Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
UDub, you have been on DTT how long? since December??--one month?? For ONE MONTH you have read/absorbed/swallowed a teaspoon from the Trump trash.
Don't you think DTT members have attempted to "discuss the problems with the Trump administration"? Don't you think DTT members have presented facts, statistics, data, quotes, history, video, audio & logic? This started at least 3 years ago.
THREE YEARS! Do you GET that? For THREE years or MORE we have had these "discussions".
We have debated calmly. We have discussed congenially. We have joked and cajoled. We have sparred and verbally jousted. We've played political chess, with well-thought-out moves.
Many of us were willing to give Trump a chance. Some thought his advisors would guide him--that Trump would listen--that Trump would become presidential, diplomatic, articulate and cautious. I personally thought "he can't be as bad as they say". Guess what? HE IS. HE WAS. In fact, he is worse than most of us imagined and NOW you want us to approach the problem how?
When you say "this is not one of those ways"....exactly WHAT ways are LEFT? What new strategy should we use? What would work? Please advise us. Obviously, we have overlooked some important detail.

You do not discuss things w/ people who challenge your pov. Your post history is evidence of this. Anyone can go back and read this.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
UDub, you have been on DTT how long? since December??--one month?? For ONE MONTH you have read/absorbed/swallowed a teaspoon from the Trump trash.
Don't you think DTT members have attempted to "discuss the problems with the Trump administration"? Don't you think DTT members have presented facts, statistics, data, quotes, history, video, audio & logic? This started at least 3 years ago.
THREE YEARS! Do you GET that? For THREE years or MORE we have had these "discussions".
We have debated calmly. We have discussed congenially. We have joked and cajoled. We have sparred and verbally jousted. We've played political chess, with well-thought-out moves.
Many of us were willing to give Trump a chance. Some thought his advisors would guide him--that Trump would listen--that Trump would become presidential, diplomatic, articulate and cautious. I personally thought "he can't be as bad as they say". Guess what? HE IS. HE WAS. In fact, he is worse than most of us imagined and NOW you want us to approach the problem how?
When you say "this is not one of those ways"....exactly WHAT ways are LEFT? What new strategy should we use? What would work? Please advise us. Obviously, we have overlooked some important detail.
I appreciate the feedback, Clara. My bigger point is we all have to share this country. Regardless of what you think of President Trump and regardless of how stupid you find his supporters, they're not going away. They're your neighbors. They're my neighbors. They're my family, in fact.

As I've said before on here, feel free to attack the facts of one's position. But it's better not to attack the character of the person holding that position.

May 2018
Chicago
Let's say I thought the sky was red and you thought the sky was blue. Do you think an effective method of convincing me is to ask "Are you stupid?"
We tried everything else- rational thought, presentation of facts, everything. The still say the sky is red. So yes, the only possible conclusion anyone can come to is stupidity. BTW, your post was not an answer.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
We tried everything else- rational thought, presentation of facts, everything. The still say the sky is red. So yes, the only possible conclusion anyone can come to is stupidity. BTW, your post was not an answer.
Then we keep trying. Because tomorrow there will still be Trump supporters who believe the sky is red (nicely done BTW). The only difference tomorrow is tomorrow they'll feel more defiant towards you because you flat out call them stupid.

May 2018
Chicago
Then we keep trying. Because tomorrow there will still be Trump supporters who believe the sky is red (nicely done BTW). The only difference tomorrow is tomorrow they'll feel more defiant towards you because you flat out call them stupid.
Then what's the point? They'll never believe the sky is blue. Who care if they're defiant?

May 2013
arkansas
Nope. In the context of the article thise those things are most definitely exaggerated w/ the intention of making a disingenuous point. IMO that is text book hyperbole

Let's just take the first one as a point of reference

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on scamming poor people

Do you think that is honestly what happened?
Yes. I doubt very much they scammed as many people as they did accidentally.

May 2013
arkansas
I appreciate the feedback, Clara. My bigger point is we all have to share this country. Regardless of what you think of President Trump and regardless of how stupid you find his supporters, they're not going away. They're your neighbors. They're my neighbors. They're my family, in fact.

As I've said before on here, feel free to attack the facts of one's position. But it's better not to attack the character of the person holding that position.
You need to go back and reread the last line of the OP. It's the kindest thing a sane, intelligent person can call a Trump supporter.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
This thread is another example of what is now considered the right is consistently growing.

Keep it up guys.