Why does the state involve itself with marriage?

Mar 2018
Grayson
Barton's official biography describes him as "an expert in historical and constitutional issues".[32] Barton holds no formal credentials in history or law, and scholars dispute the accuracy and integrity of his assertions about history, accusing him of practicing misleading historical revisionism, "pseudoscholarship" and spreading "outright falsehoods".[8][9][10][11] According to the New York Times, "Many professional historians dismiss Mr. Barton, whose academic degree is in Christian Education from Oral Roberts University, as a biased amateur who cherry-picks quotes from history and the Bible."[7] Barton's 2012 book The Jefferson Lies was voted "the least credible history book in print" by the users of the History News Network website.[33] The book's publisher, Christian publishing house Thomas Nelson, disavowed the book and withdrew it from sale. A senior executive said that Thomas Nelson could not stand by the book because "basic truths just were not there."[26]
David Barton (author) - Wikipedia
Abraham Lincoln learned law through self study. So, maybe when I find faults with the 14th Amendment, you will stipulate to them? Naw, didn't think so

John Garand, inventor of the M1 Garand rifle studied college via self study with a correspondence school called ICS

Walter P. Chrysler went to the same home study school John Garand did.

BTW, what historians and / or biblical scholars agreed with Barton?

Dec 2015
Arizona
Sounds like you live in a world of absolutes - that only you have a monopoly on truth. You really should look up the word unalienable and see how the courts ruled on unalienable Rights.
HEY! Thanks for confirming my comments. Thanks for ONCE AGAIN showing your arrogant asshat side--for implying that I don't have the foggiest---that I am an uneducated twit---that people like me couldn't possibly understand BIG BIG words like unalienable.
I suppose there ARE some absolutes in this world. Of course, most of us are beginning to think that since "truth isn't truth" and statistics/quotes are 'alternative facts' we may never see an absolute till hell freezes over. BUT yes. I still believe in absolutes--I thought most people did until Donald J. Trump became our pretend president.
Maybe you should look up the word humility. Or deference.

Mar 2018
Grayson
HEY! Thanks for confirming my comments. Thanks for ONCE AGAIN showing your arrogant asshat side--for implying that I don't have the foggiest---that I am an uneducated twit---that people like me couldn't possibly understand BIG BIG words like unalienable.
I suppose there ARE some absolutes in this world. Of course, most of us are beginning to think that since "truth isn't truth" and statistics/quotes are 'alternative facts' we may never see an absolute till hell freezes over. BUT yes. I still believe in absolutes--I thought most people did until Donald J. Trump became our pretend president.
Maybe you should look up the word humility. Or deference.

I'm sure you just got a PM moments before that hissy fit to help you with a couple more big words you never heard before. I sure as Hell didn't see any humility from you when you came out denouncing constitutionalists before anyone identifying as such made a statement to you. You just went after anyone that disagrees with you.

The liberals here go out, wanting to pick a fight with anyone that disagrees with them. In doing so, you have shown that you practice idiocy as a religion. Do you honestly think that by bringing in Donald Chump to the discussion is going to bolster your ignorant and bigoted beliefs about others? Chump can rot in Hell as far as I'm concerned. You can't deal with facts, so you attack people, then condemn them for responding back to you in like kind. Adding insult to injury, you make silly assumptions and want this to be a pissing match between conservatives and liberals.

I don't think either of side is right. You're both going to the same destination via different roads. So you look up that word unalienable and get back to us.

Nov 2005
California
When you get AN issue, let me know. I do not read nor respond to multi quote posts like that. Are you stupid? Nobody wants to read a freaking book. It's bad enough that you are wrong 99 out of 100 times, but trying to make people I'm wrong on EVERY point is a sign of weakness on your part. So, unless you have AN issue, I accept your concession of defeat.
ROFLMAO!
Again, you throw out menial and meaningless excuses for why you won't discuss the issues...
Again, you throw insults around with abandon. But in a few posts, you'll go back to whining about being insulted. :rolleyes:

Abraham Lincoln learned law through self study. So, maybe when I find faults with the 14th Amendment, you will stipulate to them? Naw, didn't think so
You are not Abraham Lincoln. Nor are you any of the other people you cite.
You cherry-pick some "success" stories but then fail to present an overview of all the others who came from similar backgrounds who failed. By your argument style, all I need to do is find ONE SUCCESS like me and that automatically proves me a winner?
Your lack of logic is astounding.

Why would I agree to faults with the 14th amendment based solely on the fact that you are the one finding them.

The very clear point being made is that there are actual bar certified lawyers and then there are hacks.
You present nothing of intelligible merit. The world is filled with people who present nonsense arguments.

Nov 2005
California
One book out of how many that he wrote? Yeah, I don't agree with him on a lot of issues, but you can bet your ass if I quoted from some book the History News Network endorsed and you didn't like it, you'd bust your ass finding some negative criticism in order to try and refute the most obvious.
Can you show any of his books which you claim are successes and lauded as a good example of historical merit?
Or is this just your flimsy way of ignoring the fact that he lies through his teeth.

You claimed: There is nothing wrong with Dave Barton.
This claim was shown to be wrong.

Now you want to use the fact that there are more books as something meaningful? :rolleyes:

Dec 2015
Arizona
I'm sure you just got a PM moments before that hissy fit to help you with a couple more big words you never heard before. I sure as Hell didn't see any humility from you when you came out denouncing constitutionalists before anyone identifying as such made a statement to you. You just went after anyone that disagrees with you.

The liberals here go out, wanting to pick a fight with anyone that disagrees with them. In doing so, you have shown that you practice idiocy as a religion. Do you honestly think that by bringing in Donald Chump to the discussion is going to bolster your ignorant and bigoted beliefs about others? Chump can rot in Hell as far as I'm concerned. You can't deal with facts, so you attack people, then condemn them for responding back to you in like kind. Adding insult to injury, you make silly assumptions and want this to be a pissing match between conservatives and liberals.

I don't think either of side is right. You're both going to the same destination via different roads. So you look up that word unalienable and get back to us.

Wait. What's that? YOU think that debating is picking a fight? You think that my post was a hissy fit? Oh, sweetie, if you thought that was a hissy fit you just haven't LIVED long enough. I'd like to agree with you, but then I don't want to be wrong, whereas YOU'RE fine with that.
I'll tell you a secret. When I read insulting posts--when I read wind-baggish, pompous, bovine, quadrated, pejorative posts, such as yours, I get a little worked up---just a tad bit. So you'll have to excuse me.
Maybe I'll have more patience with you tomorrow, but today I'm fresh out.
In the meantime, you can just think of me as a challenge. ;)

Mar 2018
Grayson
ROFLMAO!
Again, you throw out menial and meaningless excuses for why you won't discuss the issues...
Again, you throw insults around with abandon. But in a few posts, you'll go back to whining about being insulted. :rolleyes:

You are not Abraham Lincoln. Nor are you any of the other people you cite.
You cherry-pick some "success" stories but then fail to present an overview of all the others who came from similar backgrounds who failed. By your argument style, all I need to do is find ONE SUCCESS like me and that automatically proves me a winner?
Your lack of logic is astounding.

Why would I agree to faults with the 14th amendment based solely on the fact that you are the one finding them.

The very clear point being made is that there are actual bar certified lawyers and then there are hacks.
You present nothing of intelligible merit. The world is filled with people who present nonsense arguments.
Did I say I thought I was Abraham Lincoln? What dumbassery! ROTFLMFAO. You should be a comedian.

You poke at Dave Barton; I simply showed that many successful people don't have a degree from Harvard. You were obviously unable to draw the connection that I responded to your silliness.

I'm not the one who found faults with the 14th Amendment. Congressmen, judges, historians, lawyers, and commentators have been exposing it for YEARS.

What do you think that "bar certified lawyers" have a monopoly on understanding? When Rosa Parks made a big deal about where to ride on a bus, how many bar certified lawyers do you suppose disagreed with her and those attorneys that took up what was thought to be an unwinnable case?

Have you EVER used your brain?

Mar 2018
Grayson
Can you show any of his books which you claim are successes and lauded as a good example of historical merit?
Or is this just your flimsy way of ignoring the fact that he lies through his teeth.

You claimed: There is nothing wrong with Dave Barton.
This claim was shown to be wrong.

Now you want to use the fact that there are more books as something meaningful? :rolleyes:
There is nothing wrong with Dave Barton. He's a human being. I don't make Gods out of mortals. How utterly ridiculous!