Why do politicians kids go to the front of the line at Ivy League schools?

Sep 2014
On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders
Has little to do with politics. I has to do with MONEY.
If Daddy Sets Them Up Halfway to the Finish Line, Break Their Legs and Make Them Crawl the Rest of the Way

It has to do with Daddy's Money, which is unearned. Cut them off at age 18, or we plebeians will have to cut them down.

Sep 2014
The military academies are almost exclusively under political control as the Congress is the gatekeeper. A little different than from the legacy preferences shown at universities (Ivy League or otherwise) or the wink wink to politicians.
No Wonder the Theme Song of the Hostages Was "Tie a Yellow Ribbon"

Not really. Jimmy Carter used his Daddy's influence so he could sit out World War II at the Naval Academy. He had been eligible for the draft in June of 1942. But go ahead, listen to the typical nonsense that a military-hater like Peanut Boy had a completely different character when he was 18. It seems that only Iranian jihadi teenagers could figure out what kind of unpatriotic coward he had been from birth. To show my mortal hatred of both political sides, I have to add that it was just like the way their Sunni rivals saw through a sissyboy draftdodger like Dubdub.

May 2019
USA

Not really. Jimmy Carter used his Daddy's influence so he could sit out World War II at the Naval Academy. He had been eligible for the draft in June of 1942. But go ahead, listen to the typical nonsense that a military-hater like Peanut Boy had a completely different character when he was 18. It seems that only Iranian jihadi teenagers could figure out what kind of unpatriotic coward he had been from birth. To show my mortal hatred of both political sides, I have to add that it was just like the way their Sunni rivals saw through a sissyboy draftdodger like Dubdub.
At least he wasn't afraid to go to Three Mile Island, and the Iranian hostage situation was the fallout from him embracing the Shah to sell American military equipment to them.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
To be fair, let's put Tucker Carlson into perspective. Carlson does a lot of stone throwing from his glass house when it comes to criticizing "the elite"

Born in San Francisco, Carlson is the son of former LA news anchor and former US Ambassador Richard Warner Carlson (he has his own wikipedia). While his mother left when Tucker was 6, his father remarried Patricia Caroline Swanson, the heiress of the Swanson frozen-food fortune and the neise of former Senator J William Fulbright.

Carlson eventually moved to the east coast to attend high school at St. George's School, a private boarding school. After graduating high school, he got a BA from Trinity College, a private liberal arts school in Hartford Connecticut.

But he presents himself as the voice for the every-day man.

Please
He couldn't get into an Ivy League college, even with the Swanson money.....

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.

Sit out the war????
So, everyone KNEW, in June of 1942, that the war would end by late summer 1945?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::cool:

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA

So no one was supposed to go to the military academies between 1941 and 1945 because they would be cowards “sitting out the war” if they did?

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
The Net and Its Nitwits

Too bad you can't use your lame posts to get draft-exempt because of that disability.
Well? How could anyone have had any idea how long the war would last in June of 1942?
Until the battle of Midway in that year the U.S & the Allies had know nothing other than defeat in the PTO. Operation Torch, the allied landings in North Africa, was still 5 months away.
How could anyone have know that someone entering West Point in June of 1942 would not graduate untill after the war was over? Explain that.

Don't need any sort of exemption kid. I served in the Marines from 1968-1974. Already done my tour of duty and just turned 70 years old.
How about you?

Sep 2014
Well? How could anyone have had any idea how long the war would last in June of 1942?
Until the battle of Midway in that year the U.S & the Allies had know nothing other than defeat in the PTO. Operation Torch, the allied landings in North Africa, was still 5 months away.
How could anyone have know that someone entering West Point in June of 1942 would not graduate untill after the war was over? Explain that.

Don't need any sort of exemption kid. I served in the Marines from 1968-1974. Already done my tour of duty and just turned 70 years old.
How about you?
All Male 18-Year-Olds, Even Billionaires' Brats, Must Be Subject to Two Years Active Duty Before They Go to College

I don't expect anyone who thinks we should be proud to die taking a richkid's place to believe a Chickenhawk-hater can ever have served himself, but
I was in combat with Hotel Company, Second Battalion, Fifth Marines from Sept66 to Mar67. As an infantryman, my chances of living through my full tour were only 50%.