Who's guilty of what?

Sep 2019
Here
No, not really. Only in the mind of a conservative apparently. Statutory rape is not dependent upon gender. Perhaps your parenting techniques need to be looked at by Child Protective Services in your county.
Maybe Child Protective Services can suck my balls. My kids are grown and have turned out pretty well. I have very few complaints.

Sep 2019
Here
Except they weren't walking into a store and buying it, were they? Or maybe you provided them with fake IDs so they could? He wasn't talking about what you allow your kids to do (which I agree with, BTW), he was talking about the liability of store clerks who sell alcohol.
I know what he was talking about. And his point wasn't any closer to the subject than my point was.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
I am ESPECIALLY opposed to the rule of law that tells me how to raise my own kids. You bet yo ass on that, bub. The government can't even get education right. Much less parenting.
Yes, there's laws against selling to minors. That's why they get adults to buy it for them, if they don't have fake ID's.

Dayum dude, were you raised in a bubble, a cave or a convent? WTH, you act like you've never done anything fun.
Funny thing, when I was 16, me and my 16 year old girlfriend were screwing like rabbits. Why? Because it was fun. We got drunk, because it was fun. We went to parties, because it was fun.
The law be dayumed.
Luckily, there are laws to address the abuse of children by certain parents, including those adults who think that drug, alcohol, sexual activity, and corporal punishment represent good parenting decisions.
Sex between underage, non-adults is typically treated differently. That activity by children does not validate or exculpate sex between adults and underage.
And, once again, your childhood sexual activity is irrelevant to me and the discussion, although it may be important to your local VD clinic.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Maybe Child Protective Services can suck my balls. My kids are grown and have turned out pretty well. I have very few complaints.
I doubt that CPS would be able find anyone interested in doing that to your anatomy. So far as your parenting decisions go, all I can say is that the human spirit is capable of overcoming huge obstacles.

Many lowbrow conservatives seem to think that reproduction automatically makes them experts on child behavior, psychology, and best parenting techniques. The only naturally occurring feature of human pregnancy and reproduction is ignorance and ignorance is the primary problem parents confront raising children.

Sep 2019
Here
I doubt that CPS would be able find anyone interested in doing that to your anatomy. So far as your parenting decisions go, all I can say is that the human spirit is capable of overcoming huge obstacles.

Many lowbrow conservatives seem to think that reproduction automatically makes them experts on child behavior, psychology, and best parenting techniques. The only naturally occurring feature of human pregnancy and reproduction is ignorance and ignorance is the primary problem parents confront raising children.
Without spirit, what do you have? A library of laws?
And low brow liberals seem to think that government can raise kids better than parents.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Without spirit, what do you have? A library of laws?
And low brow liberals seem to think that government can raise kids better than parents.
That is a nice pivot but unrelated to my statement. I am not arguing for government raising children.
I am acknowledging, as you should, that just because someone is a parent, they do not necessarily know much about raising kids. In fact, very few parents learn ANYTHING about child-rearing and depend upon just doing what was done to them, or "intuition" .... which explains the perpetuation of child abuse, spousal abuse, and corporal punishment in general.
Commonly, conservatives are convinced that there is nothing to be learned because what was done previously was the best of all parenting styles. That is consistent with the love of tradition and the belief in the "good old days" that also typifies the conservative (reactionary, perhaps red-neck, or whatever you want to choose) personality and politics.

Sep 2019
Here
That is a nice pivot but unrelated to my statement. I am not arguing for government raising children.
I am acknowledging, as you should, that just because someone is a parent, they do not necessarily know much about raising kids. In fact, very few parents learn ANYTHING about child-rearing and depend upon just doing what was done to them, or "intuition" .... which explains the perpetuation of child abuse, spousal abuse, and corporal punishment in general.
Well, now that we've all deduced the obvious, maybe we could get back to the point of all this. You're little jabs are also obvious. It's like you're talking to me, but looking at someone else. WTF is that?

Commonly, conservatives are convinced that there is nothing to be learned because what was done previously was the best of all parenting styles. That is consistent with the love of tradition and the belief in the "good old days" that also typifies the conservative (reactionary, perhaps red-neck, or whatever you want to choose) personality and politics.
Commonly, you liberals seem to overlook the obvious. As in there's a HUGE difference between a republican and a conservative.
A conservative: Justin Amash
A Republican: Donald "bump stock" Trump
Trying to put them both in the same box won't work with me, pal.

BTW, it doesn't matter if your parents are republican, conservative, liberal or democrats, you can still be a slut. One of the biggest sluts I knew in high school was a liberal preachers daughter.

Feb 2014
Oregon
Mostly "conservatives" in this thread have been excusing the behavior of the men.
Your examples do not apply unless you can demonstrate that these individuals were involved with UNDERAGE girls. Last I read, there was no Menendez underage prostitute exploitation. However, if there were, and you were opposed to that, you should not be defending statutory rape.
The rules were very simple when marriage came before having sex and adultery was considered wrong. I think there are good reasons for these rules based in nature. Especially in civilizations where children do not have the support of the whole tribe, I think the rules of sex and marriage are important.

Reactions: imaginethat
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Well, now that we've all deduced the obvious, maybe we could get back to the point of all this. You're little jabs are also obvious. It's like you're talking to me, but looking at someone else. WTF is that?

Commonly, you liberals seem to overlook the obvious. As in there's a HUGE difference between a republican and a conservative.
A conservative: Justin Amash
A Republican: Donald "bump stock" Trump
Trying to put them both in the same box won't work with me, pal.

BTW, it doesn't matter if your parents are republican, conservative, liberal or democrats, you can still be a slut. One of the biggest sluts I knew in high school was a liberal preachers daughter.
There are clear characteristics of the spectrum of conservatism that show a pattern.
There is no need for changing the discussion. The primary issue is the behavior of the men who decided that sex with young girls was OK. I cannot speak to your experience in high school, but your reliance on anecdote and slut shaming once again demonstrates you do not have a good understanding of the issue.

Reactions: leekohler2