Who's guilty of what?

Sep 2019
NYC
Mostly "conservatives" in this thread have been excusing the behavior of the men.
Your examples do not apply unless you can demonstrate that these individuals were involved with UNDERAGE girls. Last I read, there was no Menendez underage prostitute exploitation. However, if there were, and you were opposed to that, you should not be defending statutory rape.
Gerry studds?

really?

When he returned from his abusive relationship of an underage page, democrats gave him a standing ovation.

I am not defending statutory rape, there is no mens rea. No guilty mind, they didnt set out to have sex with underage women, and at least one of them actively defrauded the men into sex with what they believed was a person who was of age.

Reactions: YoursTruly
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
If a girl, 16 sets up a facebook page, lies about her age, tells everyone she's a studend of age and fakes it to the point of memorizing classes and professors, her intent is what? not to defraud?

So you are saying college kids need to check id's of their peers? that seems not likely.
You still are misusing "defraud".
You cannot "defraud" someone to commit a crime.
A person might be misled or wrongly informed or given false information about the legality of an actiivty, but that is not a fraud.
Ignorance of circumstances and ignorance of the law is not an excuse.
Otherwise, a bank robber could claim:
"Someone posted that the bank is giving away free money to anyone pretending to rob the bank" as an affirmative defense.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
An 20-something male should be able to tell the difference between a 13-15 year old and a 19 year old.
This is just not realistic. A 13 year old may be fully sexually mature and look a lot older. Tehey may be mature mentally as well and that can throw you off as well. I don't think its as easy as you are making it out to be

I do think there is something to the argument that if someone underage lies about their age and has sex with someone, how can you go back and charge that person if they had no idea? Unless there is evidence that they did know.

Reactions: YoursTruly
Sep 2019
NYC
You still are misusing "defraud".
You cannot "defraud" someone to commit a crime.
A person might be misled or wrongly informed or given false information about the legality of an actiivty, but that is not a fraud.
Ignorance of circumstances and ignorance of the law is not an excuse.
Otherwise, a bank robber could claim:
"Someone posted that the bank is giving away free money to anyone pretending to rob the bank" as an affirmative defense.

So you are saying a 16 year old girl can show you a fake id, and you would still be a rapist if you had sex with her? does that sound right to you?

Reactions: YoursTruly and LTP
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Gerry studds?

really?

When he returned from his abusive relationship of an underage page, democrats gave him a standing ovation.

I am not defending statutory rape, there is no mens rea. No guilty mind, they didnt set out to have sex with underage women, and at least one of them actively defrauded the men into sex with what they believed was a person who was of age.
Better get your facts clear on the Congressional Page Scandal:

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
So you are saying a 16 year old girl can show you a fake id, and you would still be a rapist if you had sex with her? does that sound right to you?
Probably. Fake ID does not protect venders from illegal alcohol or tobacco sales.
Would it be lawful to have sex with a 9 year old who happened to have a "fake ID"?

LTP

Mar 2018
Grayson
Ok. so I will re-cap the discussion:

In a thread dealing with statutory rape of underage girls you posted:

I responded with:

So, again I repeat my questions....as you seem to be justifying the behavior of the alleged perpetrators..
I do not dignify your stupidity with any response. You are a sick, demented troll and anything you say to me should be in PM.

LTP

Mar 2018
Grayson
You are insane. John wayne gacey, democrat captain, Gerry studds and his underage paige, Bill fucking clinton on the lolita express, Menendez alleged underage peurto rican hookers, I can go on and on, but it's not a political affiliation thing, stop trying to make it one.
Don't argue with idiots. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Reactions: ReverendHellh0und
Sep 2019
NYC
Don't argue with idiots. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I just miss forums glory days where people actually put effort into both discussions and insults, now its all tribal mindless regurgitation and meh insults.

"derp you trumpanzee" is meh.

Reactions: LTP