage prostitute exploitation. However, if there were, and you were opposed to that, you should not be defending statutory rape.