Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?

May 2013
arkansas
You know, there is another possibility here.

It is entirely possible that the Trump supporters here have seen the truth regarding the man for whom they voted and truly feel like complete idiots, but pride and ego refuse to allow them to admit that even to themselves, let alone publicly.

May 2018
USA
Nope. In the context of the article thise those things are most definitely exaggerated w/ the intention of making a disingenuous point. IMO that is text book hyperbole

Let's just take the first one as a point of reference

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on scamming poor people

Do you think that is honestly what happened?
Hate to break it to you Nancy, but Trump defrauded "students" at Trump University and had to pay a $25 million settlement. Do you literally live in a cave that you haven't heard about this?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/10/politics/trump-university-settlement-finalized-trnd/index.html

May 2013
arkansas
May 2018
USA
This thread is another example of what is now considered the right is consistently growing.

Keep it up guys.
Yeah, that's why the Republicans kicked the crap out of the Democrats in the midterms, because the RW is growing so rapidly!

Do you Trumplodytes even vet what you put down or say AT ALL before blurting out nonsense? Or is lying to defend your Lord and Master just an immediate instinct now (emulating Trump)?

May 2018
USA
You know, there is another possibility here.

It is entirely possible that the Trump supporters here have seen the truth regarding the man for whom they voted and truly feel like complete idiots, but pride and ego refuse to allow them to admit that even to themselves, let alone publicly.
That's a good observation. Remember when GW Bush lied us into war in Iraq, the fake surveillance photos, the lies of WMDs? I noticed a LOT of very smart people where I work swallowed the lies hook, line, and sinker. I believe a lot of those people never turned on Bush because they'd have had to admit to themselves that THEY WERE OUTSMARTED BY A VERY STUPID MAN (Bush Jr). Their egos can't handle it. Why? Because they are weak people.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
This thread is another example of what is now considered the right is consistently growing.

Keep it up guys.
As someone who hates Trump and leans left on most issues, I suggest everyone take this post by @Sabcat very seriously. If you want to know why we got Trump in the first place, continue calling Republicans stupid and you'll find out in 2020.

May 2018
Chicago
As someone who hates Trump and leans left on most issues, I suggest everyone take this post by @Sabcat very seriously. If you want to know why we got Trump in the first place, continue calling Republicans stupid and you'll find out in 2020.
Like we found out in 2018?

UDub, I think this presidency was a terrible fluke. Many people who voted for Trump will not do so again, as they realized their mistake. Trump and his band of deplorables have energized decent, thinking people like never before. I'm not going to coddle those who get in bed with white supremacists and homophobes. I'm going to call them out. I'm going to hold them to account.

May 2018
USA
Like we found out in 2018?

UDub, I think this presidency was a terrible fluke. Many people who voted for Trump will not do so again, as they realized their mistake. Trump and his band of deplorables have energized decent, thinking people like never before. I'm not going to coddle those who get in bed with white supremacists and homophobes. I'm going to call them out. I'm going to hold them to account.
Better yet, the GOP has proven themselves to be utterly corrupt with their attempts to whitewash all of Trump's misdeeds. The GOP is finished as a namebrand, make my words. They'll continue on for a few years, get smashed in 2020 and 2022, then "reinvent" themselves as a kinder, gentler GOP. Which will promptly revert to massive upper class tax cuts and petty bullshit if they ever achieve power again.