Why Are Women SO Pissed?

Dec 2017
USA
are you sure? because idk what thread you have been reading.....
@Lyzza

Clara stated she cannot understand why some Americans appear to have a deep issue with dispensing the statute of limitations and due process for court proceedings. However, I think that may be from another thread, come to think of it, titled "Not all women are a monolith"

Feb 2014
Oregon
@Athena

You are correct about different social norms between the sexes in different cultures. Modern Western men are the ones allowing themselves to become disempowered serfs, and need to put an end to it by establishing a reasonable order between the genders, as well as rules that apply inside of ones own gender. The only way I can (currently) see this being accomplished is through in-group policing, from both males & females.
Thank you for saying that. We might both get thrown out of here, but I do have my concerns about being too civilized. Personally, I think those Roman soldiers in their leather and metal uniforms are sexy and there is a reason women find Trump very appealing. I don't, but I can understand the appeal. We tend to choose presidents with a high testosterone level and these men tend to have affairs. They have a need to assert their dominance and we have a need for them. On the other hand, when a woman acts like them, some will be attracted to her, but many will attack her viciously for being a shrew. Part of the fun of life is our differences and the interplay between our differences.

Feb 2014
Oregon
@Lyzza

Clara stated she cannot understand why some Americans appear to have a deep issue with dispensing the statute of limitations and due process for court proceedings. However, I think that may be from another thread, come to think of it, titled "Not all women are a monolith"
Research has proven beautiful people are more likely to be found innocent than ugly people, who are more likely to be found guilty. Our judgment of others is far from as perfect as we would like it to be. Those in favor of abortion are more likely to think Kavanaugh is guilty of sexual abuse because they were wanting a good reason to get rid of him. Our judgment is influenced by many things and when time passes between the event and when others care about it, the judgment becomes more and more about what people think is possible, than the remembered "facts" which can very questionable 15 years later. And for goodness sake, a person can change a lot in 15 years and I don't think we should limit our judgment of another on one event in that person's life.

Feb 2014
Oregon
I actually love women, have since the 3rd grade. Most of my friends are women. A major downside to this is that it takes them forever to make a decision; I remember being in San Fran and we were going to go to a restaurant on Fisherman's Warf, we spent over an hour going from restaurant to restaurant reading menus before she could make up her mind and even then she really wasn't sure. She was also a dedicated shopper, this one time we were on Lincoln Ave. or Clark St. and she sees this store with mainly purses in the window, so in we went, after about 30 min she decides she's not really sure what to buy, so we leave, and about a week later she decides she wants to go back and purchase this nice leather bag type purse that one could carry over their shoulder, well guess what, it had been purchased by someone who could make up their mind. She was heart broken. I was tempted but I refrained from saying "I told you so." However that woman was a great cook, and really, really loved sex but I digress.:)

Men such as yourself have a place in life, but you do not appear to be a family man to me. Actually very few men seem to be ideal family men. That leads to moments when a woman may want to be with someone who thinks of the restaurant, the benefit of the ordeal of shopping with a woman and then the sex. That is the kind of thing many husbands fail to think is important. They may think because they pay the bills, they have done their share in the relationship and that they have paid a woman to be pleasing to him, totally killing the romance essential to that good sex and her desire to please him.

We might say you are the forbidden desert that we all need from time to time. While the husband is the healthy meal that sustains the whole family. :lol: He is a healthy meal, but not a very tasty one. What is important about having the husband is that the children are doing well. It is great if the marriage is to a guy who understands what you know, but a woman is unlikely to be that lucky and now that she can support herself, the divorce rate is high.

Dec 2013
Everything is going to be OK
absolutely nothing to do with what i posted.

nothing.

get a grip Sabcat.
You posted a photo a a little girl standing nose to nose w/ a soldier (or cop) who obviously had orders to no engage. This is no more brave than a chick standing up to a man at any time as it is not culturally acceptable for men to defend themselves against women.

Yes, it is being treated special.

There are special rules for women in both our society and our courts.

Women (especially white women) are by far the most privileged creatures in our society.

YOU GET A GRIP

Nov 2005
California
That is hilarious.
You do understand that is an excellent example of how women (what ever the fuck they are) demand special treatment.
This is so intellectually dishonest it isn't even funny...
It's not that women "demand" special treatment.
BOTH men and women insert gender norm ideology which creates a separate treatment. With men being ridiculed (by other men) if they report such things by to proclamations of what a man has to endure to be considered as a man.

Regardless, your reply has absolutely nothing to do with Lyzza's actual original point.

There are special rules for women in both our society and our courts.
Your reasoning is so specious it isn't even funny.
By this logic, before the civil war there were "special rules" for whites and blacks, so that must mean that blacks "demanded" it.

Women (especially white women) are by far the most privileged creatures in our society.
You're such a victim, aintcha...
#sarcasm

Men and women have different areas that they are treated differently. But to blindly assume that makes them "privileged" is stupid.
All one has to do is recognize the glass ceiling in various areas.
Just 24 female CEOs lead the companies on the 2018 Fortune 500—fewer than last year
Analysis | For every woman in political office in the United States, there are three men.

Feb 2014
Oregon
A charivari, also variously called a skimmington ride and riding the stang, is a historical folk custom expressing public disapproval of personal behavior. Domestic violence was a common motive for a charivari. A man who beat his wife in southern England early in the nineteenth century could awaken at night to a noisy crowd, dancing in a frenzy around a bonfire outside his door. They would be “a motley assembly with hand-bells, gongs, cow-horns, whistles, tin kettles, rattles, bones, {and} frying-pans.” An orator would identify the wife-beater’s house with a signal chant:

The practices of charivari varied across time and place. But no evidence exists of a charivari that targeted a wife who had been beaten by her husband. If the husband beat the wife, the husband was the subject of the charivari.

The husband, in contrast, was also the subject of the charivari if he was beaten by his wife. In France about 1400, husbands beaten by their wives were “paraded on an ass, face to tail.”[3] In England, a mural in Montacute House(constructed about 1598) shows a wife beating her husband with a shoe and then a crowd parading the husband on a cowlstaff. Samuel Pepys recorded in his diary, 10 June 1667: “in the afternoon took boat and down to Greenwich, where I find the stairs full of people, there being a great riding there to-day for a man, the constable of the town, whose wife beat him.”[4] A Frenchman who traveled in England reported in 1698:

I have sometimes met in the streets of London a woman carrying a figure of straw representing a man, crown’d with very ample horns, preceded by a drum, and followed by a mob, making a most grating noise with tongs, grid-irons, frying-pans, and sauce-pans. I asked what was the meaning of all this; they told me that a woman had given her husband a sound beating, for accusing her of making him a cuckold, and that upon such occasions some kind neighbour of the poor innocent injur’d creature generally performed this ceremony. [5]​

charivari punished men and women unequally – purple motes
I love history and you told a piece of it that I like much better than a record of wars. How do we as human beings determine how we should act and how do we keep each other in line?

If I understand what said correctly, the objective is to have men who can dominate a woman and can control her behavior as the authority over the woman, however, it is the mob and social expectations that are the authority that controls the behavior of men. In Christian belief, the man is under God's authority and in practice, it is the culture that determines God's will and the people are the body of God doing His will.

When people move into the wilderness and live not in villages but isolated, both the man and woman must be strong. If they are more reliant on physical strength than spiritual strength, they might be a bit brutish don't you think? Now if he is an older man who takes a 14-year-old wife because the parents want to marry her off before she gets pregnant, and also because it is a burden to feed her, and he wants someone to clean and cook for him, then he is more like a father hitting her to make her do what he wants, and plenty of communities accepted this as the way of life.