Why Did Donald Trump Lash Out at Amazon?

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
It turns out there was more to Dear Leader's Twitter rant about Amazon using the Post Office to mail packages than just exposing his ignorance about the actual purpose of the Post Office.

Fortune Magazine has the complete story:

Amazon Caused Donald Trump to Lose $400 Million in Net Worth, Says Forbes

President Donald Trump’s net worth declined by more than $600 million in the past year, according to the Forbes 400 List of the richest people in America. However surprising Trump’s loss may be, the reason for it is even more unexpected. Trump’s real estate holdings, specifically those in New York City, have taken a big hit in the past year, as retail values are struggling in response to Amazon’s e-commerce gains.

According to Forbes research, the president is worth $3.1 billion, down from $3.7 billion a year ago. The loss has him moving from 156th on the list down to 248th. In accounting for the president’s $600 million write-down, the magazine cited the presidential campaign, which eroded his personal wealth, an expensive lawsuit, a dip in New York City’s real estate market that has hit retail particularly hard. “Values of several Manhattan properties, particularly those on or near Fifth Avenue, have dropped, shaving nearly $400 million off his fortune,” the magazine says.

much more: How Amazon Caused Trump to Lose $400 Million in Value | Fortune

Are the Trumpeteers going to explain to us why they think it's perfectly alright for the President of the United States to use his bully pulpit to wreak vengeance on a business adversary?!

Could this be why government requires Presidents to divest in their corporate holdings before entering office, whiich Dear Leader refuses to do, breaking yet another law he has sworn to uphold?

Reactions: 1 person

PMB

Mar 2018
US
I infer that Trump flew into Washington on fumes, just like his SIL , Jared Kushner.

The only 1040 we , the public had privy to was in 2005, and I infer he sent it to R. Maddow, to show he paid taxes that year.

PS: I love Amazon.

Last edited:
Dec 2015
Arizona
Prez Builder may not like Amazon for another reason: Jeff Bezos (Amazon) owns the Washington Post---bought it in 2013. The Post has slammed Trump for....well....breathing.

AND good for the Post.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Given his narcissism, I would put more emphasis on Clara's point. He considers praise more valuable than dollars, and criticism gives him fits.

Reactions: 1 person