Why are most Republicans against education?

Dec 2015
Arizona
I find it interesting that rather than ask if there's some truth to it, your go to is to dismiss it altogether instead. My ex-wife is an educator and teaches at a high school. During her time she had enlightened me to a number of cases where things get said to impressionable minds by the teachers. Examples according to her, "I almost got hit on my way to school today by an asian driver. I swear they live up to their stereotype." "So how many people are going to vote when you're old enough? I hope you choose to vote for the right people who want to make the world a better place like Obama." "Your parents are republicans? I'm sorry."

I've heard countless examples over the years and if you or anyone thinks that a teachers bias doesn't come out from time to time, then you're either naive or being disingenuous. Teachers may not all be trying to "indoctrinate" the kids, but there are far more democratic party teachers/instructors than GOP. I used to think it was because most people who really want to make money, tend to lean towards GOP and most who want to make the world a better place and don't care about money, tend to be democrats. Now, I just think those who can't do, teach and many of the idiots who went through college with a degree in philosophy, child development, social work, or any educational studies are destined to either be baristas at a local starbucks or get a job teaching their useless knowledge to the next generation. I look at it like this, you are a teacher or instructor...you have the attention of every student 5 days a week for a period of time. If you sat there and blurted out that you hate people who keep their blinkers on and don't change lanes....the kids will hear that and some may adopt that idea as well. If you say it every week at least once, more kids will adopt it. If you make comments like the crazy GOP is doing.....XXXX every week, you're literally influencing the kids minds and decisions. I just wish you could be honest about it and admit that sometimes things come out that probably are your own biased opinion and you shouldn't be directly or indirectly influencing them. The teachers and instructors job is to educate the specific lesson according to the plan or district...not influence their political party.

Now as for the rest who still want to deny it, I really believe you can't differentiate what is and isn't bias and it may be time to head back to school and learn.
Of course I dismiss it. Because I never saw it happen. NOT IN 40 years...but I'll give an inch and say that teaching high school is another ball of wax. If students ask a teacher (point-blank) 'who are you going to vote for?' then I can see a back and forth between students and adults. IF the teacher is a decent role model he/she SHOULD say "why do you ask?" or "why don't we have a Socratic Seminar on this subject--a debate".
You could be right about the slip-ups and/or biased opinions. A lot of high school seniors are 18 yrs old and are certainlly interested in what their mentors are thinking politically.
AND I can assure you of something else. IF a student went home and told his parents that Mrs. Jones said to vote for Obama? those parents would come barreling into school so fast your head would swim and there would be HELL to pay for Mrs. Jones.
It is unprofessional to influence a child in any way--politically or religiously---and a teacher WOULD never get away with that if the students reported it. It's grounds for dismissal if proven.
I completely agree with you. It IS the educator's job to teach the specific curriculum and that is what the majority of teachers do. That's what they do because they are evaluated by local, state and federal standardized testing and their paychecks are TIED to that testing. That's what they do because their days are highly structured and they are observed by any number of people throughout the day.

Jun 2019
NC
America needs plumbers too!
If higher education was offered freely to anyone who was ambitious enough to go for it and better themselves wouldn't we be a better country for it, a more productive country, where people were not held down from moving up) forward due to lack of finances? And what's wrong with blue-collar workers having more of an education than only their trade?

Last edited:
Jun 2019
NC
complete and utter garbage. The black commuinity has had issues with polices for decades. You would too if your kind was being harassed and murdered while unarmed, meanwhile many of the armed white school shooters who just murdered dozens or more are taken peacefully.

Have you ever hear of NWA and "Fuck the Police". That was in the 90s, long before Obama

Yeah, Obama is to blame, not the cops that murder unarmed black people and harass them constantly. Proves you have no credibility saying such nonsense as that. Why does the right think they can make such obvious lies and pretend they are making an argument?
Because that's been the status quo since the beginning and what they're used to. Why do you think they're fighting so hard to keep it. Control, my friend is never given away, it is taken.

Dec 2012
California
complete and utter garbage. The black commuinity has had issues with polices for decades. You would too if your kind was being harassed and murdered while unarmed, meanwhile many of the armed white school shooters who just murdered dozens or more are taken peacefully.

Have you ever hear of NWA and "Fuck the Police". That was in the 90s, long before Obama

Yeah, Obama is to blame, not the cops that murder unarmed black people and harass them constantly. Proves you have no credibility saying such nonsense as that. Why does the right think they can make such obvious lies and pretend they are making an argument?
What did Obimbo and Black caucus do in his 8 years to rectify that glaring problem? Can you say...didly-squat?

Dec 2012
California
If higher education was offered freely to anyone who was ambitious enough to go for it and better themselves wouldn't we be a better country for it, a more productive country, where people were not held down from moving up) forward due to lack of finances? And what's wrong with blue-collar workers having more of an education than only their trade?
How about getting the Fed. government out of the college business? Bettering yourself is a noble endeavor but, it also comes with personal responsibility that should not be transferred to others for support.

Dec 2012
California
Of course I dismiss it. Because I never saw it happen. NOT IN 40 years...but I'll give an inch and say that teaching high school is another ball of wax. If students ask a teacher (point-blank) 'who are you going to vote for?' then I can see a back and forth between students and adults. IF the teacher is a decent role model he/she SHOULD say "why do you ask?" or "why don't we have a Socratic Seminar on this subject--a debate".
You could be right about the slip-ups and/or biased opinions. A lot of high school seniors are 18 yrs old and are certainlly interested in what their mentors are thinking politically.
AND I can assure you of something else. IF a student went home and told his parents that Mrs. Jones said to vote for Obama? those parents would come barreling into school so fast your head would swim and there would be HELL to pay for Mrs. Jones.
It is unprofessional to influence a child in any way--politically or religiously---and a teacher WOULD never get away with that if the students reported it. It's grounds for dismissal if proven.
I completely agree with you. It IS the educator's job to teach the specific curriculum and that is what the majority of teachers do. That's what they do because they are evaluated by local, state and federal standardized testing and their paychecks are TIED to that testing. That's what they do because their days are highly structured and they are observed by any number of people throughout the day.
So those school children, while in school, singing the praises of their teachers Messiah (Obimbo) was just an anomaly?

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Republicans are not against education.

This is why we want to open opportunities for all to have the choice of where they go to school....

Democrats have decided that Black Brown and Hispanics deserve the worst schools in the nation.

Just look at the worst Schools in Chicago, LA, NY, San Fran etc.. look where the Minorities live.

I can understand a school being bad, but the schools in minority districts in cities that have been run by democrats for decades, year in and year out, are the districts that the minority students are REQUIRED TO GO.. and the Democrats have opposed any effort to allow them access to better schools.

Republicans are for education, we just don't support a FAILED school system..

May 2018
Chicago
Last edited:
Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN

Love your article

1. he drew a picture made a Blueprint
2. He collected Data
3. He gave $163 million dollars to community orginizers to register voters
4. He dismantled police protection for the districts
5. He purchased cameras for the police
6. He traveled the nation and talked

THIS DID WHAT TO IMPROVE EDUCATION IN MINORITY DISTRICTS? not even didley-squat.