Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Good example is in the news today about Rep. Steve King who was honest enough to acknowledge a certain similarity of thought with White Nationalists, Supremacists. Republicans cannot tolerate the truth and are definitely frightened when their affection for kindred spirits is openly recognized.

Steve King Loses House Committee Seats Over White Supremacy Remark
Based on comments from a variety of reporters and quotes from other Republicans, the NYT interview wasn't a one-off. He has a history of saying racist things. It's just till the NYT interview, it stayed under the radar apparently.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Yes, democrats did as a group. 1. DNC and HILLARY contracted Fusion GPS and the DNC and Hillary selected Michael Steele to perform the research, Steele Contacted Russian intelligence Agency to create a FALSE Dossier on Trump.

and leaked it in order to sway the election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/clinton-campaign-dnc-paid-for-research-that-led-to-russia-dossier/2017/10/24/226fabf0-b8e4-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.6693af8396d2
You have a different idea of "Democrats" as a generic group than anyone with any ounce of understanding would have. I do not doubt that Hillary's campaign sought "dirt" on Trump similar to what Trump's campaign sought against her. However, the Clinton workers did not contact a Russian agent in this country who was acting illegally as the Trump campaign did.
Try again. If you can, start by accepting the misbehavior of Trump's campaign before you get your panties in a wad about the Clinton campaign. (I don't reallyexpect any self-reflection by TNV73, of course. However, I like to imagine that he has some capacity to learn. I hate to think that his ignorance is so refractory as to be impenetrable.)

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Based on comments from a variety of reporters and quotes from other Republicans, the NYT interview wasn't a one-off. He has a history of saying racist things. It's just till the NYT interview, it stayed under the radar apparently.
I hate to see a guy punished for just being an honest Republican.....it is rather refreshing, actually.

Reactions: leekohler2
Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
You have a different idea of "Democrats" as a generic group than anyone with any ounce of understanding would have. I do not doubt that Hillary's campaign sought "dirt" on Trump similar to what Trump's campaign sought against her. However, the Clinton workers did not contact a Russian agent in this country who was acting illegally as the Trump campaign did.
Try again. If you can, start by accepting the misbehavior of Trump's campaign before you get your panties in a wad about the Clinton campaign. (I don't reallyexpect any self-reflection by TNV73, of course. However, I like to imagine that he has some capacity to learn. I hate to think that his ignorance is so refractory as to be impenetrable.)
What misbehavior? Gates, Manafort, Flynn etc... were charged with crimes that occurred in before 2012 or AFTER the election, and have nothing to do with Trump.

It not illegal for trump to enter an NDA for actions that occurred before he was elected.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Yes, democrats did as a group. 1. DNC and HILLARY contracted Fusion GPS and the DNC and Hillary selected Michael Steele to perform the research, Steele Contacted Russian intelligence Agency to create a FALSE Dossier on Trump.

and leaked it in order to sway the election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/clinton-campaign-dnc-paid-for-research-that-led-to-russia-dossier/2017/10/24/226fabf0-b8e4-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.6693af8396d2

Actually the neither DNC nor Hillary contacted Fusion GPS directly, nor did either of them have any say in the hiring of Steele. Fusion was hired by a law firm who was handling the DNC opposition research on Trump. The law firm hired Fusion, who then brought in Steele. The "dossier" is merely a collection of memos, essentially witness statements. All Steele did was take what Fusion already had and try to verify it. Steele was hired specifically because he had Russian contacts. The reason he was hired, was because even before being hired by the law firm, based on their original research paid for by the Free Beacon and the Rubio supporter, Fusion already suspected that Trump had some dirty dealings with the Russians.

All of this is however purely academic as no laws were broken.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
In response to this:
TNV73 wrote this (which has absolutely NOTHING to do with Steele, Dossier, the Trump Tower-Maria Butina meeting in the prior post.)
What misbehavior? Gates, Manafort, Flynn etc... were charged with crimes that occurred in before 2012 or AFTER the election, and have nothing to do with Trump.

It not illegal for trump to enter an NDA for actions that occurred before he was elected.
In your signature, I suggest you include a disclaimer as a fair warning that you are prone to episodes of irrational behavior and inscrutable postings that have no relation to the topic under discussion.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
So why it called the "Russian Dossier" and not the "Australian" or "Canadian" or German dossier

When the Republican donor stopped paying for the research, Elias, acting on behalf of the Clinton campaign and the DNC, agreed to pay for the work to continue. The Democrats paid for research, including by Fusion GPS, because of concerns that little was known about Trump and his business interests, according to the people familiar with the matter.
I think you're serious.