Why are the smartest Christians smarter than the smartest Atheists?

Mar 2008
australia
Amazing precise by their measurements. Your knee jerking is betraying your intellect.

At the age of 16 Andrew Magdy Kamal scored 295.67+222+205+240+196 on the Cattell Cultural III Assessment, Binnet SB 5th Scale, Cerebral Society's IAW Scale, A.C.E. Viper Scale, and Mensa Gifted Scale, respectively. The collective score was 1158.67 for an average of 231.734.

Andrew was 16yo. What is so hard to see "by an adult" as a category?
2 years later, andrews IQ suddenly dropped by 33.734
once you get over about 180, IQ measurements are pretty much completely unreliable
so, i am still not taking it seriously.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Alright let's look at this

1. This is a 2015 list is on scottmsullivan.com. When you go to scottmsullivan.com the big banner across the front of the page is "Classical Theist. Train your mind for Christ's sake." Dr. Scott M. Sullivan himself has a degree in Philosophy from The University of Saint Thomas, a catholic university in Houston.

2. The article states, "Steve Williams at the examiner has an article that says that out of 10 highest IQ’s on earth, at least 8 are Theists, at least 6 are Christians." Do yourself a favor and click on the Steve Williams link and see where it takes you. Unless my computer is broken, and it very well could be, it takes me to a generic website landing page.

3. In the line I just posted, it makes the case that Steve Williams has a list of the definitive 10 highest IQ's on earth and 8 of them are theists. But in the very next paragraph it states, "Some notable intellectuals who believe in God and made the list are." and then lists 9 individuals. If the article indeed had 8/10 smartest people in the world as theists, why not just list those 8 and those 10. Why instead did they say "We have a list of 8/10 people, but some of the people are below and we're going to name 9 of them.

4. There is no introduction, no methodology, no analysis, and no conclusion. Hell, outside of the one broken link, there is not a single citation. How exactly am I to understand how this Dr. of Philosophy from the prestigious St. Thomas University was able to obtain the IQ levels and theology of the most intelligent people on the entire planet?

5. If you want to understand the correlation between religiosity and intelligence, I recommend studying it, not posting an article from some guys blog. Here are some helpful tools
SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000238
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289611000912?via=ihub
(PDF) The relationship between intelligence and religiosity: A critical review of the literature.

6. Let's say there was a direct correlation between religiosity and intelligence. What does it tell us? Does it mean believing in god makes you smarter? No. It tells us that one series of events in life have a connection to another. That's it. If I found a direct correlation between people who live in Texas and consumption of purple pop cycles, does it mean people in Texas like the color purple? No. It means it's fucking hot in Texas.

7. If you're an atheist and you read an article that says atheists are generally more intelligent than theists, does that mean you're more intelligent? No. If you're a theist and you find a blog from a catholic philosopher siting some other guy we don't have access to that says "8 of the 10 smartest people are theists" and provides no source material to support the claims does that make you smarter than atheists? Lol good god, no.

Nov 2005
California
The article lists some people (falsely claiming they were the highest IQs) and makes a vague claim that 8 of them were theists...
But then, that's it. No other data points provided...

It would be interesting to see their opinions on other issues that Christians too often buck science on like:
a) Evolution
b) Global warming
c) Man's impact on global warming
d) Their belief / disbelief of a specific religion like Christianity...

Note: I am not saying Christians are stupid.
I am just pointing out that the whole approach of the article is flawed and for those that truly believe in the approach of the article they should apply it to other areas...

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
The article lists some people (falsely claiming they were the highest IQs) and makes a vague claim that 8 of them were theists...
But then, that's it. No other data points provided...

It would be interesting to see their opinions on other issues that Christians too often buck science on like:
a) Evolution
b) Global warming
c) Man's impact on global warming
d) Their belief / disbelief of a specific religion like Christianity...

Note: I am not saying Christians are stupid.
I am just pointing out that the whole approach of the article is flawed and for those that truly believe in the approach of the article they should apply it to other areas...
I'm not even going that far because if we want to have a discussion on religiosity and intelligence, it should start with an article that has a fragment of credibility. If we can start there, then we can talk about the implications.

Sep 2017
Hell
2 years later, andrews IQ suddenly dropped by 33.734
once you get over about 180, IQ measurements are pretty much completely unreliable
so, i am still not taking it seriously.
So tell me how that is related to you not understanding that his high score was achieved as a minor, and because of his later score as an adult dropped enough then it is all bullshit?

Point being you ridiculed the article because of "adult" without thinking it through. You got called out. Live with it with dignity. Don't be a jackass like Biff and start making up and assigning arguments.

Mar 2008
australia
So tell me how that is related to you not understanding that his high score was achieved as a minor, and because of his later score as an adult dropped enough then it is all bullshit?

Point being you ridiculed the article because of "adult" without thinking it through. You got called out. Live with it with dignity. Don't be a jackass like Biff and start making up and assigning arguments.
this thread doesnt deserve to be taken seriously, so i dont. yes, i am being a jackass, entirely on purpose, because this thread is a joke.