Why Are Women SO Pissed?

Feb 2014
Oregon
Women, especially white women are the most privileged creatures in our society.
I don't think you could have lived my life and come to that conclusion. I know many of us were held back by family duties and husbands who did not want us to be educated or to have careers, or even to spend a couple hours in an art class. I know how abusive life can be for women who dare step outside of what their husbands want and how this hurts the children as well. I know the difficulty of being a single mother and needing a job in a community with jobs for men, but few low paying jobs for women. I know a lot of social injustice and that is why some would say I am liberal and one of those people ruin our country.

People with money may be privileged but no one living in poverty is privileged. No matter what sex or color a person is, living in poverty is not being a privileged person, nor is living in debt slavery being a privileged person and as the problems of overpopulation increase, the struggle at the bottom is intensifying.

Feb 2014
Oregon
I would love a discussion of if women are privileged when it comes to prison sentences. I find the shift to ignoring the 2 structural and social causes of crime and instead focusing on individual pathology alarming! Come on let us talk about these things.

https://www.stephaniecovington.com/assets/files/4.pdf
The increased incarceration of women appears to be the outcome of larger forces that have shaped U.S. crime policy. These include the war on drugs; the shift in legal and academic realms toward a view of lawbreaking as individual pathology, ignoring the 2 structural and social causes of crime; government policies that prescribe simplistic, punitive enforcement responses to complex social problems; federal and state mandatory sentencing laws; and the public's fear of crime even though crime in the United States has been declining for nearly a decade.

Nov 2012
Chicago
Men such as yourself have a place in life, but you do not appear to be a family man to me. Actually very few men seem to be ideal family men. That leads to moments when a woman may want to be with someone who thinks of the restaurant, the benefit of the ordeal of shopping with a woman and then the sex. That is the kind of thing many husbands fail to think is important. They may think because they pay the bills, they have done their share in the relationship and that they have paid a woman to be pleasing to him, totally killing the romance essential to that good sex and her desire to please him.

We might say you are the forbidden desert that we all need from time to time. While the husband is the healthy meal that sustains the whole family. :lol: He is a healthy meal, but not a very tasty one. What is important about having the husband is that the children are doing well. It is great if the marriage is to a guy who understands what you know, but a woman is unlikely to be that lucky and now that she can support herself, the divorce rate is high.
Every woman I ever dated wanted to marry me, I even had a girl in high school tell me that she was saying the Rosary to get me back, which I thought was a bit much. I always treated women well, I found that most men were quite shallow, and boring, not all just most. My biggest regret is never having married, and never having children. If I had it to do over again, I would marry and father children, love one woman until death do us part, take care of her when she was sick, do dishes next to her, and share raising the kids and the house work. I've come to realize that's what life is really all about. My mother and father were deeply in love over the course of their marriage, neither one ever cheated, I wish I had followed their example.:neutral:

May 2013
arkansas
Every woman I ever dated wanted to marry me, I even had a girl in high school tell me that she was saying the Rosary to get me back, which I thought was a bit much. I always treated women well, I found that most men were quite shallow, and boring, not all just most. My biggest regret is never having married, and never having children. If I had it to do over again, I would marry and father children, love one woman until death do us part, take care of her when she was sick, do dishes next to her, and share raising the kids and the house work. I've come to realize that's what life is really all about. My mother and father were deeply in love over the course of their marriage, neither one ever cheated, I wish I had followed their example.:neutral:
Just curious, but is the use of 'men' a typo?

If it isn't, I have to agree somewhat. I live in the south and most men here are interested in women for three things. Sex, housekeeping and cooking. Don't get me wrong, a lot have evolved past that state, but those 'born and bred' in the south, especially in the small 'hole in the road' towns, fall into that category.

Feb 2014
Oregon
And my love that is the problem. You are everything a woman wants, but she can never have you for more than a short time. It is particularly dangerous to have sex with a man like you because good sex for a woman can trigger a bonding reaction and it is very difficult to have this reaction with someone who isn't going to bond. I am not saying all women bond after good sex, but those of us who do, are going to avoid the sex in the first place because it really sucks to want more of what we can not have.

Feb 2014
Oregon

If it isn't, I have to agree somewhat. I live in the south and most men here are interested in women for three things. Sex, housekeeping and cooking. Don't get me wrong, a lot have evolved past that state, but those 'born and bred' in the south, especially in the small 'hole in the road' towns, fall into that category.
:lol: Damn hormones! I married one of them and boy, was that a mistake, but everyone thought he was charming, good looking and intelligent and he was. He wore biker clothes and had a bike shortly after we were married. My hormones loved this guy, but intellectually it was a disaster! He was very unhappy with a woman who enjoyed reading and learning, and his displeasure with me ruined the relationship. I had a man tell me I had to give up my books if a wanted a man a life in my, and I ran as away from him as I could get. I sleep with all the best men in history, why would I want to sleep with someone who is opposed to a woman who wants knowledge? I married one of these men, and never again will I sleep with one of them.

The darn thing is, our hormones and feelings don't always follow our better reasoning. :think:

Nov 2012
Chicago

No, not a typo. I have had a few close male friends, mostly during H.S. but after that, in college and later in life, I found that talking about sex, lying a lot, and just reading about sports, and cars, just left me unsatisfied. I really didn't like telling other guys what happened on my dates etc. I mainly kept to myself and didn't feel the need for validating myself in the eyes of others.:neutral:

May 2013
arkansas
:lol: Damn hormones! I married one of them and boy, was that a mistake, but everyone thought he was charming, good looking and intelligent and he was. He wore biker clothes and had a bike shortly after we were married. My hormones loved this guy, but intellectually it was a disaster! He was very unhappy with a woman who enjoyed reading and learning, and his displeasure with me ruined the relationship. I had a man tell me I had to give up my books if a wanted a man a life in my, and I ran as away from him as I could get. I sleep with all the best men in history, why would I want to sleep with someone who is opposed to a woman who wants knowledge? I married one of these men, and never again will I sleep with one of them.

The darn thing is, our hormones and feelings don't always follow our better reasoning. :think:

My husband was from a small hole in the road town, but he was intelligent enough to get out the moment he graduated high school. I noticed over the years of visiting his parents that the more intelligent children grew up and left and the less intelligent ones stayed.

May 2013
arkansas
No, not a typo. I have had a few close male friends, mostly during H.S. but after that, in college and later in life, I found that talking about sex, lying a lot, and just reading about sports, and cars, just left me unsatisfied. I really didn't like telling other guys what happened on my dates etc. I mainly kept to myself and didn't feel the need for validating myself in the eyes of others.:neutral:

You sound like my husband. Most of his family could not understand why he married a long legged redheaded city girl with an attitude and stayed in the city instead of moving 'home' and marrying a 'good country girl' who was willing to take orders, do as she was told and ask permission for everything. Including cutting her own damn hair!

Nov 2012
Rhondda
You sound like my husband. Most of his family could not understand why he married a long legged redheaded city girl with an attitude and stayed in the city instead of moving 'home' and marrying a 'good country girl' who was willing to take orders, do as she was told and ask permission for everything. Including cutting her own damn hair!
Your back-woods do sound much, much more reactionary than anything we've got over here: probably they were too well-off to change. Moving 'home' here was a life-sentence to hunger and being bossed, I suppose.