Why Doesn't the "right" go into education

Dec 2015
Arizona
Those that Cant Teach.. Liberals talk a good game but cannot produce,

Your quote is something from George Bernard Shaw's play "Man and Superman
and in context it was said to comfort/empathize with a friend whose teacher was not happy with him and SHAW may have been referring to revolutionaries. Ever since the phrase has been used to disparage teachers. Unfortunately people rarely jump to the teacher's defense, BUT I WILL.
Teachers: Aristotle. Galileo. Mozart. Marie Curie, best known for her discoveries about radioactivity, was the first woman to be a professor at the Sorbonne. Until a few years ago, Stephen Hawking taught at Cambridge University, holding the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics chair, once held by Sir Isaac Newton. Those who can do, certainly teach.

Albert Einstein spent most of his career at universities, and is often credited with a quote that underscores the importance of teaching on the teacher: "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

Mozart taught. C.S. Lewis taught. Laura Ingalls Wilder taught. Alexander Graham Bell taught. Steve Wozniak taught. Eleanor Roosevelt taught. John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Millard Fillmore, James Garfield, Grover Cleveland, Howard Taft, Woodrow Wilson and Lyndon Baines Johnson----ALL WERE TEACHERS.

So when you quote George Bernard Shaw, think carefully.

Usually THOSE WHO CAN'T.....CRITICIZE. AND you can quote me.

Last edited:
Feb 2014
Oregon
Are Texas Republicans the Right? If so the Right does get involved with education.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/.../texas.../2012/.../gJQAHNpFXW_blog.html
Jul 9, 2012 - In the you-can’t-make-up-this-stuff department, here’s what the Republican Party of Texaswrote into its 2012 platform as part of the section on education: ... The party opposes the teaching of “higher order thinking skills” because it believes the purpose is to challenge a ...
I think this might also be the work of the Right? Christians are conservatives aren't they? And isn't that the Right?

Sep 20, 2013 - Creationists came out in full force and demanded that “biblical truth,” ... If textbooks inTexas don't teach evolution, the entire country will suffer ... meet the science education standards thatinclude the creationists' amendments ...[/quote]

Republicans, Democrats Differ on Creationism
Republicans much more likely than Democrats to believe humans created as-is 10,000 years ago
https://news.gallup.com/poll/108226/republicans-democrats-differ-creationism.aspx
I am strongly in favor of teaching evolution and strongly oppose teaching creationism. I do not consider Christianity compatible with democracy.

Last edited:
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
I think you may be using the reply function wrong. I dont see your posts and have to click the quoted post to see them.